Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weight loss/food intake fill

Sooo... Here;s my story in a nutshell: was banded on August 19th. Went through a 12-day pre-op liquid diet and lost about 12 lbs. Then, betweeen my actual surgery and the 2 week post-op visit, I lost about another 10 lbs. My doctor had me on a 5 week post-op diet -- but let me fudge a little, Which meant: 1 week Clear liquids, 1 week "full" liquids - but then it went to 5 days instead of 7 - next phase was pureed foods, next stage was "soft" foods, next stage was food. I went for my follow-up visit about 12 days post-op (on full liquid at that point), and had lost a total of 22 lbs. Both my doctor & the PA made it very clear that the upcoming weeks would be the hardest; I would most likely not lose - probably would gain.

OK. Phase 2: I was on vacation for the last week, I haven't really felt restriction from the start. So, I tested a new food each day "flatbread", Deli turkey or ham, moist chicken breast, lettuce... Guess what? It all went down fine! Granted, I ate a lot less than I usually have in the past, but nothing riculous. Also ate a Healthy Choice Pasta dish and Perogies... no problem... Then I got home. 8 days of "eating" outside the home. Had cocktails (usually some vodka & Water w? Crystal Lite). Thought I would have gained... but I DIDN'T!! I kept my calories - even with a cocktail - under 800, and my fat under 30 grams. So, I fgeel good about it...

So my point is... I'm going with the "eat what you want as long as it is low-calorie and not crazy fat." A nd I mean ANYTHING!

But.... getting my first fill/adjustment tomorrow and scared. I want it, but am nervous... Should I want great "restriction" or should I really eat "anything"? I think so... but not sure... Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks!!

Kell

I had surgery May 23rd and do not have a fill. I don't have a lot of restriction and I could eat as much as I wanted if I let myself. But if I stick to my right portions and follow the instructions, then I am not hungry in between meals, which is what I want. I eat 1100-1200 calories a day. I dont ever get "full", but I am satisfied. I've never been stuck, I've never thrown up. (Which makes me very happy) I saw my surgeon 2 weeks ago and together we decided on no fill because right now things seem to be working. I'm losing weight consistently and do not get hungry.

That doesn't mean that sometimes I dont crave food or that I dont want to use food in the destructive ways I used to. I have "head hunger" all the time. It is as much a mental game as it is a physical one. But without the physical hunger, I am able to talk myself out of the mental stuff.

I'm plan on getting a fill when one of 2 things happens...

1) I start getting physically hungry in between meals

2) If I start eating larger and larger amounts of food or start binging (had problems with binging for many, many years)

Check out this article...it talks about restriction vs satiety. Its not about restriction

I had weight loss surgery 2 months ago. Between this period i have lost 20 kg weight. Currently my weight is 130 kg. I have consulted my surgeon in california about my hunger and he has decided to add new fill to control my hunger.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches