Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Koning?

Hello fellow Oregonians!

I am once again considering getting rebanded and have found a Dr. Koning in Bend that will do fills and aftercare, but (understandably so) will want copies of records from my last band and get this all set up before hand. I'm kind of excited about the idea. I have no problems with going back to Dr. Ortiz in TJ for my rebanding...in fact I prefer to. But aftercare is such a hassle, but so important.

Anybody heard of Dr. Koning?

Thanks.

Thanks Paula! You are such a sweetheart.

Yeah....my new appointment for rebanding is April 7th...yes the magic date.

I have gained so much weight back, but I know help is on the way!

I am planning to meet Dr. Koning on Monday at a seminar he's doing in Eugene. Then I will contact Dr. Ortiz about sending him my records. It will just feel better to have help closer to home. I can either drive to Bend (2-3 hours away) or my sister (who is a flight attendant) can get me on one of the many daily flights to Bend or Redmond for $25 so I can be there in a few minutes. That way I won't wait so long for help like I did last time.

I promise to stay more in touch this time. Thanks again.

Hello fellow Oregonians!

I am once again considering getting rebanded and have found a Dr. Koning in Bend that will do fills and aftercare, but (understandably so) will want copies of records from my last band and get this all set up before hand. I'm kind of excited about the idea. I have no problems with going back to Dr. Ortiz in TJ for my rebanding...in fact I prefer to. But aftercare is such a hassle, but so important.

Anybody heard of Dr. Koning?

Thanks.

Darcey - I'm originally from Central Oregon and have known Dr. Koning for 15+ years. I've never been to him for any medical reason but know of many who have. He has a reputation for horrible bedside manner. I'm sure that his surgical skills are fine but I don't know if bedside manner is of any importance to you. Best of luck to you. FYI - from my understanding, he does have a medical partner at his facility that also does bariatric surgeries. You may wish to check into this option as well.

Darcey~

I live in Eugene and am looking for a fill Dr. before I make the trip to Mexico. I would appreciate anymore information you have on Dr. Koning and how to reach him. I would prefer finding someone in Eugene but Bend is better than Mexico!! I haven't been banded yet but I hope to very soon.

Janelle

Hi Janelle,

I also reside in Eugene!

Dr. Koning is at Advanced Surgical Care, 2084 NE Professinal Ct. Bend, OR 97701 541-322-5753.

Hope this helps!

When are you planning to get banded? By who?

Thank you Darcey! I am going to get in touch with them soon! I am looking at having the surgery done in Tijuana at Bajanor. I am still saving up money... Hopefully I will be doing this soon though! After reading all of these postings, makes me want it even more. Why did you choose Ortiz?

Keep me posted on how things go for you! What band are you getting and why?

Hi again Janelle,

My sister did a lot of research and she went to Ortiz. I was very skeptical (she's the brave one) and it wasn't until after our mom went with her for her surgery and then I watched for 6 months before deciding it was something I had to do to save my life. I love Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez and Dr. Ortiz leaves the smallest scars I have ever seen! I've had doctors compliment how nice they look. He is also extremely caring. He gives his patients his personal cell phone number and you can call him direct at any time. I called him during his vacation when my band slipped and he was so good to me when he had to remove it (it had slipped way down on my stomach).

Last I knew Dr. Ortiz only used the Inamed band which as I understand it is the only band used or allowed in the U.S...unless that has changed. Dr. Ortiz is a dual-citizen of U.S. and Mexico.

I am really looking forward to being rebanded. I love the control it gave me. Took away a lot of my appetite or at least my brain type.

Take care. Talk to you soon.

Darcey

Darcey,

The doctor I went to is in Coos Bay, Dr Steven Tersigni I don't know if he will do your after care you might give him a call.

Nettie

Greeting all here,

We live in Bend and are still deciding on a MX doc. We went to a info meeting at Advanced Surgery Center here in Bend just a week or so ago. They do want you to jump through alot of hoops, plus pay a $350 "fee" to join. Fills are $250, so first appt/fill is $600. Surgery here in Bend, 30-35k. yikes!! Dr Archer held the meeting. He seemed ok. Said they have done about 300 surgerys so far.

Still wanting to keep my options open on a fill doc so I'd be interested how it goes for the folks here in this thread.

chris

That's a very expensive surgery for a place like Bend, Oregon to be charging. Where do they think they are...New York City? If you want to travel to Boise a deal can always be made with Dr. Anderson's office (if you are paying cash) for about $3000.00 under what he normally charges. Personally, he didn't have the experience I wanted, but I really haven't heard of anyone with any complaints. I've heard his price can be as low as $15,000 if you talk with his secretary and it is cash up front. You might want to give that a try and follow up in Bend.

beats me but I'm sure about the cost because they broke it down for me. 15k is better but still 2x the MX docs so I think it's off to MX we go, soon. My wife is chomping at the bit...