Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone had to deal with the band system in a leagal way?

I have had more than one problem with the tube comming apart from the port. There was a recall on the realize bands for this exact reason. Iv talked to lawers, but no one thinks they can help me. Im sure something can be done, right? Its their fault, not mine or the doctors. Just wondering if anyone has to deal with the leagal part of them?

No problems at all. Why is it the first thing people think of is a lawyer!!!!??? Unless you are seriously hurt or in terrible pain I don't see a need to sue~!

I have not either. But I think my band is leaking. Matter of fact it is the only logical explanation since I have waaayyyyyy less in it now than I did a year ago. Is there no warranty? I was wondering about the same type things you are. Hope someone has some answers.

Why would you need to sue? We are all told several things (slip, flip, erosion) that can happen before surgery. If you can eat more or easier than before it happens- stretching and such. This society is way too quick to want to sue

A malfunction from the factory should not cost us. Slippage, erosion, etc are things we were warned about. But faulty equipement is not the same thing in my opinion. I am not wanting to sue. Just hoping they will pick up the cost if it is due to equipement being faulty.

I am sure if the band manufacturer is aware of a problem that they would take care of it

No problems at all. Why is it the first thing people think of is a lawyer!!!!??? Unless you are seriously hurt or in terrible pain I don't see a need to sue~!

I am in serious pain, severe as a matter of fact! Im not one who would just sue. This is a manufacturer problem, and they dont want to pay for the repair, and this will be my 2nd repair!!!

You have no clue what iv been thru, the pain, the job loss, not being able to play with my kids...

I knew the risks. This is a faulty band, one that has been recalled for the exact reason thats causing my problems. So im not out to sue for the heck of it. You may want think before you type!

I have not either. But I think my band is leaking. Matter of fact it is the only logical explanation since I have waaayyyyyy less in it now than I did a year ago. Is there no warranty? I was wondering about the same type things you are. Hope someone has some answers.

I really hope you get the answers you are looking for. Good luck

Why would you need to sue? We are all told several things (slip, flip, erosion) that can happen before surgery. If you can eat more or easier than before it happens- stretching and such. This society is way too quick to want to sue

Im not JUST wanting to sue. Why would I need to sue you asked, well, here is why..

My band brand was recalled because the tube came apart from the port very easy. Well, that is exactly what has happend to me, not once, but twice now. We have contacted the manufacturer, and they dont feel its their fault and wont pay for my next surgery!

This whole time, iv been in severe pain because of the pain the tube is causing in my stomach.I knew the risks of the band. This is a diff problem. So im not part of your "society" who just want to sue for the heck of it. I think they should pay for my repairs and they dont, so im taking it to the next step!!!

A malfunction from the factory should not cost us. Slippage, erosion, etc are things we were warned about. But faulty equipement is not the same thing in my opinion. I am not wanting to sue. Just hoping they will pick up the cost if it is due to equipement being faulty.

Y ou are right, thats what im getting at. I knew the risks, but this is the manufacturer fault!!! They should pay to fix it, this will be my 2nd repair. Im hoping to get a new band altogether cause this one has came apart from the port twice now. I think a new one is needed. They even recalled some of the bands for this reason, yet they still say its not their place to pay for the surgery and new band! Iv never even talked to a lawer before. I feel strong about this and people can think im being a brat all they want.

All i want is for them to pick up the cost because IT IS due to a faulty.band

If it was a known manufacturer problem then why stay with Realize and not go with lapband or sleeve? I wasn't trying to offend so jumping all over me is uncalled for. If you are in that much pain- have it removed

I am sure if the band manufacturer is aware of a problem that they would take care of it

My tube has came apart from my port twice now. I know they had a recall on my brand of bands also.

The manufacturer does know and they said they wont take care of it, its not their problem.

I guess that is corporate America for you - they don't want to accept responsibility for their action - I would check around on the 'net (not just here) for people with similar probs and see how they remedied it

I guess that is corporate America for you - they don't want to accept responsibility for their action - I would check around on the 'net (not just here) for people with similar probs and see how they remedied it

well, thank you for understanding :)

some of the other ppl on here thinks im a bad person for turing to the courts for help. if it was a risk related to the band like were told, it that would be one thing, but this is totaly dif.

If it was a known manufacturer problem then why stay with Realize and not go with lapband or sleeve? I wasn't trying to offend so jumping all over me is uncalled for. If you are in that much pain- have it removed

I got offended because of the way you made it sound like it was me wanting to sue.

Im going with lapband instead of realize. I am in pain, but I need this to help me get rid of the weight. If I take it out, which may later have to be done, it will all have been for nothing!!!!!

Due to the problem, it is a faulity band and its the manufactures fault. I think they should pay for the surgery and they dont?