Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hoodia anyone??

he said she wont even take the next dose because she doesnt need it, that it just kills her appetite and doesnt make her jittery or anything.

Today I did not take my 2nd dose and I still do not feel hungry from the first dose..and no jitters for me either..

I just got mine in the mail two days ago. I took the first dose and it did in fact curb my appetite but was a bit shaky. That only lasted for an hour though and went away. I think I am going to take my once a day dose at supper though. THat seems to be my worse time for eating meals.

WIll keep you guys updated as I progress. I am back on Nutrisystem for now. I have another trip coming up and will just have to take some meals with me. SIGH!!

Good luck Michelle.

I am tempted to try this at night when I feel like I can eat the whole house!! My band seems to be wide open at 7:00 p.m. & on. Do you think it would hurt the band or should I just not even go there?!?!?!?!

Please be careful everyone.. I looked at the listed ingredients in the Pure Hoodia link above and Hoodia is the last ingredient listed. By law, ingredients have to be listed in order of quantity. The first item on the list is what this product mainly consists of. Hoodia is the last on the list, which means there is only a very small amount of it in this product. Have a look at the list.. do you know what all of the ingredients are? If not, you should find out.. because anything listed above Hoodia is what you are really taking. http://www.purehoodia.com/Ingredients.htm

And.. this is the warning on the label:

WARNING: Pure Hoodia™ weight loss products are not for use by individuals under the age of 18.

Do not use if pregnant or nursing.

Consult a physician before using this product.

Do not use if you have, or have a family history of heart, liver or thyroid disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, recurrent headaches, depression or other psychiatric condition, glaucoma, difficulty in urinating, prostate enlargement, or seizure disorder, if you are using a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) or any other dietary supplement, prescription drug or over-the-counter drug containing ephedrine, pseudoephedrine or phenylpropanolamine (ingredients found in certain allergy, asthma, cough/cold, and weight control products).

Exceeding recommended serving may cause serious health effects including heart attack or stroke.

I see a lot of things listed there that many obese people have. And before anyone gets offended, I didn't post this because I'm against the product or taking such products, nor do I think anyone who is taking this or similar products is stupid for doing so. I simply saw the warning and wanted to share it for everyone's safety.

I've lost 3 lbs this week with my hoodia

HOORAY for me..with NO band and all ready have lost 104 lbs.. this is huge!!!

Exceeding recommended serving may cause serious health effects including heart attack or stroke.

I take less then the reccomended daily dose..

I simply saw the warning and wanted to share it for everyone's safety.

Thank you I appreciate it :)

I ordered mine from www.vitaminlife.com The link was on a post by Paula. I too take less than recommended dosage.

Thank you for the insight. I have heard that unless you get the pure hoodia then it won't do you much good. I will look at my bottle and see what the ingredients are. Then I will update this post.

Here is the ingredients from the one I am taking.

Supplement Facts

Servings Size: Two (2) Capsules

Servings Per Container: 30

Amount Per Serving: Hoodia gordonii (fresh stem) 400 mg

†Daily Value not established.

Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose (Plant Fiber), Rice Flour, Magnesium Stearate, and Silica.

Susan, thanks for that reminder!

Michelle, -3??? woohoo, girl!

My friend lost 2 pounds in 5 days... she bought the spray version.

Penni - Im waiting on mine to come home to Momma. Been eating like a big FAT old pig lately... aint nothing stopping me! Little restriciton, really bad food choices, and stress ~ makes a bad combo here.

Been eating like a big FAT old pig lately... aint nothing stopping me! Little restriciton, really bad food choices, and stress ~ makes a bad combo here.

I'm right there with you Paula... i've gained over 10 pounds back from crappy eating. We've had WAYYY too much holiday candy and goodies in the house. I'm so glad it's spring and the biggest holidays are gone for a while!

I ordered the spray hoodia from ebay @ $6.99 + $5 s&h. I'm on day 3. It's doing it's thing so far, seems to have increased my restriction, and I only get slight diet pill jitters. Mine recommends 3 sprays under the tongue before each meal. It has a tart lemon flavor. So far I'm only using it once each morning, and it's enough. I took it in the late afternoon on the first day, and it interfered with my sleep.

The ingredients in mine is first purified Water, then hoodia cactus, then garcinia, followed by citric acid, guar gum cambogia, banaba leaf extract, and lycopene.

My husband is using it as well, and he feels like it's working for him. No feelings of jitters or anything.

Hey Pam,

Thanks for the update.

I took both the spray and the pill - but neither seemed to do anything. Almost like a placebo, you know?

What brands did you buy?

My sister started taking Trim Spa this month and says she's lost 10 to 15 lbs (and I just saw her a month ago for her wedding!!). I looked it up, and the main ingredient is hoodia, so I went to GNC and picked up a different (much cheaper) brand, called DietreX (I'm pretty sure, it's at least close, lol). The instructions say to take 2 doses a day for 5 days, and then 1 dose a day after that, which I like much better than a dose before each meal. I only started yesterday, but I have not had any jitters at all, and my desire to snack has been deminished noticably. How much I eat at any given meal has not really been the problem, but the inbetween snacking.

Just thought I would share. :Banane13:

Well, I have not been able to get back on low carb since I went off the deep end. So today I ordered some stuff from swansonsvitamins.com including Chromiam and Hoodia. The lady on the phone said these are the top two things they sell for weight loss lately. Their formula says:

• An all-natural, stimulant-free option for appetite control
    Features steroidal glycosides that appear to stimulate a sense of contentment in the brain
    Makes a great addition to a healthy diet and exercise plan

I told her that I could not take ANYTHING with a stimulant, and she said that it does not have one in it. Some things have the garnicia stuff that is a stimulant, so I have to stay away from that or end up in the ER.

I also ordered Omega Essential Fatty Acids, which are being promoted by the Zone diet for helping heal the body and help it let go of weight.

Weird that I went thru a 20,000 dollar surgery and still spend money on Vitamins...