Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Some Weight Loss Buddies!!!

Banded 8/17 and I thought it was going to be the beginning of my new life....shelled out $13,000 and not a whole lot has changed. I suck at eating and excercising. Ugh I walk my oldest to school 4 days a week (about 1 mile) and I know I need to kick it up quite a few notches. I got my first fill last week (3cc in a 14cc band) and was so excited when the scale finally said 180 (lost 2lbs)...but this morning I was back up a pound and a half and I know exactly where I messed up.... Hand filled with food to mouth too many times.

(maybe I should have gotten my jaw wired shut until I got the famous 'restriction' feeling)

I'm on the myfitnesspal and tried to figure out a way to be 'friends' but it took to long to figure out then my babies started crying and I got distracted. :P

So I'm hoping to get back and get another fill because I can stuff my face till I want to puke (but havent) and because I have such poor self control on some days, that is dangerous :(

At least you are a step ahead of me and have gotten in some good sweaty exercising!

Banded 8/17 and I thought it was going to be the beginning of my new life....shelled out $13,000 and not a whole lot has changed. I suck at eating and excercising. Ugh I walk my oldest to school 4 days a week (about 1 mile) and I know I need to kick it up quite a few notches. I got my first fill last week (3cc in a 14cc band) and was so excited when the scale finally said 180 (lost 2lbs)...but this morning I was back up a pound and a half and I know exactly where I messed up.... Hand filled with food to mouth too many times.

(maybe I should have gotten my jaw wired shut until I got the famous 'restriction' feeling)

I'm on the myfitnesspal and tried to figure out a way to be 'friends' but it took to long to figure out then my babies started crying and I got distracted. :P

So I'm hoping to get back and get another fill because I can stuff my face till I want to puke (but havent) and because I have such poor self control on some days, that is dangerous :(

At least you are a step ahead of me and have gotten in some good sweaty exercising!

Ok! Found ya on myfitnesspal! :P

What I love about myfitnesspal is that it has an free app for my android, i bet they have it for iphone too. It makes it easier to track when I am at work or out, I don't have to remember exactly everything that went in during the course of a 12 hr busy shift. I'm under kelleramanda7

Bertie-Yay for no ice cream or bread. It really is so hard. I have had to have a few stuck episodes with bread to finally give it up lol. How are you feeling? Are you over the horrible gas pains yet?

Jessica-I am so glad you found my on myfitnesspal. It really is awesome. I logged my food for the first time last Thursday and I was even being good that day... It made me realize how much junk I could cut out of my diet. You should give me some ideas of what you eat, I see that you are usually under your caloric goals every day.

Martha-Yay, I am glad to be your first friend!! I look forward to sharing ideas and lending support to each other. I know I need all the help and encouragement I can get =-)

Jennifer-I could eat donuts all day long. They are the devil for sure. I looked at your diary and you did great the rest of the day so it's ok. Just try to do your best. food is happiness to me and sometime I can't say no to happiness. I am just trying to replace it with something more healthy.

Vickie-I don't see you on myfitnesspal. Did you friend me? I am jersgirl060606 on there too. I love your post. It is so true about the horrible sabotage we put ourselves through. I will look at the scale and see I have lost weight and I automatically think about what I can eat now for my prize. So ridiculous. I love logging my food and exercise though. It is such a huge help to me. Way different somehow than weight watchers to me for some reason. My next fill is in a week from Friday. I hope that I feel some kind of restriction. I have had two terrible stuck episodes in the past few days eating small bites and chewing a ton. I am excited to feel some satisfaction at some point.

Tammy-I hear ya girl, I am full of excuses too. Do you have Fluid in your band now? Can you eat huge meals or do you graze all day. I have a problem with both I think. I do have to eat a lot slower now which makes me think more about what I am eating. As far as exercise, I was reading my lapband materials I got from my surgeon a couple of weeks ago about the lapband "rules" and just said to myself, enough!! I can take 20 minutes out of my hectic day for me. I decided to set my alarm for 40 minutes earlier than usual, drink a cup of coffee and work out as hard as I can for as long as I can every day. In 2 weeks, I have gone from 15 minutes of low impact to 45 minutes of full throttle cardio workouts every day. I am so proud of myself and it makes me want to do it again the next day. I am not accountable to anyone but myself and that has made a huge change for me. I am glad to lend an ear anytime. Thank you for your support as well.

us plus 3-I know, it is crazy the delusions I had about this wonderful surgery that was going to make my life so much better. It sucks right now. I just keep reading everyone's posts and thinking to myself I am not the only one on here that has a problem with food! What is my deal geez!! I keep beating myself up because it seems like the majority of the people on here have success with the band. It is going to take time and effort and I am way impatient. How old is your baby? I have a 15 week old son and I am over the moon in love with him. I also have 12 and 8 year old girls that are both so amazing. I work full time and miss them so much. BTW, I can't wait to be 180 lbs!! I told myself I have to lose 25 pounds before I can buy a shred of new clothes after having my baby. I still have 20 more to go. I am sick of maternity clothes!!

readytolosemomof5-I will look you up for sure. I just added the app to my android. It is a great tool. Thanks for the tip.

Trust me ! It will get better....

Protein helps kill Hunger... Try to remember that.

A Lot of it is up to you, and I know it sucks !

Make your Protein shakes a little thicker by adding less Water. That helps.

Cut your Water in 1/2, and mix your Protein in to that, then put it in the freezer for a little while, or fridge, and you have a pudding. Same amount of protein.

Turkey Burgers with low Fat Thousand Island Dressing on it is great ! That's what BIG BOY RESTAURANT uses, add onion Tomato, lettuce. but no bread. Roast a chicken, and make chicken spread out of it. There are a lot of things to have.

Go back in time and view my Diary.

I love good BBQ also... A little carb. is a kicker for the protein, so don't rule it all out.

At 1200 calories a day,,,, well,,,, you will not starve to death if you eat smart, and count those calories.

Hope this helps some.

Shirley.

Also, I love Jimmy Johns's lettuce wrap sandwiches. I don't know if you have one close by but it's a great alternative to a sandwich. The veggie one is so good! I would have NEVER tried it on my own but I was on jury duty and we were going late into deliberation. We hadn't eaten since lunch and the court house said they'd buy us dinner from there because they deliver. I was clueless what to order from a sandwich place! I'd told the other jurors aobut my lapband because I was girlgeling like no other that day in my throat and it was super quiet in there! One lady suggested that i try it and it was devine! I think we all have to learn about bread the hard way! It's so good and WAS a staple in my life. There's nothing good that can come from it now though. Beware of trying to force food down that you know will come back up. That is why I'm unfilled right now! If you throw up very often, which I wasn't, it will swell up your pouch and you'll have to go through the expense and wait of getting it unfilled for a great amount ot time to get the swelling back down. This is why I will now be traveling 3 hours to a doctor who only fills under fluro instead of the physician's assistant that I have been seeing who is only an hour away! I never dreamt that I could enjoy a support group so much but I have loved this! It's hard to find people who you can relate to in our own immediate circles!

Shirley are we friends on myfitnesspal. I would love to check out your food diary.

Trust me ! It will get better....

Protein helps kill Hunger... Try to remember that.

A Lot of it is up to you, and I know it sucks !

Make your Protein shakes a little thicker by adding less Water. That helps.

Cut your Water in 1/2, and mix your Protein in to that, then put it in the freezer for a little while, or fridge, and you have a pudding. Same amount of protein.

Turkey Burgers with low Fat Thousand Island Dressing on it is great ! That's what BIG BOY RESTAURANT uses, add onion Tomato, lettuce. but no bread. Roast a chicken, and make chicken spread out of it. There are a lot of things to have.

Go back in time and view my Diary.

I love good BBQ also... A little carb. is a kicker for the protein, so don't rule it all out.

At 1200 calories a day,,,, well,,,, you will not starve to death if you eat smart, and count those calories.

Hope this helps some.

Shirley.

I will try one, there is a Jimmy Johns right by my work. So did you find them guilty? I think jury duty would be interesting. I have never been called. I know what you mean though, finding support from all my skinny little friends is laughable.

Also, I love Jimmy Johns's lettuce wrap sandwiches. I don't know if you have one close by but it's a great alternative to a sandwich. The veggie one is so good! I would have NEVER tried it on my own but I was on jury duty and we were going late into deliberation. We hadn't eaten since lunch and the court house said they'd buy us dinner from there because they deliver. I was clueless what to order from a sandwich place! I'd told the other jurors aobut my lapband because I was girlgeling like no other that day in my throat and it was super quiet in there! One lady suggested that i try it and it was devine! I think we all have to learn about bread the hard way! It's so good and WAS a staple in my life. There's nothing good that can come from it now though. Beware of trying to force food down that you know will come back up. That is why I'm unfilled right now! If you throw up very often, which I wasn't, it will swell up your pouch and you'll have to go through the expense and wait of getting it unfilled for a great amount ot time to get the swelling back down. This is why I will now be traveling 3 hours to a doctor who only fills under fluro instead of the physician's assistant that I have been seeing who is only an hour away! I never dreamt that I could enjoy a support group so much but I have loved this! It's hard to find people who you can relate to in our own immediate circles!

He was guilty! Did I see somewhere that you live in Utah? There's always skinny little babes down there! It is known for its' high level of plastic surgery! Who can compete with that?!!! I live in Idaho Falls and will actually be traveling to SLC from now on for my fills with a Dr. Muse with Fill Centers USA. Small old world!

Janette - Where in Jersey are you from? I live in north jersey now, but grew up further south. I think you should be able to look at my food diarys just by clicking on the status that says I have it completed. This only works on the actual computer. I don't always eat the best foods, but it's working for me right now and I am losing weight.

Bertie-Yay for no ice cream or bread. It really is so hard. I have had to have a few stuck episodes with bread to finally give it up lol. How are you feeling? Are you over the horrible gas pains yet?

Jessica-I am so glad you found my on myfitnesspal. It really is awesome. I logged my food for the first time last Thursday and I was even being good that day... It made me realize how much junk I could cut out of my diet. You should give me some ideas of what you eat, I see that you are usually under your caloric goals every day.

Martha-Yay, I am glad to be your first friend!! I look forward to sharing ideas and lending support to each other. I know I need all the help and encouragement I can get =-)

Jennifer-I could eat donuts all day long. They are the devil for sure. I looked at your diary and you did great the rest of the day so it's ok. Just try to do your best. Food is happiness to me and sometime I can't say no to happiness. I am just trying to replace it with something more healthy.

Vickie-I don't see you on myfitnesspal. Did you friend me? I am jersgirl060606 on there too. I love your post. It is so true about the horrible sabotage we put ourselves through. I will look at the scale and see I have lost weight and I automatically think about what I can eat now for my prize. So ridiculous. I love logging my food and exercise though. It is such a huge help to me. Way different somehow than weight watchers to me for some reason. My next fill is in a week from Friday. I hope that I feel some kind of restriction. I have had two terrible stuck episodes in the past few days eating small bites and chewing a ton. I am excited to feel some satisfaction at some point.

Tammy-I hear ya girl, I am full of excuses too. Do you have Fluid in your band now? Can you eat huge meals or do you graze all day. I have a problem with both I think. I do have to eat a lot slower now which makes me think more about what I am eating. As far as exercise, I was reading my lapband materials I got from my surgeon a couple of weeks ago about the lapband "rules" and just said to myself, enough!! I can take 20 minutes out of my hectic day for me. I decided to set my alarm for 40 minutes earlier than usual, drink a cup of coffee and work out as hard as I can for as long as I can every day. In 2 weeks, I have gone from 15 minutes of low impact to 45 minutes of full throttle cardio workouts every day. I am so proud of myself and it makes me want to do it again the next day. I am not accountable to anyone but myself and that has made a huge change for me. I am glad to lend an ear anytime. Thank you for your support as well.

us plus 3-I know, it is crazy the delusions I had about this wonderful surgery that was going to make my life so much better. It sucks right now. I just keep reading everyone's posts and thinking to myself I am not the only one on here that has a problem with food! What is my deal geez!! I keep beating myself up because it seems like the majority of the people on here have success with the band. It is going to take time and effort and I am way impatient. How old is your baby? I have a 15 week old son and I am over the moon in love with him. I also have 12 and 8 year old girls that are both so amazing. I work full time and miss them so much. BTW, I can't wait to be 180 lbs!! I told myself I have to lose 25 pounds before I can buy a shred of new clothes after having my baby. I still have 20 more to go. I am sick of maternity clothes!!

readytolosemomof5-I will look you up for sure. I just added the app to my android. It is a great tool. Thanks for the tip.

I do live in Utah. My doc is in Salt Lake and I really like him. You should call him, I think they do fills/unfills for $300 per year instead of $300 per procedure. There are a ton of skinny little ladies with huge boobs and botox in their faces. Not that I am not totally down to get some enhancements some day lol =-) It is a small world.

He was guilty! Did I see somewhere that you live in Utah? There's always skinny little babes down there! It is known for its' high level of plastic surgery! Who can compete with that?!!! I live in Idaho Falls and will actually be traveling to SLC from now on for my fills with a Dr. Muse with Fill Centers USA. Small old world!

I am actually from Utah. My husbands name is Jeremy so it is Jer's girl. We were married on 06/06/06 hence jersgirl060606 =-) I think you have to go into your setting for your diary and allow your friends to see it before I can review it. I will try to look at your status.

Janette - Where in Jersey are you from? I live in north jersey now, but grew up further south. I think you should be able to look at my food diarys just by clicking on the status that says I have it completed. This only works on the actual computer. I don't always eat the best foods, but it's working for me right now and I am losing weight.