Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating and drinking I couldn't do it if I wanted to - I am too full!

I eat about 1/2 to 1 C max of food. I can't drink while eating if I wanted to. I sometimes can't comfortably drink for 1 or more hours after eating.

I also burp a lot and sound like a taradacto dinasour! Sorry I think I spelt that wrong :).

Anybody find this?

Sounds like the green zone to me :)

It sounds like just where you want to be. Your weight loss is good,

and you're not supposed to drink while you eat, or am I coming

in the middle of another post?

I eat about 1/2 to 1 C max of food. I can't drink while eating if I wanted to. I sometimes can't comfortably drink for 1 or more hours after eating.

I also burp a lot and sound like a taradacto dinasour! Sorry I think I spelt that wrong :).

Anybody find this?

I don't see a problem with this, it sounds like you are doing well. Good going and good luck. Karen

Thanks guys for you help. I just found it weird as my BFF who is banded drinks & eats all the time. I am really strict but couldn't if I wanted to. She can eat bread as I can barely do a cracker. I am happy & want to hit 90-100lbs by my 1 year ann.

K

It sounds like your where you should be. It doesn't sound like your friend is following the band rules very well.

I use to drink while I ate at the beginning before any fills now I wouldnt dare try it! I can drink before I eat but unless it's tiny sips of hot tea if thins aren't going down smoothly I can't drink at all! It's one of the things they said to start before even having the surgery but it's so counter intuitive! I woul have waiters say "really!?! Are you sure you don't want anything to drink" and they would end up bringing me Water anyway which I would quickly push towards my husband because if it's infront of me I'll accidentally drink just out of habit!

I'd say you are at a good place.

With the proper amount of restriction, it takes time for the food to pass through your band. Drinking during this period would only add to the volume

you have in your pouch and may end up on the table in front of you!

When I start burping during a meal, for me, it is the first warning sign that I need to slow it way down, even wait 10-15 minutes, or stop altogether.

If I stop altogether, which I normally do, and let everyone else finish their meal, then the food has passed and I have room for a little dessert with my

dinner companions.

Also, everyone knows I can't have after dinner coffee, so we always stop at a Starbucks on the way home, way after finishing dinner.

I would trade places with you right now. I am so tight only protien shakes and liquids go down also gurgling salvia day and night. My Surgeon retired and have new Dr and won't take me in for slight unfill untill Tuesday. I can not wait till Tusday!!! I have been too tight before but never this tight. Can not wait for an unfill. As long as I can drink my Water, coffee and protien shakes I can make it to Tuesday but I am getting a little gripy. Today is my birthday I already told them do not being a cake anywhere around me or the smell of food.

I am spending my birthday helping my best friend also banded with 14, 11 year old girls at a sleep over, Wish me luck! gurgle gurgle!

Cheri

If only i could get back there! I only get this sporadically, and can think of only a few months within my six banded years where this was the norm - my band is almost full!

I would trade places with you right now. I am so tight only protien shakes and liquids go down also gurgling salvia day and night. My Surgeon retired and have new Dr and won't take me in for slight unfill untill Tuesday. I can not wait till Tusday!!! I have been too tight before but never this tight. Can not wait for an unfill. As long as I can drink my Water, coffee and protien shakes I can make it to Tuesday but I am getting a little gripy. Today is my birthday I already told them do not being a cake anywhere around me or the smell of food.

I am spending my birthday helping my best friend also banded with 14, 11 year old girls at a sleep over, Wish me luck! gurgle gurgle!

Cheri

Cheri, Don't let them take too much out. Don't try to push anything too much this weekend, and Tuesday you will be green!

Cheri, Don't let them take too much out. Don't try to push anything too much this weekend, and Tuesday you will be green!

Gonna go in there just like before and say 02 or .03 and no more and if he does not agree if I will go elsewhere. I just need a tiny bit out to breath and that is all. I have been too tight before and it only took a tiny bit to make it managable. That is what I want this time too. Trust me I have been good as gold as I am just too tight. This is my second time to see this DR but I think he will listen to my request. i will let you know Tuesday night about his ways. Remember my Surgeon retired. I can get my Water and Protein shakes in but not much more but I am gurgling so much,

CHERI

mine retired too :( , but I'm guessing I won't need a fill or anything for about 10 months or so.

Thanks all for your comments & support. I am so happy tobe in the green zone and have the scale moving.

123 cord/Cheri– sorry to hear that you are too tight! Hopeabout drinking the Protein juice as it isn’t as thick. Sometimes I have problemswith Protein shakes. I also find Oh Yeah bars easier to eat too. I hope your unfill comes quickly – 2 moresleeps. Good luck! Keep us posted after your unfill. Hope you had fun with thesleep over J.

Jachut/Jacqui – I know I am lucky to be in the green zone.As by BFF who is banded has no restriction and she is at 8.25 and going for anotherfill this week. As I am at 6.25 and good.

Kristen – we had surgery around the same time. We also startedout at around the same weight too.

B-52 – I am the queen of hick ups J. I listen to them as I havemade mistakes when I haven’tL.

I really motivated to shed pounds for my vacation! Have agreat evening all!

Cheers,

Kristi