Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to succeed I have to believe that I can. Excited for my first fill.

I was banded on July 21st. I did not do a pre-op diet. I lost 3 pounds on my own prior to surgery. Since my surgery I have lost a total of 7 lbs. I have the smallest lapband and my surgeon took out the pre filled Fluid that comes in the band so it is completely empty. I can and have been eating everything and anything that I could eat before my surgery. I do get full sooner but am eating like I did before my surgery minus any carbonation. I don't eat bread but everything else is going down the hatch. I feel like a complete failure. Everyone seems to be eating like 800-1000 calories per day and doing fine and I feel like I am starving all the time. If I wanted to go on yet another starvation diet, I would have done so without paying 11,500 out of pocket. I realize I need to work with the band and take control of my own destiny. It is just difficult when I feel the same as I did before not to fall in to the same traps I did before. I am hoping to feel different after my first fill on 8/26. I feel so alone like I am the only one who did not wake up from surgery and feel like a different person. WTF is my problem. Thanks for listening to my self pitty. Just really don't know who else to vent to. My husband has my back totally and would never tell me that I am messing up even if I gained 50 lbs.

Oh no, girly, you are not alone! I didn't feel much different after surgery, just like you. Try not to freak, as when you start getting fills this will get better :) . You are not a failure, I think its great you haven't gained since surgery. Give yourself a break. Wait til you get to your green zone, then you will start seeing results. I'm right there with you, can eat anything I want, only smaller portions. And I HATE it. But, it is what it is. And I try to make the right decisions so that I can lose. I have only lost 8 lbs since surgery 2 months ago, so I know how you feel. Hang in there. It will get easier, just do THE BEST you can to eat right and make sure you're feeding body hunger and not head hunger.

It's been some time, but I don't think I felt any different; but I had committed to smaller meals after my seminar. I got out my bread plates, and just worked at eating less of better foods. I cut sugar and I was off and running. Then I had a 2 week liver shrink diet and it was almost more than I had been eating! 4oz of deli meat seemed huge. I am over 3 yrs out, had a fill last week taking me to 5.5 cc. NO RESTRICTION! I have never really felt any. I eat the wrong thing, or to fast or a forkful to much and it's a problem. I have only recently learned that the Water intake is really important. It flushes your system as well as keeps you feeling full longer. You really do need to eat the Protein first, or do 2 bites of protein to 1 of the other food. SLOW DOWN, it really helps you to know when you are satisfied. I refuse to be a "cal counter", that's why I went with the band. I have been slipping, found a chocolate cake that is to available to me; but I have set that aside and working at it again. I hope to be down another 15lbs, or a comfortable size 10 by the time my new grand baby gets here mid-Dec. Good Luck.

You are definitely not alone. The band works different for everyone and I really wanted to be one of those people who felt restriction just from them putting the band in....that didn't happen lol. I can eat anything, I do get fuller faster but I can still eat 2 slices of pizza if that's what I want to eat. I try to make good food choices most of the time, I have good days and bad days. I have had one fill and am scheduled for another at the end of this month. I make sure I work out at least 5 days a week, I walk or do strength training. I get hungry in between meals so I try to snack on decent food like string cheese or drink more Water. My doctor says to be patient and do the right thing and it will come. I use this time to work on making good food choices and determining my week points, moments etc. I track everything I eat on myfitnesspal.com. Yesterday I went to the movies and had popcorn and m-n-m's....no my best choice lol. I do my best not to get discouraged and fall back into my old eating patterns though. When I have a bad day like yesterday, tracking it and looking at the choices I made reminds me that the band isn't around my mouth or my brain...so I have to put my effort in too.

Not sure if that's helpful or not but just know you aren't the only one that struggles and we are all here for support!!

Good luck :)

Oh girl, I am not even planning on feeling different until after my first fill! I didn't get any Fluid in the band to start off with. How on earth can you feel like a failure!? You haven't even STARTED!

I am on two weeks of liquid and I feel like i'm going to die. I am so hungry all the time! Protein, Water, tea, pudding, Soup, Jello, blah blah blah. I'm OVER it, lol. I have until Thursday before I can have pureed foods so i'm anxiously awaiting that. I have lost a few lbs since surgery, 10 days ago, but I don't even care. I would give it back in order to have some damn broccoli or something! I don't considered myself "banded" until I start getting filled and being able to eat the way it's intended. Meaning, solid food, Protein, being satisfied for four hours, etc.