Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February's Chat

Good Afternoon Y'all!

What a beautiful day! I had some puter work to get done and I had that done around noon, then I ran some errands. When I got home it was so pretty I went for a walk!:target: :clap2: :clap2: I just finished eating my lunch and now I am going outside to do some more cleanup stuff. I actually got a little red in the face from the sun yesterday!

My son called last night, the GD's wanted to talk to GMa! They are so cute! The oldest will be 5 in 17 days (she reminded me) and she will talk your head off! I must have talked to her for half an hour. The other one is 3 and she talks a little while but can't sit still more than 5 minutes!:crazy: They are so precious! It just made my evening. I haven't seen them for about 2 years, so I do miss them. They use to live here but moved back up north. They were both born here.

Beanie - I learned the hard way too, I only plant stuff that comes back every year except for just a few things that bloom to put around the pool. Every year I spent a fortune buying all these pretty plants, and then with the summer heat it didn't take long for them to die away. I like them there ones that come up ever spring/summer!:tape2: :mad2: :sad: (do I sound like a Texan)

Cindy - Enjoy your time away! Nothing better to refresh yourself than a little R&R alone!

Eileen - Hope you aren't working too hard!

Dianne - What a precious puppy!

Patty - Call and pester them! If you don't your stuff will probably sit on someones desk till it gets lost and then you will have to send it again!

Hello to all the rest of you, I am going to get off here and go outside before it gets too late!

Hey Folks,

Another glorious day.... tomorrow is Friday - and then I will have the weekend to be anxious about my surgery. I am so horrible at waiting... and the closer I get to the day, the harder it is. I just want it to be RIGHT NOW so I can move on.... (besides, I am ready for a week off!)

Patty - did ya do anything new or different with the hair? Honestly, I would say you should call your insurance company. Even if their days aren't up yet - they will at least know that you care enough to harass them... Besides - MY insurance company claimed they didn't get the request, the first time... the doc had to resend it. Be sure they actually HAVE your request - and hear what they have to say about when the answer is due. It will make you feel better, I swear. Have a good time with your friend. :]

Eileenie - not much happening here - although I did send pictures of the NJ visit - FINALLY. I am such a spazz... I kept forgetting. How is Boss Man since the review? Has he been treating you any better since you wept all over his desk? Or is he the same ol' creep he was before?

Dianne - A Puppy! Such fun! I am going to have to check out the picture and offer name suggestions. I have always been fond of Chloe, myself.

Betty - Kudos on the walking. If you are going to start hanging around outside, we will need to get you some qualify sunscreen! Have to watch that solar radiation! And aren't the grandbabies fun? It's about time for mine to come down for a visit - that's for sure.

Well, in lieu of sitting around having anxiety attacks, or craving bread, I think I will get home and go to the gym with DH. I may as well get maximum burn out of my current low carb existence.

Love you guys!!

Irene

Hi, everyone! The wifi works great! I can hardly believe it! My roomie is out having a beer, and I am up here in my room, blessed alone time! We had a nice dinner at La Fogata...I had tortilla Soup, and it was great! Then our principal took us to the mall and we "shopped" without spending money, just looking around. When it was beer time, I begged off and cam up here to play with you guys!

Tomorrow we have lots of little sessions. We're going to Breakfast at7:30.

Beanie, I'll give you a call later this weekend.

To all, good night, Cindy

Hi Kids, I just wanted to pop in... rough day.

Went for my fill, gained 2 lbs so the doc said okay... he poked me 3 times and couldn't get it in the port. He said to come back next wednesday when the doctor who usually does it is there. I almost passed out b/c he was wiggling the needle inside... 3 FREAKIN TIMES !! needless to say I have a major headach b/c I rush like a mad woman to get there and then back to work. WTF?????????? he said if it was done under fluro it would cost $300.00... OY! what a sickening feeling I got while he was doing it.

Anyway... I will try again next week.... if the other guy can't do it WTF do I do? This doc had a hard time finding it... I mean you can feel it but he wasn't exactly sure b/c once I layed down it dissapeared ? so I stood up and that didn't help.

I'm sore, tired and wanna go home.... Talk to you all later when I can catch up on your posts.

:bananajump:

Good morning!

It's raining here, we need it badly so I won't complain, but it sure is a yucky day. It is supposed to clear up soon and get sunny though, sure hope so!

Awwww, Eileen, I'm sorry you had to go through that! Maybe he just don't do many fills. My doctor has always hit it on the first try, so I don't know how bad it feels for you! All this time I have been telling you how easy it was too!:cry :bananajump: :P :mad: I can't imagine going through that three times! Your daughter is adorable! I loved the finger nail polish!:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Beanie - Thanks for the pictures, they were great! You all look beautiful! Eileen has the most beautiful eyes, a person could get lost looking at them!:biggrin1:

Cindy - Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself! Have fun!

Zan - I loved your picture! You are beautiful, no need to hide that pretty face.

Patty - So, what did the insurance say? You did call didn't you????

Pat - What's up? You are staying too busy lady!

Sherry and Anne - Missing you girls!

Dianne - Did you pick out a name yet? (for that pretty puppy)

Well, got to get busy, I'll check back later!

As usual I'm running late and have not had time to catch up on all the posts. I wanted to quickly wish everyone a good weekend! I'm going down the Jersey shore to see my nieces for the weekend and will be back Sunday night.

Beanie - oooohhhh it's getting to be that time!!!

Hi everyone!

Sorry that I haven't posted lately. This week turned a little crazy so I was doing a little lurking but didn't post much. DS and I spent yesterday going through hundreds of photographs from my parent's house. My mom doesn't like looking at them (they make her sad) so she's never put one photo in an album. Not one!!! So, over the years they've been thrown in boxes and bags. We sorted them all and put them in albums, from 1966 onward. It was a lot of fun, but very time consuming. My parents Celebrate 40 years of marriage tomorrow so we're all getting together without the grandkids for a dinner out. We rarely get together without the little ones, so it will be a nice chance to sit and talk without constant interruptions.

Eilene, I'm sorry about your fill! Experience makes all the difference. With my first fill I never felt a thing. With my second (done by a different doctor) I was poked 8 times and it was horrible. If he can't do it next week with ease, I would bite the bullet and have one under fluro.

Betty, I hope the rain lets up for the weekend and you get some sunshine! I wish I could say some of the flower gardens are cleaned out here but it's still too muddy to even try it. That's so cute about your grandchildren. Will you be able to visit them soon? I'll bet the miss their Grandma!

Cindy, I hope your conference is going well! Are you on the way home yet, or does it go all weekend? I don't blame you for sneaking back to the hotel room for some alone time. It's hard to room with other adults that aren't related to you, lol.

Beanie, I can't believe that your surgery is Monday! How long will you be in the hospital? How long are you taking off of work? I'm so excited for you!

I'm sorry that I haven't addressed everybody's posts... I have to get the kids ready for bed, but I'll be around all weekend so I'll catch up. Happy Friday everyone!

Oooo - a late one here for me. Craziness at work today. It's like every broker in the country looked up today and said "Gosh, I have to get that file submitted before the weekend!" It was insane.

Cindy - isn't wifi FUN?!? I loved having it at the Hilton. I hope you have a great time. "shop" til you drop. :]

Eileenie - I am so sorry that you 1) had a hellish time trying to get your fill and 2) didn't get it! Was this your surgeon? Or just some office boob? I hope they get their *&(^ together on Wednesday!!

Betty - I'm glad you liked the pictures. *I sort of was bad - because I didn't clear it with Mom before I sent pictures of the Divine Miss G across the airwaves. Please don't send those off to anybody (not that I think you would...) - I could vouch for you - but Eileen is protective of her girl - and you can understand why! Isn't she just the cutest?!?

Zan - hope you have a great time down the shore... (see, I am learning Jersey-speak). And I am pretty excited - and sooooo glad to be getting this whole thing done.

Anne - good to see you! Hey, you want to come over to MY house and do the picture thing? I have soooo many of them in sacks - and film that I still need to get processed! I am so thankful for digital cameras... I love having the pictures right there, in my computer - ready to print or view at any time. *I am doing my surgery at an ambulatory surgery center - Lap Band is pretty much all they do. I arrive at 7, get the surgery at 8 and should be out of there by about 10-11am. My recovery will be in the comfort of my own humble home. I have the whole of next week off. Yippee!!! I really need that right now.

Well my dears - I have to run! I am off to my SIL's new place up the road. They have been in the state for 3 days, and I haven't had a chance to get over there, yet. I am bad...

Hugs All Round!!

Here I am again, hanging out in the room, checking in on my LBT pals! We went to Mi Tierra tonight for dinner, and my principal asked a high school friend and his wife to join us, so we learned some fun stories of Mr. Principal in his, let us say, "younger" days! Fun!

Eileen, OMG I can't believe this fill thing is so dang difficult for you. Not for YOU! I swear, mine are so easy, and have never been difficult. I hope it is like that for you next time! I have my fingers crossed for you, and will add you to the prayer list.

Anne, sounds kinda fun to do the photo albums...what is it that makes her sad, or should I know that already? I apologize if I should know, and am spacing out on it. Enjoy your adult dinner! The girl I'm rooming with is someone I've known for about 15 years, and we were young single girls together (at the same school) with another friend/colleague who isn't here this time. So, we've been roomies on conferences before, and actually get along great! I just like my "alone" time when I get the chance!

Zan, good to see you again!

Betty, glad you enjoyed the rain, I think it's over now according to DH.

We changed our flight to early in the morning, so I'll have more time at home than I was expecting this weekend. I have to go to an observatory (stars and stuff) tomorrow night with the Girl Scouts; should be interesting.

Sunday is the Super Bowl...I think we'll get chicken wings or something. DH's father usually joins us, at least he has every other year. Since I haven't been home, I'm not sure if the invitation has been extended.

Beanie, I KNOW you're chomping at the bit to get the big day here and over with! I'm thinking about you, girl!

Gotta get to bed, have a very early morning tomorrow!

Cindy

Good Morning,

Thanks everyone for your concernes, they mean so much. I'm feeling much better today. No raging headache and my tummy's not as sore as yesterday.

Cindy when do you get to go home? sounds like you had alot of fun w/your work buddies. How are you feeling?

Betty, your grandbabies sound adorable....and there is such a difference between a 4 year old and a 5 year old, its like they become teenagers at 5. Thank you for your kind words :bananajump:

Zan have fun down the shore, wish I could go with you, I'd sit and watch the waves for hours but I recon its gonna be a bit nippy there. Which beach do you hang by?

Anne, I have some photos in books and I did do some scrapbooking but I'm guilty of boxes full of photos'.... wish I had the time to sit and play with them b/c I have 10000's of my DD lolol. Happy Anniversary to your parents :P

Beanie, ya out of yer skin yet? lol, this weekend is gonna fly by like a wink, you'll see. Don't forget to take some before pictures. I thought about it and what I should have done was take pictures inside the hospital, that would have been an eyeopener when I want to cheat lolol !!! me in that big ol gown with the booties and hair net thingy. what an eyesore lolol. Have a good weekend and I will be praying for you, remember....... we love you very much !!! Let us know when your home (when your feeling okay). *happy dance*

Patty......... whats shakin toots? how's the boys? is this the weekend your hanging out at disney...I'm so envious lol.

PAT...... oh PAT !!! where are you?

Do I really need to do a roll call? come on guys where are you? stop lurking and say boo !!!

Good morning everyone.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Nothing interesting to report on this end..

(I decided to edit the avatar after watching Dateline NBC last night.)

IRENE Best of luck, I am very excited for you!

Hey, its Saturday.... and very foggy.

Oh, Eileen, How could this fill thing be SO difficult? And why do they charge for a fluro? Are these questions we need to ask before we pick a doctor? I already sent up a prayer and want you to rest up this weekend.... OK :sick

Well..... I called insurance and Thursday JANUARY 26, 2006 is a day for the history books! Thats the day Prospect Medical decided to change all the rules. My PCP was requesting a Bariatric referral, what I found out that I have a huge list of things to do, that no one told me about, ie; Psych Eval, nutrician etc but here's what they changed. The list reads:

Psych Eval and 3 follow-ups, Dietician and 2 follow-ups and then a Bariatric consult :faint: . And every visit needs it's own referral which takes 5 business days to process! I asked the prospect lady when she received the faxed request (remember I was told 1/13/06) she reads, Jan 31! Yes, folks it's just normal to get jerked around.... but I am calm and collected about this whole mess. I called my surgeons office and they just found out all this too! They are trying to reverse these requirements for those of that have already started the process (I started back in December). It was just one week that I took my focus off Lapband and gave my attention to the new job.... but what could I do? My kids need shoes and underwear. I believe that these things happen for a reason and I will knock off all these appointments all in a row. In fact the Prospect lady said that I could indeed do 2 appts in a week if I could book them. I was gonna call the girl at my PCP's but I am angry that she boldly lied to me and intentionally screwed up my timeline. With nothing more that I could accomplish, I grabbed the kids, we got something to eat and headed to Disneyland for an all-nighter. We rode the new ride, watched a parade and saw Fantasmic(Water show) where we met the nicest gentleman. So, this morning I am tired from being out late and am extremely grateful that my boys are close enough to hug..... it's really all I need today. Much Love to all of you :kiss2: .... maybe I'll do a couple of thrift stores, shopping always makes me feel better!

Ya know....I was thinking geeeee the NJ thread has gotten really quiet..wonder if it's that or if I'm not getting the updates. WELL DUH you switch us to a February Chat hahahaha. Ok Now I'm back ladies lol. Ya know it took a while but after the week I had at work the week before last I just wasn't thinking right. I'm still cracking up thinking we were just quiet. heh heh I should know better aye? Sooooo I'll catch up real soon with all of you! I have my pre-op on Monday wahoo. While I'm there I'm going to try to see one of the gals I've been chatting with who is having her lap-band surgery that day :) I'm hoping I can catch her cause she's been a real peach! Hope everyone is doing well.

Betty have you heard on the jobs yet?

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts Patty....work was a little better this week but now it wasn't the account manager it was the accountant that had words with me. I swear I can't win. Well SHE made the mistake of doing it while I was training yet a different account manager. That acct mgr was flabbergasted that this accountant did that. She said there was no need for it so she went to talk to the vice president of the company to tell him. She also told my boss that she has a wonderful supervisor with alot of patience because she would of yelled back at the lady and I just ignored her lol. All in a days work....I just DON'T get paid enough for this crap. They are afraid I'll leave if it keeps up then, I'll tell you...they will be hurting because I'm the only supervisor that knows the billing system my group uses and I've got 18 years experience on it. My annual review is this month....they better impress me grrrrrrrrr.

Anyway....hope everyone is doing well...I'm getting nervous and excited at the same time....only 9 days away. Rene you must be SOOOO excited!

Sherry

Good Morning,

The skys are blue and beautiful this morning, can't wait to go outside and enjoy the fresh air.

Whats everyone doing today? Nothing much here, SOSDD. I'm gonna do some cooking for the week and a load of laundry but thats it for cleaning, I did most of it yesterday.

Sherry, good luck tomorrow with the post op stuff :clock: glad you found us lolol.

Patty, I'm sorry they decided to throw you a curve ball. We all have to keep on top of the insurance companies because if you give them an inch they'll take a yard. I was on the phone w/them crying and yelling all the time, if I didn't I would have missed my surgery date. I'm sorry !!!! But there is a reason why these things happen.... I look at it as, the surgery will happen in God's time, not ours. Hugs, it will happen. Did you enjoy Disney?

BEANIE !!!!!!!!!! **HUGS, KISSES, HUGS** good luck tomorrow, I just can't believe its here already. Good luck Good Luck Good Luck *but mostly I'll be praying for you*......let us know when you can that your home safe and sound..... yes I worry... Love, Mom :)

Well off to surf a bit and then I'm gonna make DD some Breakfast.

Hugs everyone.

Good Morning!

Yesterday was pretty, a little chilly, but nice. We went riding for a good part of the day. It felt good to be outside enjoying the weather.

Sherry - I'm glad you found us! I was wondering where you were! Good luck tomorrow!

Eileen - It sounds like you and I do a lot of the same things on the same day. I am doing laundry and cleaning today too, but we will probably go riding too since it is going to be in the 70's.

Beanie - Whoooooo Hoooooooo! It is almost here and I am so excited for you! No being quiet today girl, we need to hear how you are holding up!:) :clock: :lol: You'll do fine, just let us know how you are doing when you can. What time do you have to be there?

I have another interview on Tuesday with a different company. If they decide they want me, I will have to go to CA for two weeks. We'll see what they have to offer me! I am still in the running for the other jobs, just haven't made up their minds yet. I sure wish someone would make a decision, this waiting is killing me. All the people I talk to from other companies say this is normal. UGH!

Well, going to fishing checking some threads, then get some more work done before DH wants to leave. Catch you all later!