Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 weeks out and still can't get calories in..help!

After 7 weeks I am still having a hard time getting 1200 calories a day in! I get all my Fluid and Protein (60-80gm) in but everthing I drink has 0-20 calories (which is mostly Water or single packs). I usually eat 2 scrambled eggs w/cheese for Breakfast which fills me up...a sensible lunch which is between 200-350 calories..and a sensible dinner which is between 200-350 calories. I'd say that I average about 700 calories a day. Also, I try to keep everything I eat low carb/low fat/low sugar.

Is this ok? I was under the impression that we needed to get in at least 1200 calories for the weight to come off. Since surgery (May 31), I have lost about 35lbs (with no fill yet) but I have stalled for the past 2 weeks. Also, besides walking, I dont do much exercise because I'm afraid to burn the calories I do get in.

I just need some advice!

I average between 800-1200 cal a day. Try to stay under 1000.

As long as you get your Protein in. I don't see the problem, and burning off the calories so that your body then burns up some reserved calories "weight" That's what we are supposed to do... Make sure you are on a good chewable Vitamin. You don't want to end up with your energey in the tank.

Go to myfitnesspal.com a lot of us are there, and you can view some peoples Diary of what they eat, and how the exercise. It will give you some ideas that might help. I am Losingintime on that site.

Shirley

My suggestion would be to stay low carb, but to add in more healthy fats. This will help you get more calories, and will probably help you feel better as well. My doctor tells us not to worry about calories, but when I pressed the nutritionist she said around 1,200 a day was good for me.

I was told to eat 3 meals, no snacking. But since the beginning I found that I could not get in the calories that way. So I do what works for me and have a couple light Snacks, usually a WW string cheese and a Fiber One Bar

My nutritionist said 1,200 a day also. She said they (nutritionists) do not like to talk about any diet under 1,200. I try to average between 1,000 and 1,200 a day. What about cottage cheese? It is packed with Protein.< /p>

You took the words right out of my mouth Lakeshia. I have been struggling with this as well.

I know I have to start eating more, but it's hard to when I'm not hungry. I am definitely on a plateau. I started preop 6/2 with surgery on 6/16. I have been stuck at a 24 pound loss for a few weeks!

I need to figure out how to see what other people eat on myfitnesspal.com. Maybe I just need "meal ideas!" I am supposed to be getting in 1000- 1200 calories per day.

Lea3277..I too am trying to figure out how to see others on MyFitnessPal. I use it everyday so thats how I know what Im taking in but I would like to see what others eat.

Thanks everyone for the great advice!

I am Losingintime on that site, and if you look me up, you eill see view at some comments or diets. Click on view to anyone that has that up. You will see a lot of different ways that people eat.

Good Luck !,,,, Shirley.

My myfitnesspal.com account user name is Lea3277 Lakeshia. I just started logging yesterday because it was the first day that I actually ate enough to count. I logged a little bit in the past, but not very much at all. I just posted a topic under "nutrition and fitness" asking for peoples usernames so we could look.....hopefully we will be able to use this to help us eat better.

I can't seem to email you out. So try me would you. Losingintime.

I had surgery 4weeks ago and at a stand still for 2 weeks lost 22 lbs going fora fill 4th aug any tips.

Yep ! This is our rule to follow when ever they do a fill, and it works ioo !

2 Days liquids, 1 Day Mushie, then try food !

It's that easy !

Just remember to take small pieces about the size of a dime or smaller, chew until you really turn it into mash. and take your time ! On each bite while you are chewing forever, put your fork down on the plate. You will take more time without that in your hand.

They call that learning to put the fork down. Now you know how.

Enjoy your fill.

I'm close to you in length of time being banded, and I just in the last week have been able to get my calories up enough. It has been REALLY difficult. I've been adding extra Protein Powder to things, and like Rachel412 says, some healthy fats to boost the caloric value of what I've been eating. I get in between 1000-1100 now and feel pretty good! But no, you're definitely not alone!!!