Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waynef, Not so sure 343 is all that skinny lol

54Shirley, I know that the post-op diet is liquids liquids liquids, but afterwards at least I'd have the thought that, it's in, I'm banded, just get through it and it will be fine. Pre-op fasting, well my paperwork made sure to state that something might happen to delay the surgery. I've done fasting/starvation/liquid only diets before... they suck. I did one fast for a month and it was beyond sucksville.

I'm just glad that, so far, it seems that everyone that's active here is pretty damn supportive. So, kudos to those for helping everyone else out, one day at a time...

Matt

You made me laugh :lol: I was on a liquid diet 7 days before my surgery and I remember the day before the surgery I was sucking on lays potato chips and spitting them out. I only did it on 3-4 chips but damn it was good!! I told my surgeon the next day and he said "I don't want to hear this". He was cool about it. Anyway, yes, you probably will be hungry after surgery. I wasn't until I got to the mushies stages. Thats when the mental strain came to me. But, I pulled through (you will too) and it prepared my tummy for less food. (stomach shrink?). Just try to do something else or think of something else. Good luck!!

Hi everyone...well I started my 3 day liquid fast yesterday and it's shear TORTURE!!!! I am starving waaaaaaa!!!!! Surgery is Monday morning at 7:45am...so excited and nervous. Am I going to be this hungry after surgery???? This sucks :( Any suggestions on how to help this nonsense...I dream of eating and the yesterday I chewed a chip and spit it out...OMG I can't beleive I just admitted that lol...Ok well thanks for listening :)

Waynef, Not so sure 343 is all that skinny lol

54Shirley, I know that the post-op diet is liquids liquids liquids, but afterwards at least I'd have the thought that, it's in, I'm banded, just get through it and it will be fine. Pre-op fasting, well my paperwork made sure to state that something might happen to delay the surgery. I've done fasting/starvation/liquid only diets before... they suck. I did one fast for a month and it was beyond sucksville.

I'm just glad that, so far, it seems that everyone that's active here is pretty damn supportive. So, kudos to those for helping everyone else out, one day at a time...

Matt

I was on a 1200 calorie a day diet for 1 year before I was banded )INS. REQUIRED 1 YEAR SUPERVISED DIET !) That's what you call sucking !

A couple of weeks on liquid is not all that bad, I know I have done it, and I dam near ripped my surgeons head off telling him I was starving. As he chuckled. He told me to have a shake, sip on it, and you will see that it helps (NOT KILLS !) deaden your hunger. It did ! We were all put on Muscle Milk Light. To this day no matter what kind on WLS you have, your put on MML. So those of you that are starving, check with your Doc. Just don't eat anything....

When I did the 1 year diet, and he put me on a 2 week liquid diet to see if I could do it or not ( I ALREADY LOST ! 120Lbs.) So I said COME ON ! Give me a break ! He chuckled, and said O.K. you proved it with the weight loss, so stick to the same diet, and 3 days before surgery, you go to Clear Liquids.< /p>

That's how it went.

I was on a 1200 calorie a day diet for 1 year before I was banded )INS. REQUIRED 1 YEAR SUPERVISED DIET !) That's what you call sucking !

A couple of weeks on liquid is not all that bad, I know I have done it, and I dam near ripped my surgeons head off telling him I was starving. As he chuckled. He told me to have a shake, sip on it, and you will see that it helps (NOT KILLS !) deaden your hunger. It did ! We were all put on Muscle Milk Light. To this day no matter what kind on WLS you have, your put on MML. So those of you that are starving, check with your Doc. Just don't eat anything....

When I did the 1 year diet, and he put me on a 2 week liquid diet to see if I could do it or not ( I ALREADY LOST ! 120Lbs.) So I said COME ON ! Give me a break ! He chuckled, and said O.K. you proved it with the weight loss, so stick to the same diet, and 3 days before surgery, you go to clear liquids.

That's how it went.

ugh.. ok you got me on that one. I've been checking out different Proteins to find one that was good on taste, low on carbs, high on Protein and I did find that Muscle Milk had the best overall stats. I've got a mixed case of Isopure Zero Carb drinks coming in today, so I'll see how those taste soon enough. 40 grams of Protein in 20 oz 1 serving, 160 cal, no carb, no fat, no sodium etc etc etc.and it's a clear liquid.

ugh.. ok you got me on that one. I've been checking out different Proteins to find one that was good on taste, low on carbs, high on Protein and I did find that Muscle Milk had the best overall stats. I've got a mixed case of Isopure Zero Carb drinks coming in today, so I'll see how those taste soon enough. 40 grams of Protein in 20 oz 1 serving, 160 cal, no carb, no fat, no sodium etc etc etc.and it's a clear liquid.

Go to AllStarHealth.com and type in Muscle Milk Light.

These are jugs of powder. 2 scoops to a 8 oz. shake.

They are Delicious. Just don't buy there chocolate its LOUSY !

So I buy the chocolate Milk instead, and use it for shakes, and mixing other things into it.

Here are the best tasting flavors I think (I BEEN DRINKING 1 A DAY FOR 6 YEARS NOW, SO I HAVE A VAGUE IDEA ON WHAT'S GOOD.)

Shipping is $5.95 no matter what you buy 1 or 101 it's still $5.95

Check out the prices on ebay, and you will see a big difference.

Most of all,,, It's good stuff.

Chocolate Milk

Chocolate Peanut Butter

strawberry Milkshake

vanilla Creme

Cookies N Creme

drink Protein based drinks this will kill your appite good luck

Hi everyone...well I started my 3 day liquid fast yesterday and it's shear TORTURE!!!! I am starving waaaaaaa!!!!! Surgery is Monday morning at 7:45am...so excited and nervous. Am I going to be this hungry after surgery???? This sucks :( Any suggestions on how to help this nonsense...I dream of eating and the yesterday I chewed a chip and spit it out...OMG I can't beleive I just admitted that lol...Ok well thanks for listening :)

Go to AllStarHealth.com and type in Muscle Milk Light.

These are jugs of powder. 2 scoops to a 8 oz. shake.

They are Delicious. Just don't buy there chocolate its LOUSY !

So I buy the chocolate Milk instead, and use it for shakes, and mixing other things into it.

Here are the best tasting flavors I think (I BEEN DRINKING 1 A DAY FOR 6 YEARS NOW, SO I HAVE A VAGUE IDEA ON WHAT'S GOOD.)

Shipping is $5.95 no matter what you buy 1 or 101 it's still $5.95

Check out the prices on ebay, and you will see a big difference.

Most of all,,, It's good stuff.

Chocolate Milk

Chocolate Peanut Butter

strawberry Milkshake

vanilla Creme

Cookies N Creme

I used to work out when I was in the Air Force, so taste isn't too much a factor for me... The best flavor I've tried, it's not the "light" but it's Cake Batter.. a scoop of that mixed with some yogurt.. drool

Hi guys.....I am offically banded!!!! I feel like balls...the belly soreness and the gas is terrible!!!! I have been walking and sipping and chewing the gas x things!!!! I am wicked emotional too...I keep crying for no apparent reason. And I got my period today!!! I know tmi sorry fellows!!!! Ok so I don't feel hungry not like I did for those 3 days omg that was bad!!!! Ok so when do I start the Protein Shakes? ?? I am scared.....I have been taking my Vitamins? ?? I am scared I wont be able to tolerate the Protein shakes. I am a mess someone please help me on what to do first!!!!!

Take a breath and try to relax. Look over the documents the doctor's office gave you or ask a friend to help you look them over. Those documents should have up to six weeks of instructions on what to do, when to do it, what to eat, and when to eat it. Every doctor is different so you need to do what your doctor told you. A heating pad helps with the shoulder pain.

TBM

Congrats Brat!! My doc told me clears for like a week... check your paperwork, call who you need to... but the hard part is pretty much over, now just to deal with the road back!

Welcome fellow Bandsister ! I am also 10/31 Banded. Relax, and use a heating pad for the aches. Pain Meds for your pain. Your job for now is only to heal !

I'm sure you have discharge instructions, and a diet to follow. Read everything a few times, so you get familiar with it. Clear broths and Jello are usually available to you but again check your Instructions.

If they say Protein shakes, then thin them out with Water since your not hungry, and sip throughout the day. same amount of Protein just thinned out.

Go to myfitnesspal.com it's free, and sign up. You will be able to view other peoples diary and see what they are having even post op. Also check with your fellow Bandsters, that were just banded, and see what they are having. All Tips help.

Anything I can answer,,, I surely will.

Good Health to you, Shirley.

I used to work out when I was in the Air Force, so taste isn't too much a factor for me... The best flavor I've tried, it's not the "light" but it's Cake Batter.. a scoop of that mixed with some yogurt.. drool

They have it...

Same gret taste, and 1/2 the calories...

Glad to know that you know good stuff.

They have it...

Same gret taste, and 1/2 the calories...

Glad to know that you know good stuff.

Drinking my first bottle of Isopure Zero Carb RTD... and this stuff is AWESOME.

Apple Melon, great taste, only 160 cals, 40g Protein, no fat, no carbs, no sugars.

I've been sipping it for the past hour, only 10 oz in and I'm full... and I'm not banded yet!

I'm glad I bought the mixed case! I just wish it was a bit less expensive.