Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't believe in additives/preservatives/etc. My Protein Drink has almond meal, oats, an egg, yoghurt, frozen berries and banana, spirulina, almond oil, colloidal minerals and milk in it.

I'm supposed to be on mushies for 4 weeks and tomorrow is only the end of my first! I don't know how much longer I can carry on with pureed mush. Also, I feel as though I can eat a lot more now and I'm scared I might be eating too much. I realize that my stomach is healing but still it doesn't seem right. For example, just for dinner I put away 2 tablespoons of hummus, 1/2 cup of crab Soup and scrambled eggs. Everything seems to be going down fine which can be attributed to the fact that I have no fill whatsoever. I'm freaking out!

As for the Protein Powder, I use GNC pro performance in vanilla (no added sugar) - with half a banana, some ice and milk, it tastes like a milkshake! Love it. Here's the link http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2944045&cp=3593187.2108294

Thanks GG! Congrats on the 9.5 lbs. Are you still on the mushie stage?

I am still on mushies but I can make mushies out of a lot of things! Had a hamburger with mac n cheese and fresh green Beans yesterday. I've also eaten a lot of chicken salad pureed. Yesterday I had a spoonful of banana pudding and key lime pie! It all went down smoothly. My Dr told me last week to gradually go to real food at my own pace and he's see me back in 3 weeks and I should be eating by then. Love him!

When can you come off mushies?

I know I signed on to this post early....I think it was one of the first times I posted and I really don't think I did anything but a copy and paste of someone else's post...oops. I have learned better. Banded Aug 11th. I am doing very well. No problems to speak of. I go on the 16th to have a fill and I am ready. I am lossing and refuse to weigh til i go back to the dr. Have a blessed day.....and if the sun is shining in your area...let's go for a walk!!

I am another 7lbs down. I had my first postop apt yesterday and I get my first fill on the 29th!

I don't believe in additives/preservatives/etc. My Protein drink has almond meal, oats, an egg, yoghurt, frozen berries and banana, spirulina, almond oil, colloidal minerals and milk in it.

Thanks for the reply. I will check out almond meal in the health food store. It's got to be a good source of protein. I use soy milk, soy yougurt, a banana and strawberries. Are you concerned about a raw egg in your drink? We take heavy duty Vitamins that are mixed just for us bit I will look into the minerals and oil you suggested.

Blessings,

GG

I don't believe in additives/preservatives/etc. My Protein drink has almond meal, oats, an egg, yoghurt, frozen berries and banana, spirulina, almond oil, colloidal minerals and milk in it.

I am another 7lbs down. I had my first postop apt yesterday and I get my first fill on the 29th!

Congrats! That's great. I have not had a fill yet. Let me know how it goes. Do you feel any restriction yet?

Blessings,

GG

I know I signed on to this post early....I think it was one of the first times I posted and I really don't think I did anything but a copy and paste of someone else's post...oops. I have learned better. Banded Aug 11th. I am doing very well. No problems to speak of. I go on the 16th to have a fill and I am ready. I am lossing and refuse to weigh til i go back to the dr. Have a blessed day.....and if the sun is shining in your area...let's go for a walk!!

Welcome to the Aug group. So glad to hear you're doing well. My Dr told my hubby to hide my scales so I could not weigh everyday. I think you are wise to wait until the Dr appointment. I need to only weigh once a week but I'm so excited to see the weight drop I can't seem to not do it everyday. lol Let me know how the fill goes. I have not had one yet. We should walk today at my house in NC. It's about 78, sunny and I'm on my screened porch watching the birds and enjoying the cooler temps.

Blessings,

GG

I'm supposed to be on mushies for 4 weeks and tomorrow is only the end of my first! I don't know how much longer I can carry on with pureed mush. Also, I feel as though I can eat a lot more now and I'm scared I might be eating too much. I realize that my stomach is healing but still it doesn't seem right. For example, just for dinner I put away 2 tablespoons of hummus, 1/2 cup of crab Soup and scrambled eggs. Everything seems to be going down fine which can be attributed to the fact that I have no fill whatsoever. I'm freaking out!

As for the Protein Powder, I use GNC pro performance in vanilla (no added sugar) - with half a banana, some ice and milk, it tastes like a milkshake! Love it. Here's the link http://www.gnc.com/p...3593187.2108294

We have a GNC very close to us, thanks I'll check it out. I need vanilla too because if I have chocolate too late I'll be up all night. That's what happens when you get old! Hang in there and try eating small meals more often. Maybe they would stay with you longer.

Blessings,

GG

Thanks for the reply. I will check out almond meal in the health food store. It's got to be a good source of Protein. I use soy milk, soy yougurt, a banana and strawberries. Are you concerned about a raw egg in your drink? We take heavy duty Vitamins that are mixed just for us bit I will look into the minerals and oil you suggested.

Blessings,

GG

Hi GG,

Not worried about the raw egg - been drinking smoothies with raw egg in them since I was a little kid, and I've made it to 34 years old safely!

Rebecca

Hi. My surgery date is august 16.

Going through a divorce. His loss. Haha !!

Best Way to lose some unwanted weight ;)

rolleyes.gif hi all SueZQ here! Banded 8/22/11. Started out 229.3 and at 215 to date!!! No fill until 9/19 sad.gif but it's rt around the corner biggrin.gif....I am a bit SCARED unsure.gif....but looking forward to the restriction.biggrin.gif.

QUESTION: I am going on day 18. Doing great. feel like normal until today!!!ohmy.gif HELP I keep getting pains where my port is. Albeit brief they are intense sharp pains. Is this part of the healing process? is anyone else experiencing any pains like this? No fever and I am not eating wrongly. I might have gotten too zealous in cleaning house, planting fall mums, and bending over to clean hot tub. Should I be concerned????unsure.gif

TYTYTY for all responses....

Hugs!! SZQ

rolleyes.gif hi all SueZQ here! Banded 8/22/11. Started out 229.3 and at 215 to date!!! No fill until 9/19 sad.gif but it's rt around the corner biggrin.gif....I am a bit SCARED unsure.gif....but looking forward to the restriction.biggrin.gif.

QUESTION: I am going on day 18. Doing great. feel like normal until today!!!ohmy.gif HELP I keep getting pains where my port is. Albeit brief they are intense sharp pains. Is this part of the healing process? is anyone else experiencing any pains like this? No fever and I am not eating wrongly. I might have gotten too zealous in cleaning house, planting fall mums, and bending over to clean hot tub. Should I be concerned????unsure.gif

Hugs!! SZQ

Welcome! Wow you are really doing well!. I was banded 3 days after you and have lost 10 lbs. I'm happy with it, I'll be glad to loose 2 lbs a week. Sounds like you might have overdone all your chores. If it were me, and I'm no expert, I'd take it easy over the weekend and if it does not stop contact the Dr on Mon. Of course, if it gets worse I'd call him. Keep us posted.

Blessings,

GG

Hugs!! SZQ

I was banded on 8/17 and had some pain in the port area for a bit as well. It was sore for awhile and bending over the bathtub to bathe my babies was difficult, but all is well now. As for being scared about getting a fill, I got my 1st one yesterday and I'm not a fan of needles and was freaked out a little when I saw it. But really, I felt NOTHING when he stuck me. My doc had me lay down with a pillow under my back and told me to start to sit up, stuck the needle in and then that was it! I was so surprised that I didnt feel it go in. Nothing to worry or be scared about :) Good luck!

By the way....I'm Jess. Banded 8/17. Start weight was 192. Weighed in this morning at 180 and some change ;) A little disappointed because I cant fit into any smaller clothes, but I have my 'skinny jeans' ready!!

I am 31 years old and not yet married (been there, done that, now just a little gun shy) but reunited with my HS sweetheart. I have 3 beautiful yet crazy children. (sometimes I think they are part hoodlum) Ages 9yrs, 2yrs and 10 months.