Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I need an unfill help please

My surgeons office closes at noon tomorrow and my surgeon is in surgery all day tomorrow.

I got .5 cc's added on Tuesday. Since then I haven't been able to eat anything-even ice cream got stuck and came up. Today I've had like 8 cups of hot coffee and some hot tea. Hot, thin liquids are all I can get down and I have to sip those. I've tried eating but I throw up everytime. A while ago I took 2 tiny pills with some hot tea. They went down fine but I now have pressure in my chest and tons of slime.

It's possible in so tight due to the swelling. I threw up within an hour of my fill and I've thrown up 10 or 12 times since then.

I'm thinking with the weekend here I should just get some removed instead. What do you think?

Omg. All of your posts are you getting fills and then asking if you need an unfill. Didn't you make a thread last week saying you maybe need an unfill, then you got a fill? :blink: Obviously you're too tight, unless you want to live off of liquids/sliders.

No actually it was like a month ago. A month ago I got a fill and was super tight so I went back to the doctor. He said I wasn't too tight I just needed to eat slower and let the swelling go down. I did that and within a week I was able to eat bread and chicken again- I haven't been able to eat those in months. So Tuesday I saw my doc again and he said my band needed to be tighter and he added a .5 cc. Since then icant even get a shake down.

You could have some swelling from all the throwing up, but shakes should go down always. So should icecream really. You would be shocked at how much better things are even with .1 taken out. If you can't get the doc to take some out after he finishes his surgeries tomorrow (or between surgeries), you should stick with ice cold liquid to get the swelling to go down. I know many use hot liquids in the mornings when they are tight, but swelling needs cold.

Can you eat a popsicle?

I can eat a Popsicle but no more than half of one. More than that and I throw up.

eat half, then stick it back in the freezer ...... then in a little bit eat the other half ....

This is why they have us use ice packs after surgery ..... to get the swelling to go down. Just like putting ice on a swollen knee ...... I would stick with ice cold until you can get a tiny bit taken out ....maybe tomorrow?

I would call your doc.'s office and see if they can squeeze you in. Like said above, maybe he will see you inbetween surgeries or after. I think you need a slight unfill. In the mean time, I have found watered down shakes stay down when I have been too tight after a fill. Hope you feel better soon.

Oh gosh. I was up at 3 am throwing up and with my chest/back hurting. I called the office just now and the nurse told me that the surgeon is busy in surgery all day and that I'm probably just tight from swelling. She told me to keep doing liquids and she will let him know and see what he says.

Liquids are all I can do, nothing else goes down and I can't imagine having to feel this way until Monday. I told her I could meet him at the hospital if need be. I'm fine with that. I just want some relief. She said she would tell him that but that it's possible I don't need an unfill.

I don't know how your surgeon's office works but is there not someone other than the surgeon who could do an unfill? At my surgeon's office, there are two surgeons and a PA who can all do fills and unfills (the PA does the majority of them)...yours may operate differently but it seems like a PA or nurse should be able to do it...

I have never been tight for a long period of time so I have no experience with it, but possibly sticking to warm liquids (tea, etc) will help you at least get something down so you don't get dehydrated...

I do have a question for you...and this is not in any way meant to be mean, I just want to understand...why do you feel like if you can eat chicken or bread then you need a fill? I have only had one fill in the 5 months since surgery (I am happy with my band on the loose side) and I guess I am trying to understand why you feel like you need to be that tight.

Because when I can eat chicken and bread I'm also hungry all the time.

For now my surgeon says to stick to liquids and he will see me on Monday.

Hungry all the time I can understand ;) . I know everyone has to find their own comfort level with how tight to keep their band...I just wanted to try to understand another perspective. Thanks!

I'm glad he can see you on Monday (too bad it couldn't be sooner).

Good luck - I hope you feel better...

While I'm waiting for an unfill- what is all this foamy stuff I keep burping up? Today I have had 2 cups of coffee all day and that's it, I'm burping a lot though and it's foamy stuff. Why is that and what can I do for it?

While I'm waiting for an unfill- what is all this foamy stuff I keep burping up? Today I have had 2 cups of coffee all day and that's it, I'm burping a lot though and it's foamy stuff. Why is that and what can I do for it?

That is "slime".

If your coffee is warm or hot, you are only making the swelling worse.

That is "slime".

If your coffee is warm or hot, you are only making the swelling worse.

The coffee goes down with less pain than cold liquids though. I can't wait for Monday to come! On a side note after hovering between 173 and 175 for weeks now I hit 169 today. Of course I know it's just from not eating at all.

Try warm ! If cold isn't working for you, and hot isn't. Then try lukewarm.

You know when you get filled you are suppose to stay on liquids for 2 1/2 to 3 days.

If you eat, it causes swelling.

Then mushies for a day.

So try to sip liquids, and I hope your better by Monday.