Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BEST tasting protein shake?

So funny how taste is subjective. I look forward to my Isopure shake every morning. I switch it up between the vanilla isopure, jay Robb chocolate, EAS, or muscle milk. Like all and add a packet of Splenda , Ice and blend sooo yummy!

I have an issue with sweet stuff too- and of course most of the Protein drinks taste sickly sweet to me!

I bought a 2lb tub of Jarrow's Unflavored whey Protein (at Amazon) in order to blend it with Soups like Tomato, creamy chicken, plain yogurt, etc.

So far I've used it in creamy chicken Cup 'O Soup and it only made the Soup creamier- it didn't have any taste that I could detect whatsoever!

Today I'll be having a scoop of it (18g protein) in a can of Tomato Soup. I hope that works as well.

I chose Jarrow's because the reviews said it blended really well with hot and cold foods, and it does. I will say though, you have to mix it like you were making gravy or a roux- start with a small amount of the hot liquid, then whisk in (I'm at work so I used a plastic fork and it worked fine) the powder until smooth, then add in the rest of the hot liquid slowly as you stir. If you don't do it this way you will end up with chunky bits floating on top- so gross!

Thank you for this! I am in LOVE with the "Ohyeah" chocolate flavor, I thought Cookies and cream was gross but still without your post I wouldnt of tried them, kinda expensive but SOOOOO worth it. Its like chocolate milk!!

I like the "Oh Yeah" brand, Cookies and Cream flavor. It actually is pretty good. Most days I do the EAS carb control, but the taste is so much better for the Oh Yeah's..

I will be having surgery in the next 2-3 weeks. Isopure is what my surgeon's office recommended for phase 1, right after surgery. What other clear liquid Protein drink do you recommend?

Definitely, absolutely, NOT Isopure, Zero Carb, 40g of Protein. The initial taste brings familiarity of Otter Pops, the aftertaste, I cannot begin to describe how awful it is. As I'm typing, I'm gagging.

my favorites are Atkins (for on the go) and Jay Robb. You can get a huge can of Jay Robb for $25 at Vitamin Shoppe, and the chocolate is DELICIOUS! (they also have sample packs)

Isopure tastes like vomit. Seriously, vomit. I use GNC Total Lean and have found it the best. The strawberry one is positively the best strawberry ready made shake I've tried. In a pinch, I get the EAS Carb Control or Atkins Advantage. I try to catch GNC when they are having a buy one, get one 50% off sale along with free shipping and get a bunch ordered online. It's easier than shlepping a huge back of shakes from the store. I wish they came out with another flavor though.

Personally I like the Isopure...I found you can add Water to them and that improves the flavor plus it ups your liquids...Sometimes the smell when I opened them would bother me but since my nasal surgery that's no longer an issue...Sorry you had that reaction...it's a decent product. Good luck... Linda

I have taken coffee...added Bariactric Advantage chocolate powder along with sugar free vanilla Syrup - Mix it with my hand blender...Ohhhh - it tastes so good! BTW - I do this with cold coffee...it's breakfast!

ok- here's one i haven't seen mentioned yet that i just tried and would recommend. it's called nutrilite Protein powder (it's an amway product). it's unflavored and it doesn't smell vitamin-ey, it smells sort of nutty. it's a soy based Protein. i mixed it with a cup of milk and some chocolate milk mix (nestle quick). i just tried half a scoop, but it was not gritty and i couldn't really taste it- it just made my milk smell a little nutty and made it creamier...though that could have also been from mixing it in the blender. my coworker mixed some in with her apple juice and she said it was sort of like having applesauce. i can't vouch for how well it works in hot foods, but i'll give it a try and let you know how it goes. given the nuttiness, i feel like it would be good mixed in with something that has cinnamon!

1 scoop (which i think is ~1.5 to 2 tbsp)

calories: 45

fat: 1g

protein: 10g

can you get products from the Oh Yeah line at GNC? I also came across a Protein supplement from protica.com called Profect. You can get it in 3oz vials in several flavors in 25gm or 50gm vials.. easy way to get in your required Protein. According to my nutritionist i need 100gms daily.

I like the "Oh Yeah" brand, Cookies and Cream flavor. It actually is pretty good. Most days I do the EAS carb control, but the taste is so much better for the Oh Yeah's..

can you get products from the Oh Yeah line at GNC? I also came across a Protein supplement from protica.com called Profect. You can get it in 3oz vials in several flavors in 25gm or 50gm vials.. easy way to get in your required Protein. According to my nutritionist i need 100gms daily.

Different stores carry different things - we have smaller stores here so there is not a lot of any one line...GNC. As far as the Profect - they are usually strong flavored so I mix them with Water to dilute them...I even mixed them with juice and Water and froze them during the summer - as ice pops...loved them! Tried one straight and thought I'd die from the overwhelming flavor and sweetness...good luck.

just to update, the nutrilite Protein Powder COMPLETELY dissolves in hot liquids. i poured some boiling Water into a bowl and put a spoonful in and stirred a little and it made the water sort of thick and cloudy with almost no taste but the powder was gone. i think this is going to work well in oatmeal and Soups for me! :P

I like the GNC Pro-Performance AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 in chocolate and Cookies and cream. I mix them with non-sweetened vanilla almond milk (only 2 carbs per 8 oz serving!!!) and they taste great.