Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post ops, please tell me....

I bought "pho" broth. which is vietnamese noodle Soup broth mmmmmmm good a ginger/chicken flavor I bought a lot so it would last a nice variety of juices and vanilla soy milk becouse it is so much better for you. ensure is good for you but it does not taste good and it is sooooooooo expensive. I also made my family beef stew and before I thicken it I took out broth you can do the same with Beans chicken ect be creative

when you can have creamier I went to cambell's section and got creamy pea Soups ect. and in the organic section there is a line of Soups in a box that have a number of creamy no chunks soups. you can also have popsicle any time after surgery best you make your own from juice.

good luck

lots of Soup. they have cambells soup at hand it is is very thin. Also oatmeal that is watery and good for you. Yougart, I wouldn't try eating any chicken yet if you just have surgery, even after the liquid phase unless it really soft and bread usually gets stuck. Well it does for me. For a year I stayed on soup and Water w/ no fill and lost the rest of my weight.

Well...I've Had My Band For 2 Years and always after a fill it's straight liquid which for me is usually juices & soup.....but after 5 days I always begin to eat yougart, oatmeal, gravy, then after about the 4th day I eat basically anything I want, other than red-meats ...my meats is mostly chicken or fish and I rarely eat bread because sometimes it agrees with me sometimes it doesnt which im sure that's all in how well u chew too ....but rice & all veggies, fruits, pastas ....Ive really not found anything I can't eat other than red-meats & bread

I was banded on Jan 9th of this year. Im in the second phase of post op eating, which is mushies. I eat Fiber One cereal w/skim milk, cottage cheese, applesauce, canned peaches and pears, tuna w/fat free dressing so its moist, Gorton's fish fillets, peas and carrots, green Beans, bean with bacon Soup, some Healthy Choice meals (the small ones with chicken and mashed potatoes are very moist and tender), Jello, chili (the meat is very small bits). Basically anything that is moist and soft, easy to chew into small bites.

The only thing Ive run into that worried me was grapes and pineapple in canned chunky mixed fruit. I spit them out afraid to swallow them. Hehe.

hi my name is ann ford, i am post-op 15 months tomorrow i have lost 96 pounds so far. i can not eat bread any type of starch or beef. what i eat is the lean cusines or smart ones. was just dianosed with laryngopharyngeal reflux besides the acid reflux and being tested for addisons disease besides everything else i have wrong with me. everytime i turn around it is always something else.:) and if i had to do this lapband surgery over i would in a heart beat.

hugs ann38:) :help:

hi my name is ann ford, i am post-op 15 months tomorrow i have lost 96 pounds so far. i can not eat bread any type of starch or beef. what i eat is the lean cusines or smart ones. was just dianosed with laryngopharyngeal reflux besides the acid reflux and being tested for addisons disease besides everything else i have wrong with me. everytime i turn around it is always something else.:) and if i had to do this lapband surgery over i would in a heart beat.

hugs ann38:) :help:

Are your medical problems due to getting the lapband??? Just wondering.

hi,... no the acid problems and all my other problems are not from getting the lap-ban surgery i had them before then trying to get them under control but it is just hard

hugs ann38:) :clap2:

The bread being sticky I understand...but I wonder about the red meat...especially since Protein is such an important issue. Is it because it can't digest as quickly and gets stuck?

hi dacr64,..... your right red meat is protien and is a main factor, but i'm one of those people who can't get any type of starch or beef down i just my ban just won't take it. i can get chicken, turkey and pork down just not beef. i hope this helps you.yes that is it i can't digest as quick as it goes down and because i also have bad throat problems too.

hugs ann 38 ;) :clap2: :)