Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello.... I need some help or suggestions from some of the long term banders out there... I think I have plateau'd and its really aggravating me!!! Everyone I had talked to pre-surgery was telling me about their 80-100 lbs weight loses within the first year or so after the surgery. So of course that was my expectation... I was banded Aug 26rd 2010, I've had 3 fills, but I'm only down about 40lbs. Not that I'm unhappy with that weight lose, I love it, but I'm a little depressed that from my second fill to now, Ive only dropped about 10 lbs. And it doesnt seem to matter how much I work out or what I eat. It's like I'm stuck! dry.gif The reason why I did the band was because it is so hard for me to lose weight. I'm beginning to think my body is allergic to losing weight!!! GRRR!!! So any suggestions from the banders out there? Am I doing something wrong to slow my progress? Thanks in advance!

I was banded Jan 11th 2011. I was doing great at first then I had my first fill. Too much and had to have some removed. After that it seemed like no matter what I did no weight loss for weeks. I exercise at the Y 5 days a week and have been doing mostly high Protein low carb so I didn't understand it. I finally decided to go back on the liquid diet to see if I could jump start things again. Did the liquid for 2 weeks and started losing again. the doctor said my plateau may have been because I had cut my calories back too much and my body thought I was starving it so it held on to everything I ate. Hope this helps you.:D

What is your calorie intake, and Protein?

Any exercise for you?

I suggest you change things up. Do a different aerobic excersise, start lifting weights. Change up what you eat and your daily calories. Some days take in 1000 some days 1300 et.. You may be able to trick your body into dropping some more pounds. Good luck!

My advice would be:

Count your calories

Up your Water intake

Up your Protein intake

Up cardio

But also know that plateaus happen to all of us- they suck, but they happen.

Track your calories more closely. Weight-loss happens when you're eating less than you burn on a daily basis. There's no trick or tips to losing really. In any case, plateaus are common and should be expected. Weight-loss isn't linear nor constant, nor should you be comparing your amount of weight loss to anyone else. We're all different and no two bodies are going to lose at the same rate. It just doesn't happen.

To answer so of the posted questions, my calories usually fluctuate between 1200-1600 daily. I stay away from most carbs, all breads & pastas (I have a hard time eating them, they usually get stuck, so I avoid them all together) etc. I do eat alot of Proteins and green veggies, and Vitamin Water. And I use the gym at my work usually 3 days a week. I do the treadmill for 45 min, the eliptical for 30 min, and bicycle for 30 min, and then do usually 3 20 reps sets of crunches, the thigh machine, and butterfly machine. I would like to do more, but I do have some joint issues and I'm usually pretty swollen the next day. Maybe doing the liquid diet again for a week or two would help.

Go to myfitnesspal.com and log in your calories for a week. It's easy, and it's free. You might be getting in to much Protein, or to many calories.

It doesn't hurt to find out. I am Losingintime on that site. You can look me up if you want. The good thing is you can view other peoples food or Exercise Diary if it's available. Point is you can get some ideas on stuff, and maybe if you do a change up, you might trick your body into moving again, by changing Foods or Exercise.

Good Luck, Shirley.

To answer so of the posted questions, my calories usually fluctuate between 1200-1600 daily. I stay away from most carbs, all breads & pastas (I have a hard time eating them, they usually get stuck, so I avoid them all together) etc. I do eat alot of Proteins and green veggies, and Vitamin Water. And I use the gym at my work usually 3 days a week. I do the treadmill for 45 min, the eliptical for 30 min, and bicycle for 30 min, and then do usually 3 20 reps sets of crunches, the thigh machine, and butterfly machine. I would like to do more, but I do have some joint issues and I'm usually pretty swollen the next day. Maybe doing the liquid diet again for a week or two would help.

If you're seriously doing all of those exercises within one day, you're undereating, which is probably why you aren't losing. I workout for an hour a day, sometimes 2 hours and I'm losing weight eating 1750-1800 calories a day. Try eating more, honestly.

Some vitiman Water has 25g of sugar. I'd try switching to Crystal Lite or Propel. 1200 to 1600 calories is what I was told would be to maintain my idea weight (once I get there!) I would suggest lowering the calorie count to 1000 to 1200. Please keep in mind this is all side line quarterbacking! Good luck and hang in there.