Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally on the other side!

Welp! I'm finally joining the post op side! My surgery was yesterday morning and it's been a pretty rough 24 hours or so, but I'm still here! The gas pains are pretty terrible, I'm not going to lie. I have to be standing and walking around or sitting straight up like a stick at all times. Last night I slept( for about three hours and waking up every 30-45 minutes) in my wing back chair with two pillows behind me. It's been quite the experience. But I know it's only getting better from here and I'm so happy I've finally begun my new life.

I have absolutely no hunger but I do have a great amount of thirst. Today I started full liquids for the next three weeks. I tried to drink some Soup but only got down about 1/2 cup. Then I tried to drink a runny yogurt smoothie thing which is 6 ounces and only got about 2 oz of that down. But I've been sipping on Water all day... My doctor wants me drinking 1-2 gallons of fluids a day... Hmm I think I only got in about 40 oz yesterday... But I will try to do better today.

Anyway, thank you guys for your support! Please fill me in on what your first few days were like! Thanks!

Welcome to the other side. Good luck with your journey

Congratulations!! I was banded on July 29 and the 1st couple days were pretty good, however, on Post op day #3 at night.... THe Horride gas pains that I read about hit me and i walked and walked and walked! Finally got comfy, took a shower but the gas did not pass until 4:30 the next morning! Otherwise no pain med since Saturday. Just came from post op dr appointment. & I am not getting enuff fluids or Protein Drinks, so that is my goal, Just tried Isopure becuz the miliky sweet ones are really starting to make me gag! Well I hope you have a smooth road ahead! Try using a heating pad against your upper chest area with the gas pains, that helps me alot. But just dont put them near ur incisions. Good Luck!

Congratulations on your surgery! Dont worry too much about the amounts you can get down right now. You are still swollen and it will take some time to go down.

I hope you have a smooth recovery!

Congrats on your big day!! I converted on July 28th and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Afterwards on the other hand, is a different story! lol...Day one and two were pretty woozy and lots of pain meds to get through the chest pains/gas pains. I am on day six and I am still having a tough time with gas/bubbles in my belly. I started back to work yesterday and decided to go without my medicine and I was in pain for 6 hours. Came home crying and called in a refill on the liquid loratab! Best advice, if they give you the meds, take them...don't be a hero. I go back to the doctor on Tuesday and boy do I have some questions for him! Good luck and talk to you soon!

Welcome to the land of the banded. It is such a great feeling! Enjoy your journey.

Thanks for the advice... I've been trying to tough it out a little but I'm in a pretty good amount of pain. The gas is killing me. Its just that my oxycodone is in pill form and really hurts to swallow... I cut them into fours but it still hurts. I'm not getting much of anything down right now... Even full liquids like Soup are hurting now. I'm contemplating going to the ER to get some liquid pain meds... But maybe I'll just wait til morning and have my dr call some in. I'll just keep on walking!

Sorry to complain... I am very excited to get past this initial phase... Hopefully I won't have too much of this pain left :-) thanks for all y'all's support!

Congrats on your big day!! I converted on July 28th and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Afterwards on the other hand, is a different story! lol...Day one and two were pretty woozy and lots of pain meds to get through the chest pains/gas pains. I am on day six and I am still having a tough time with gas/bubbles in my belly. I started back to work yesterday and decided to go without my medicine and I was in pain for 6 hours. Came home crying and called in a refill on the liquid loratab! Best advice, if they give you the meds, take them...don't be a hero. I go back to the doctor on Tuesday and boy do I have some questions for him! Good luck and talk to you soon!

you shouldn't have to deal with pain. call the doc's on call # and tell them you need liquid pain reliever. Calling in a script should be no problem. That's why they earn good money. Don't feel back about calling. You can also take liquid adult Tylenol.

Thanks for the advice... I've been trying to tough it out a little but I'm in a pretty good amount of pain. The gas is killing me. Its just that my oxycodone is in pill form and really hurts to swallow... I cut them into fours but it still hurts. I'm not getting much of anything down right now... Even full liquids like Soup are hurting now. I'm contemplating going to the ER to get some liquid pain meds... But maybe I'll just wait til morning and have my dr call some in. I'll just keep on walking!

Sorry to complain... I am very excited to get past this initial phase... Hopefully I won't have too much of this pain left :-) thanks for all y'all's support!

Thanks Amy. I just called and he said my band is just too tight and I'm swollen. He wants me to come in first thing in the morning and get some Fluid taken out.

you shouldn't have to deal with pain. call the doc's on call # and tell them you need liquid pain reliever. Calling in a script should be no problem. That's why they earn good money. Don't feel back about calling. You can also take liquid adult Tylenol.