Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having trouble finding that "full" feeling. I may have never had it to begin with. When I eat a small meal, I eat until I feel that pressure in my chest. It scares me from eating any more b/c I don't want to vomit but I am in no way "full" feeling. It feels like a huge burp that I can't get up. I still feel real hungry but can't eat anymore for fear of overdoing it. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sounds more like you are getting stuck not full. Try eating smaller bites and chew, chew, chew when you think your done chewing, chew again lol. Remember it''s a learning process and it will take some fills to get that full feeling. Good Luck.

That's kinda what I thought but I get that pressure feeling even if I am drinking a Protein Shake or sipping Water. It seems like every time i put anything in my system, I get that awkward feeling. It seems I am hungry all the time but I am scared to eat anything. I guess I need to call my doctor but it's only been six days since I had the band put in and I am scheduled for my first fill next week.

Six days post op you are still very swollen. It's going to feel funny for a while. But It will get better.

That's kinda what I thought but I get that pressure feeling even if I am drinking a Protein shake or sipping Water. It seems like every time i put anything in my system, I get that awkward feeling. It seems I am hungry all the time but I am scared to eat anything. I guess I need to call my doctor but it's only been six days since I had the band put in and I am scheduled for my first fill next week.

I know the exact feeling you are feeling. I feel that to. It is like ick, ugh and icky. I don't like it. I was thinking it was just me. That's why I am on this board to see if I can find someone with the same misery I am having. I am almost 4 weeks post op and I still feel that. I also had hernia repair so I was thinking that was it. I can't really stomach anything. The shakes, chicken, even the thought or smell of some food makes me gag. I have always had a cast Iron stomach but now it is queezy all the time. When I just eat a few bites of anything I feel like " OH NO , is it gonna come back up??" I know eating popcicles and broth isn't giving me the Vitamins I need but I am so afraid I am gonna be sick and I can't get passed that feeling I get after I eat. It like a huge burb needs to come out but it doesn't.

How are you feeling now? Do you still feel that feeling after you eat? I stay hungry but a popsicle usually takes it away for some time and it's better than feeling icky :(

Please let me know how you are... thanks

WOW!! That's crazy b/c I had hernia repair surgery last month!! I was still hurting from it when I got banded. I didn't feel the hernia pain until today, when the feeling started to return to my insides.

I think I need to eat a bunch of soft foods and not even try to do solids just yet. What are some things you eat that do not have that effect??

You can eat tuna salad, egg salad, chicken salad (BUT NOT DRY! CREAMY) I have a problem like that, and food has to be moist ! Cottage cheese, S.F. pudding, Yogurt etc..

Join up with myfitnesspal.com and you can view what other people are eating, and get ideas.

Plus you can log your calorie intake on their, and it will keep it stored in memory. Exercise is kept track of too. Best thing is it's FREE !

You can P M me, and I will tell you how I deal with it. If interested.

Shirley.

WOW!! That's crazy b/c I had hernia repair surgery last month!! I was still hurting from it when I got banded. I didn't feel the hernia pain until today, when the feeling started to return to my insides.

I think I need to eat a bunch of soft foods and not even try to do solids just yet. What are some things you eat that do not have that effect??

oh you had the hernia repair and then the lap band?? Mine was a hyetal hernia (sp) and I had the Lap Band the same day. I can eat/drink the following without any issues:

popcicles

fudgecicles

Water

zero Water

life water

broth

tomatoe slices ( I havent treied the cherry ones)

cantelope

honeydew melon

watermelon (no seeds)

snow cones

orange gatorade (the rest make me queezy)

kool aid ( the add packs for water sugar free)

grilled chicken sliced really really small

( I usually just get it from Sonic.. the grilled chicken sandwich dry with extra tomatoe... I thro the bun away.. too afraid to try bread just yet.

chicken salad (minced chicken it it though

mashed potatoes

green Beans

guacamole

salsa and a few chips

that's about all I can really think of right now but I will certainly let you know what I try in the future and if it didn't bother me. I am still not drinking any sodas, I am afraid of the gas... I am still suffering from that. I have always been a burper I guess due to my hernia but now it goes down instead of up :( I don't like it. It may be why my stomach is always upset. I need to talk to my Dr. about it. I had a lot of swelling so he put me back on fluids, clear fluids, for 2 weeks but now I am trying more solid foods and most of them I am just afraid of. Very very small portions, like 5-6 bites except for the fruit, I can eat about 10 bites of them.

I am actually OK as long as the hunger pains are gone..... that happy medium is what I like but it is hard to find.

This is all really good stuff!! I am going to have to write it all down. I will look into the fitness pal site. I bet I can keep up with it all on my phone.

Before my doctor's office called back, I was able to eat some chicken salad (Mrs. Grissom's). It did not fill me up but it curbed the hunger pains. My doctor said to go back to liquid for a few days until more of the swelling goes down. Hopefully that is all it is, swelling from the surgery, and I will soon be normal like all the others I read about on this site.

Thanks for all of y'all's advice. It really helps to know I am not alone!!

I have these feelings, too. The pain in the chest and everything. It's from the gas they pump into you during the surgery. I'm burping like crazy just to get it out and it hurts alot. And most of the time I can't even tell if I'm hungry or if it is just gas pains so that is probably what you're feeling. I'm just drinking tons of Water and taking my Gas X strips and waiting for it to pass. It gets a little better everyday. \

Just hang in there, we'll all feel normal again soon.

This is all really good stuff!! I am going to have to write it all down. I will look into the fitness pal site. I bet I can keep up with it all on my phone.

Before my doctor's office called back, I was able to eat some chicken salad (Mrs. Grissom's). It did not fill me up but it curbed the hunger pains. My doctor said to go back to liquid for a few days until more of the swelling goes down. Hopefully that is all it is, swelling from the surgery, and I will soon be normal like all the others I read about on this site.

Thanks for all of y'all's advice. It really helps to know I am not alone!!

I am so glad that you were able to eat some chicken salad. I am so glad I found this site! I find it super helpful and I feel like there are soooo many people on here that will offer support :)

Good luck to all of us while we are on our journey.

P.S. I am eating BBQ chicken today from PaPa's BBQ and so far so good :)

Hi, I am 8 days post op and also had the hernia repair when they "installed" my lap band. This has been a pretty miserable week for me. The pressure in my chest and diaphragm is so uncomfortable, even wearing a bra for too long is difficult. And it is funny how it comes and goes. Sometimes when I stand up the pressure increases and I feel like I need to burp, if I am up for more than an hour or two the pressure and gas builds up and the only way to get relief is to lay down. The melt away gas-x has not helped me a bit with this.

I am thankful for these support web sites because it is comforting to know it isn't just me having a less than speedy recovery.

My doctor has me on full liquid diet the first 2 weeks post op, then pureed food for 2 weeks, then soft moist. On the liquids, I have not been especially hungry, nor have I had any difficulty drinking or feeling full. I can drink my 8 oz Protein Shake pretty quickly not because I try, but more because it goes down easily. Should I be able to do that?

I am happy with my pre-op/post-op weight loss so far. I did a 2 week pre-op fat free milk only diet so I have lost a total of 25 pounds already, so I do feel like the pain and discomfort is paying off. I just hope It will eventually get better.

Wow, I wrote a lot. Hope that is okay.

I am having trouble finding that "full" feeling. I may have never had it to begin with. When I eat a small meal, I eat until I feel that pressure in my chest. It scares me from eating any more b/c I don't want to vomit but I am in no way "full" feeling. It feels like a huge burp that I can't get up. I still feel real hungry but can't eat anymore for fear of overdoing it. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

When I went in for my first "fill" the PA put me on all liquid or chewable medicine. I had been told to do this right after surgery, but then was told I could swallow pills as long as they were no larger than an M&M, so I went with that. But the as I said, the PA put me back on chewables or liquids. Since I have done that, I have had less of a problem with food getting "hung" and the pain in my chest. Evidently some folks have an esphogus that requires the TLC of liquid meds so that they don't irritate. Talk to your doctor about liquid meds and see if that will help.

Good luck.

weight.png

Hi, I am 8 days post op and also had the hernia repair when they "installed" my lap band. This has been a pretty miserable week for me. The pressure in my chest and diaphragm is so uncomfortable, even wearing a bra for too long is difficult. And it is funny how it comes and goes. Sometimes when I stand up the pressure increases and I feel like I need to burp, if I am up for more than an hour or two the pressure and gas builds up and the only way to get relief is to lay down. The melt away gas-x has not helped me a bit with this.

I am thankful for these support web sites because it is comforting to know it isn't just me having a less than speedy recovery.

My doctor has me on full liquid diet the first 2 weeks post op, then pureed food for 2 weeks, then soft moist. On the liquids, I have not been especially hungry, nor have I had any difficulty drinking or feeling full. I can drink my 8 oz Protein shake pretty quickly not because I try, but more because it goes down easily. Should I be able to do that?

I am happy with my pre-op/post-op weight loss so far. I did a 2 week pre-op fat free milk only diet so I have lost a total of 25 pounds already, so I do feel like the pain and discomfort is paying off. I just hope It will eventually get better.

Wow, I wrote a lot. Hope that is okay.

Because you are only 8 days out of surgery, you probably still have a lot of gases in your body from when they inflated your abdomen to put in the lap band. Remember, gas rises, so for it to go up and cause discomforte makes sense to me (but what do I know, I am not a doctor, I just know what I remember from my recuperation) I had a hernia removed, too.

Try to slow down with your Protein drinks - yes, the do go down easily, but put it in a glass and sip on it - try to make it go down slowly. It's good practice for the food you will be eating. Congrats on all you have lost - that is impressive. I did not go on a pre -op diet first (just was asked to drink liquids the day before), so I have not lost nearly what you should.

weight.png