Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For Those Who Have Been Banded for about 1 Year

I am 14 months out and have lost 63 pounds. I am taking it very slow obviously. I went 6 months with no loss though because I didn't go get a fill, So I would say the amount I have lost taking that 6 months away is about where I wanted to be. Imagine where I would be had I gotten my fill sooner. I could kick myself!

Hello everyone,

I agree with losing weight slowly. In the past I lost 120 pounds very quickly with a program like Lindora. But unfortunately, I gained it all back and then some. It was horrible, imagine, all your life being heavy, then finally losing all your weight and looking like a model, just to turn around and put it back on again...imagine the depression that I face everyday, because I finally had confidence, high self esteem, I felt like I could accomplish anything in the world. But now I am back to being heavier than I was, I let stress get the best of me, then got married and pregnant and gained over 130 pounds. It makes me tear up just remembering. Important thing is my Hubby loves me thick or thin. But I want to do this mainly for my health. I am really achy and tired all the time, I totally lack confidence, I hate going places because I am scared people are going to laugh at me and make fun of me, worst of all...it puts a strain on my marriage, because I am very jealous and my Hubby gives me absolutely no reason to be. I want to lose weight to be healthy for my daughter, so I could be there to play with her run with her, but now I can't. Anyways, I have an appointment coming up soon to get "banded":clap2:

One question that I can't seem to get a response on people........ Can someone give me the definitions to your abbreviations. Like PB and all the things you guys use here. It is really confusing to read stuff you don't understand.

THANKS ALOT:biggrin1: :( :biggrin1:

Sorry to hijack, but I thought I'd answer RoziRoze :( ... there's a post with all the abbreviations & their definitions:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7959

It may seem that folks are ignoring you, but I'm sure it's not on purpose. Everyone here is really nice & willing to help, you just have to get their attention. :D

I think the problem may be that you're asking questions on threads about something else. Often folks just read the first post & then respond, they're not reading everything everyone says.

If you start a new post, you'll get more responses directed at you. (When you're on the page that shows a list of topics, there should be a "New Post" button on the top left corner of the page.)

For your smiley question, you type a colon & then a close-parenthesis to get a smiley : + ) :Banane39: -- that's the basic one. A semi-colon + close-parenthesis makes a wink ; + ) :(. For more options, when you're posting a reply, click on the "Go Advanced" button below the quick reply box... or click on the "Post Reply" button bottom left. Either should bring up a page that has the smileys listed... just click on one to get it inserted into your post.

Hope that helps! :Banane29:

In answer to the original thread, I'm not banded yet, lol :roll:, but my doctor's average is 57 pounds for the first year, 30 for the second & 10 for the 3rd.

Jacilyn,

I've completed all the requirements for my surgeon and insurance company (endoscope, psychological, nutrition and education class, gall bladder study (I have no gall bladder), etc.). Now, I just wait to be approved. I've been told it takes 2-3 weeks. After that, I wait for a surgery date. If all goes well, it'll be sometime in March.

I CANNOT WAIT!!!

I'm ready to get this weight off--of course, I'm trying now--but I really need an extra "push" that I'm hoping the band will give me.

Thanks for asking, :(

Dana

Exactly one year today (1/31) and i'm down 74lbs. Started in size 22/24 pants, 2x shirts and now i'm 12/14 pants and XL shirts. Couldn't of done it without the band.

I'm about 10 1/2 months out since being banded and I'm down 86 pounds. I got about 8 weeks left and I sure would like to hit 100 by my Bandiversary!!! Don't know if I will quit make it but I'd still say I'm happy to be that close!!!!

I have a year in exactly 2 weeks, ask me then... lol

I CANT go to the scale till then.

Last I knew, i was like 356 (GAINING)

I wanted to be 315 pounds by Febuary 15th.. (Which is SOOOOO NOT gonna happen) so I would have lost 100 pounds in one year.

So, 60 to 75 pounds is my answer..

I cant wait to weigh.. on febuary 14th, BUT then again I dont want to see how I didnt reach goal..

(I SOoooooooooo could have if I wasnt so fluckered up on my fills with swelling and so POOR that I couldnt get them when I needed them)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr