Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nykee's food log till fill time.

Jan 21

8pm

Cream of mushroom Soup, whole can

1 cup 1% Milk

9pm

1 cup chocolate milk (nesquick)

10pm

1 reses Peanut Butter cup (2 cups in one pack)

1 mini hershey kisses bag

1 cup Milk

12am

half of a small 7-11 taquito thingie

Cheetos.. 2 servings

1 cup Chocolate Milk

FITDAY approximations

2400 calories

107 fat

278 carb

69 Protein

Jan 22

9pm

Cheetos, 2 servings ( I thought a serving was 11 cheetos.. its 30 cheetos.. SO I am changing this to 2 instead of 4!)

2 cups nesquick chocolate milk

11pm

chicken Curry

Homemade with carrots, onion, potatoe, lite coconut milk and red curry paste.

2 cups 1% milk

Fitday approximations

1364 calories

54 fat

143 carbs

80 Protein

jan 23 today

11am

5 cheese fish crackers

1pm

I was able to eat at this time cuz I didnt sleep last night and I was active before with appointments at 9am and erronds.

Izzys Bufffet

4 cups of cream of broccolli Soup (minus most the broccoli)

3 cups 2% milk

5 tablespoons chocolate Syrup

1/2 cup vanilla ice milk

2 ounces sprite

1/3 cup mashed potatoes

4 tablespoons chicken gravy

Half a chicken nugget (and then spit out)

4 bites of ribs, chewed and spit out

Small wedge watermellon

Small wedge pineapple

packet of sugar

2 bites cottage cheese

3 sppons of broth only of the chicken noodle soup

one bite of seafood salad with olive and celery only

2 bites of large cruton dipped in thousand island

2 am (now, I just woke up from hours of sleeping.. thus cant have much more than alittle juice)

2 ounces grape juice.

fitday approximations (NOT fun, having to do those Izzy'z foods..lol)

2000 calories

57 fat

319 carbs

Protein... 64

Nykee

I find your topic usefull. It allows me to gauge what amount of food I can take. I know we are all different but I just had no idea what amount of food we were talking about after banding. I'm not banded yet but will be in 2 weeks time.

Anna

your welcome... I dont eat right AT ALL.. but I will always be truthfull..

I am getting a fill and I am gonna try to eat better at that time and want to get an idea of my habits now.. cuz they are sure to change.

I am hoping for a nice tight fill..

But what I did in the past with a nice tight fill was:

Eat Tomatoe Soup EVERY day..(1 to 2 cans a day) and milk and juice.

The other things I would often have were sherbert (a few bites to a couple cups) and mashed potatoes and gravy from KFC, (none or half or even a whole one a day)

Then lots of cheetos and Cookies with lots of milk at night when my fill wasnt so tight.

Soooo

This time, MY goals are:

chicken stew broth instead of the tomatoe soup (homemade so it will be kinda thick like tomatoe soup and yummier than in a can kind)

Mushed up stew instead of the mashed potaotes and gravy. (I am making a large batch with celery, carrots, onion, NO POTATOE, and chicken and broth.. the mush will include everything but the chicken)

I will drink the milk and juice as I can.. (I am addicted.. lol)

And at night I plan to try to STAY away from the cheetos and Cookies by filling up on the stew with the chicken (I am having this all prepared and frozen and ready to go).. maybe some fat free salteens for crunch..

And lite sherbert and sugar free fruit bars.. freezer treats.

And I KNOW this is stupid to have as a goal.. BUt I am throwing away my huge thing of nesquick.. for whitch I cannot control having tons of with milk at this time.. and buying a bag of mini reses peanutbutter cups and making a RULE.. only 5 a day..

LOLOL.. HEY, I KNOW MYSELF.,.. and I wont be unrealistic..

These reses will be my THING that tells me NOT to get the other junk.. it IS my junk.. (I HOPE IT WORKS)

Anyway, thats my plan.. as I post after my fill.. WE will see what happens.

I dont lie.. (on boards like EVER)

So yes... there ARE days..exactly as I listed them to be..

and Its quiet at night.. so thats when I relax and come alive.. lol

I been having sleeping problems for a few weeks. so my eating times are strictly limeted since my band needs hours and hours to unswell after i wake up.. and if I nap all the time.. its kinda hard to eat.

I Do take one drink of milk or juice with a pill everyday around 7am to 9am (a kid brings it to me in a dixie cup, 1/4 full.. and I only take the one drink needed to down the pill.. Otherwise I have to wait till I have been up a bunch of hours.

OTHERWISE.. before these sleeping problems..

I had two patterns... thoroughout the week, alternating..

Pattern one:

7am to 9am.. awake, one drink of juice

9am to noon...asleep

Noon to 3pm...erronds, tv .. drinking milk or juice.. Soup maybe

3pm... 7pm..awake strart to eat something, soup for sure..

7pm to 10 pm... awake ...trying to eat food..

10 pm to 2am.. either asleep OR awake.. munching on crap

And two:

IF asleep than I awake at 2am to 3am and eat and get on computer or watch tv... till about 6am

IF on computer till 6am than I would sleep from like 9am to 3pm.. and all the food eating is done later in the day

AS these alternate.. there are many days I dont eat or drink anything till 7pm.. OR I eat once a day.

there..

lol, i answeered your question and self talked my way through my sleeping habits.. I mean the best I can

See.. NOw its 4am..

I been up since 1am

I slept from 5pm to 1am

I am thinking of trying to have some Cookies I bought today at safeway (as I am having last meal syndrome goin on since my fill is coming up)

Thats only three hours.. BUT its at night..

My band seems to know when its night too..

Cuz when i went to Izzys.. I had been up a long long long time and I was still pretty restrticted for it being so long since I was up.. I figured it was cuz of the time of day (DOES That even make sence)

SOoooooooooo.. cuz no kid is up to get me any Cookies and milk.. I prolly wont have any.

BUT...

NOW I am thinking.. HAve some, have some, have some..

I am actually even hungry (something new to me)

I mean i didnt eat since 14 hours ago , so thats normal

So.. JUSTIFICATION TIME.. LOOK AT ME talk myself into it below..

this is my thread and I am gonna see IF and how many cookies and milk I can even eat.... after only being up for 3 hours after a hard long sleep of 6 hours..(i wasnt asleep the whole time)

NOW,.,. if it was morning.. lets say I had woke at 6am.. I could NOT eat cookies at 9am (THIS I KNOW for a fact)

So.. IF I CAN NOW (which I think I can)

Then it should proove Its not only the amount of hours I have been awake.. but also the actual time of day?/

Grrrrr

Here I go to crack open those Peanut Butter cookies.. the only cups we have are dixie cups (I dont wash dishes, not even ONE.. lol.. it hurts to stand there AND grabt he milk AND walk there)

guess what

I am going to bed.. (not having cookies)

Its cold in here

and our electric bill was 279$

and I am too lazy to get to the kitchen..

Sooo.. Goooood for me I am so lazy

LOL

Plus I am trying really hard to get a normal sleeping pattern going.

GOOD NIGHT

I will try to cut out the sweet things, I'm more of a savory person anyway so that should be easy enough. If I can cut out bread and butter I'd be happy.

Anna

Nykee, I know you've heard this before but I'm going to say it again. PLEASE try to get more Protein in! Do you like cheese? Instead of crap try eating cheese, cold cuts, yogurt, Beans, decent food. I can't imagine what your nutrition levels are like with what you say you're eating, and that probably has a lot to do with your lack of energy and inability to sleep normally.

Why do you think you need a fill? If you're restricted so much that you literally cannot eat until evening, you do not need a fill. What you do need to do is get a decent assortment of food in your house so you will start giving your body what it needs to heal and improve. Designing a liquid diet for after a "nice, tight fill" just defeats what the band is all about.

This is said with all the respect and affection I have, seriously, I know you can get control if you want to. You've come so far already and now it's time to get smarter about this process. Don't get a fill--change your shopping list. :hug:

Nykee, I know you've heard this before but I'm going to say it again. PLEASE try to get more Protein in!

>>>>>Milk has 10 grams per cup.. I get 40 to 60 to 80 in at least a day.

Do you like cheese? Instead of crap try eating cheese, cold cuts, yogurt, Beans, decent food.

>>>>>>I do try, beleive it or not..

I can't imagine what your nutrition levels are like with what you say you're eating, and that probably has a lot to do with your lack of energy and inability to sleep normally.

>>>>>Your right of course. I dont know, I have always ate badly.

Why do you think you need a fill? If you're restricted so much that you literally cannot eat until evening, you do not need a fill.

>>>>>>>I lost 30 pounds with my good fill last time and NOTHING since It loosed up thats why.

What you do need to do is get a decent assortment of food in your house so you will start giving your body what it needs to heal and improve.

>>>>>>>I buy the right stuff EACh and every month.. I DO.. but theres always a little store on the corner full of crap.

Designing a liquid diet for after a "nice, tight fill" just defeats what the band is all about.

>>>Well, Its what has worked for me and I am terrifired of it not working for me...

This is said with all the respect and affection I have, seriously, I know you can get control if you want to.

>>>>>>I know it is.. and I Do appreciate it.. I am sorry I dont havet he answers you like.. (or anyone would like) and I am defensive.. I want to be honest here and have this place for my journey and I know I am not doing the right thing...

You've come so far already and now it's time to get smarter about this process.

>>>>>>>>I only lost weight during drastic measures and all I care about it is losing weight any way i can..(right now its all I can find the way to do)

Don't get a fill--change your shopping list.

>>>>>>>>Oh.. I wish it were so simple.. SOMEDAY.. (I hope)

Jan. 24

4AM

Last night before I went to sleep I had two Cookies with no milk. They gave me the weird feeling for about 5 minutes (no extra saliva or slime) and One hiccup and it was gone..

So, NO.. If I had tried to have milk and Cookies last night it wouldnt have worked. So that solved that experiment.. I am including those two cookies in my FITday calculations for today.

3pm.... one drink of grape juice

6pm.....1/3 cup tomatoe Soup, 3 ounce 1% milk.

9:30....1 cup tomatoe Soup, 2 tbs parm cheese, 9 ounces milk

later

8 cookies.. Peanut Butter, safeway select. (no milk)

3 cups grape juice.< /p>

Cheetos.. about one and half servings (45 cheetos)

1/2 cup strawberry ice cream

1/2 cup maple nut ice cream

2 cookies, 1 cup 1% milk.

calories: 2751

fat: 118

carb: 366

Protein 74

THIS WAS A REALLY REALLY BAD DAY FOR ME. I just pigged out..

I hate to admit how I eat.. but OH well

I REALLY DO plan to do alot better after my fill!!

This is my plan or goal for tomarrow..

Finish the cheetos.. one serving left

4 Cookies max

Fininsh the tomatoe Soup (about 2 cups)

make the lasnague in the freezer and eat it with some vegtable medley also in the freezer.

Milk and grape juice of course..

Good luck to myself.

Nykee,

I have a suggestion for your juice. I know you are addicted to the stuff, and milk, but it's just an idea. Actually 2 ideas. The first idea is to cut your juice half and half with Water. The juice flavor doesn't get that weak, and you'd be lowering your calories that much more (while getting in some water). The other idea is this stuff called "Water Sensations". It's got no calories, and you just drop it in a bottle of Water and it gives it a lot of flavor. They have grape flavor and berries flavor, etc. I ordered it online, and when I use it I get all of my water in for the day.

I have read about other people who use the band in such a way that they are pretty much on a liquid diet. That appears to work for you as well, but I think that Alex makes a good point about your nutrition. The milk gives you protien, but you should probably make sure you are taking some kind of multi Vitamin. Also, if you go to the doctor for your wierd sleepiness as of late, you should have them check your blood and see if you need anything you aren't getting. (Regarding your sleep, have your pain pill levels checked, since you have lost weight, you probably shouldn't need as much as you were taking).

Maybe you could switch from cheetos to rice cakes or something? They make some pretty good flavored rice cake Snacks these days that aren't too high in calories, and you can eat more of those for the same amount of calories than you could of cheetos. I know you are having a terrible time changing your habits, but maybe if you could change the things you eat with those same habits you would do a little better? I'm having a tough time with the nighttime snacking demon myself lately. :cake: