Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long did you wait for approval??

So, tomorrow morning is MY LAST VISIT for the 6months of supervised doctors visits and then they will be able to submit my case for insurance approval! IM SO EXCITED!!! (hopefully I get approved) How long did you have to wait once you completed everything needed?? I have BCBS IL. And, did you get denied first and have to go through an appeal??? What was your experience with this time?? I'm ready to have this surgery....yesterday! :lol:

I started my journey on August 19th when I attended a seminar. I have Anthem BCBS n I wansn't required to do a pre-diet. I did all my lab work, ekg, upper gi, psych eval, nutritionist visit, n got surgery clearance all done in the last few weeks. The nurse at my surgeons office submitted my info to insurance this past Tuesday Sept 13th. I got approved two days later Thursday Sept 15th around 2p. Ive been so excited. Haven't really slept any. Im waiting on my job to approve my time off request. Hopefully ill be having surgery Oct 14th. Well good luck on everything. I hope your approval is as swiftly as mines.

ThanksFor your response and congrats on yor quick approval! I haven't been sleeping well either. Ill let ya know how fast/slow this goes. Anyone else have something to share?

ThanksFor your response and congrats on yor quick approval! I haven't been sleeping well either. Ill let ya know how fast/slow this goes. Anyone else have something to share?

I just completed my 6mo diet for BCBS of Alabama. Now I'm waiting patiently...I'm hoping it's quick. I'm so excited as well...and trying not to think about the time. Just waiting for a good news letter or phone call!

Good luck to you and keep us posted!

:lol:If we can just all think very positive and send all that energy to the ins agents!!! right?? Prayer - hope -and faith will get yas there, remind me after OCT- 6th,,, when My paper work goes in!

I don't blame you for being excited!

My insurance is Blue Cross Anthem. I had my surgery consult on June 6 and was approved on June 19. I had surgery July 28. I am so glad I finally took this big step forward!

Hello Healthychange... That's wonderful!!! So how has your journey been going? I am so glad our insurance didnt require all that 6month stuff. I could have had surgery any day 10days after my approval on Sept 15th but I had to get time off approved from work, so I went with October 14th. Im going to be getting things in order around the house. I have to get my grocery list together for pre-op n post-op diet. 24days n counting... So excited!!!

I don't blame you for being excited!

My insurance is Blue Cross Anthem. I had my surgery consult on June 6 and was approved on June 19. I had surgery July 28. I am so glad I finally took this big step forward!

I started my journey on August 19th when I attended a seminar. I have Anthem BCBS n I wansn't required to do a pre-diet. I did all my lab work, ekg, upper gi, psych eval, nutritionist visit, n got surgery clearance all done in the last few weeks. The nurse at my surgeons office submitted my info to insurance this past Tuesday Sept 13th. I got approved two days later Thursday Sept 15th around 2p. Ive been so excited. Haven't really slept any. Im waiting on my job to approve my time off request. Hopefully ill be having surgery Oct 14th. Well good luck on everything. I hope your approval is as swiftly as mines.

Hi there. I was reading your post and I was wondering have you received your approval? I finished my 6 months of dieting on Friday, September 25 and I know how you feel. I am so excited and do not know what to do. The doctors office submitted my paper work before 11am on Friday and they said that I could be in surgery by this upcoming Friday. I am so hoping that approval is that quick and I have surgery this Friday. That would truly put an end to the anxiety that I am currently having. I hope that all goes well for you and that you are banded fairly quickly. I have BCBS of AL (PEEHIP).

I'm still waiting!!!!!! :( Anyone else???

Also, how do they let you know if you were denied???

Well after a full week of anticipation I discovered that my paperwork was not even submitted to insurance. Apparently my center's former psychologist did not complete my paperwork for the eval, so I needed to go through another eval with the new psychologist. I'm hoping that my paperwork will finally be submitted in a few days. Then the real waiting begins!

i have federal bcbs and i was approved in less than 24hrs im schduled for surgery on 11th

Hi, I was wondering if you had heard from bcbs of illinois. they surely would send you a letter. have you thought about calling your insurance and asking them if they received all your information, they possibly may say yes your approved. Never know. :) I go for my psych eval tomorrow and then my paper work should be submitted to BCBS of Illinois on the 6th hopefully. Hopefully it doesn't take a long time. kudos

I found or today that I was approved!!!!!!! Yay! Surgery is 10/27 and im stupid excited!! :) good luck to all of you still waiting.

I found or today that I was approved!!!!!!! Yay! Surgery is 10/27 and im stupid excited!! :) good luck to all of you still waiting.

oh awesome! i'm so happy for you!!!!

My dr's office submitted insurance paperwork on Tuesday and I got a call this morning saying I was approved!

BCBS of Maryland