Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will I get a fill if I've lost my 2 lbs. a week?

Well, like I said I've only had one tiny fill 0.75 cc. And no it wasn't a bad experience. In fact it didn't do much of anything post the first week and a half I maybe felt something. I've never had any band related issues no pb, no stuck, no slime. I don't care too. I've just decided I'd rather do this on my own. I've developed a different mindset than pre op. Do I still have some issues if there's junk like chips orchocolate out at work, yes, but the band won't help with that anyways. I kind of wish I'd gotten this mindset pre band.

Alsoone reason I declined is that I already can't eat Breakfast anymore which I am kind ofannoyed about. Had a Protein Drink this am. Also I'm trying this new thing where I'm eating a bit more to lose weight and as of right now I'm having trouble with that, so if I got a fill it'd be even harder.

According to your ticker, you are doing an amazing job! I was banded 4/12/2011 and I am down to about 43 pounds. My doctor say that I am doing great and actually I am ahead of schedule with the weight loss. Remember slow and steady wins the race. I remember feeling the same as you back in June. I just had my first fill today in spite of my consistent weight loss, because my portions seemed to be increasing.

Thanks for all of your comments. I eat a lot of Protein everyday, usually between 80 and 100g, and I drink plain Water, because I do like water-always have, 64- 100 ozs daily. I can't have oatmeal and all those yummy good carbs because my doc is on a mission to rid me of my very serious diabetes. I only get carbs from dairy, fruits, and veggies. And yes I do eat the Dannon Greek yogurt-I love it! My exercise routine, lap swimming, has ceased with the start of school. I need to get back in the groove. I come home absolutely exhausted after wrangling 20 eight year olds all day!!! LOL I think some of my major hunger in the past couple of weeks could be due to STRESS. I'll keep all of your comments and advice in mind as I move forward. Thanks!:rolleyes:

I have had one fill. At that appointment I had lost four pounds during my 2-6 week post op period. I was quite disappointed in this after reading so many posts of much greater loss on this forum. My doc said I shouldn't be losing anymore than this and to be patient. After lots of tears on my part, and hand holding on his part he gave my empty band a 4cc fill. I do not have any restriction but I am a very determined 54 yr old last chance kind of a gal. I've been consuming between 600 and 900 cal a day, with Protein being very high and very very low carb. Here's the deal.....I've lost eight lbs over the last four weeks and my fill appointment is This week. I'm concerned he will think I'm doing fine and not want to give me a fill. This diet has been all me! I am hungry many times a day, I never feel full or satisfied, and I gulp Water like crazy to keep from eating. Any comments are welcome!

I didn't get 'real' restriction until 7cc's. I made good choices before that just because I wanted to be compliant. I did have some, but @ 7cc's I realized the difference. 4cc wouldn't do it for me. I always had weight loss and my Dr. Still gave me fills because most patients go up to 7 or 8cc's eventually. I have an 11cc realize band & 8cc's is feeling great for me. Keep up the protein and you won't be as hungry. I still drink Protein Shakes along with food. Good luck!

It's true, all doctors are different. My doctor's theory (did I mention I LOVE my doctor?) is "You know your body better than I do." If I want a fill I get a fill...and HE asks ME how much? When I tell him, he sometimes questions me or even argues with me. Sometimes we compromise but I always have the final say! This is not something new...he's been that way since day one! Once, early on, I went for a fill and had lost 10 pounds that month. He gave it to me and said, "When you come back next month if you've lost that much again I'm not going to give you a fill." I laughed and said, "Yea, we'll see!" I came back the next month having lost 8 and he gave me a fill!

Relate to your comments. My Dr is the same. Its been a team effort since I got banded. Its been great getting fills that I know I've needed. Love my Dr too! :)