Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss for April bandsters anyone?

Banded on the 15th. Decided to weigh myself and I am down 12.5 pounds. Not from surgery day- I was very dehydrated from laxative night before- but from the morning of the 14th. Anyone else jumped on the scale yet? I am eating around 750-850 calories a day and getting in 58-65 grams of Protein. typical diet for me is 1 yogurt, 4 oz of non fat watered down refried Beans with a piece of cheese melted into it, cup of green monster juice, 26gram protein bullet, 17g eas carb lite Protein Shake, sugar free pudding, and of course Water and crystal light. Sometimes will have a soft boiled egg, 2 tbs of cream of wheat and 2 table spoons of apple sauce for Breakfast. I am also up to 2.5 mile walks.

Banded on the 15th. Decided to weigh myself and I am down 12.5 pounds. Not from surgery day- I was very dehydrated from laxative night before- but from the morning of the 14th. Anyone else jumped on the scale yet? I am eating around 750-850 calories a day and getting in 58-65 grams of Protein. typical diet for me is 1 yogurt, 4 oz of non fat watered down refried Beans with a piece of cheese melted into it, cup of green monster juice, 26gram Protein bullet, 17g eas carb lite protein shake, sugar free pudding, and of course Water and crystal light. Sometimes will have a soft boiled egg, 2 tbs of cream of wheat and 2 table spoons of apple sauce for breakfast. I am also up to 2.5 mile walks.

Since March 26th when I started my pre op and then banded on 4/4 I am done 30! I have been walking 2 miles a day then on my feet all day at work. Eating wise I am using a lot of lap band freindly reciepes. Here is one of my favorite breakfast ones. It keeps me full for at least 4 hours!

"Love Your LAP-BAND®" Blueberry pancakes

logo.gif</IMG>Recipe submitted by Tricia Morrison

large</IMG>Rated: stars4.gif</IMG> (5)

• Serving size: 2 pancakes
  • Recipe makes: 5

Ingredients

2 eggs

1 cup low-fat cottage cheese

1/2 small ripe banana

2 Tablespoons Splenda

1 cup uncooked quick one-minute oats

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 cup blueberries frozen or fresh

sugar-free Blackberry Maple Syrup (recipe can be found in LAP-BAND® recipes)

Directions

1.) In a food processor or blender, add eggs and pulse to beat. (Unfortunately a hand-held mixer will NOT work! Only a food processor or blender will smooth down the batter into a pancake consistency). Next, add cottage cheese, banana, and Splenda, processing or blending until cottage cheese is smooth. Then, add the oats, baking powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Process until well-combined. Stir in blueberries.

2.) Heat a flat skillet or griddle over medium heat. Coat skillet with nonstick cooking spray.

3.) Using a large spoon, ladle, or cookie scoop, pour in about 1/4 cup of batter for one pancake. Cook each pancake about 3 minutes per side. Serve with sugar-free Blackberry Maple Syrup, or your favorite sugar-free syrup. "Love Your LAP-BAND®" Blueberry pancakes also taste great on their own!

Serving Size 2 pancakes

Recipe makes 5 servings

Amount Per Serving

Calories 150Calories from Fat 35Total Fat 3.5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 90gSodium 250gTotal Carbohydrate 21gDietary Fiber 3gSugars 6gProtein 10g

Enjoy....my 17 and 12 year olds like this one too!!

I was banded on 4/21 and am down 7 lbs since that morning. From my pre-op, on 4/14, I am down 17. Yesterday was horrible, but today I feel human again, and am just getting to know what "hungry" actually feels like. I can't wait for mushies. My God, cottage cheese makes my mouth water!

Hey everyone!

I was banded on 4/18 - a week from today and I am down 10 pounds! I am really struggling with the diet though and have cheated almost everyday. I know it's not good but I am hungry sooooooooooo much!!! Now when I say I have cheated, I don't mean on T-Bone Steaks and Chops! I have eaten crackers, applesauce and a jelly bean. I hope this won't ffect me too much. My first post-op appointment is on Wednesday and I plan to be honest and tell the surgeon everything!!

I was banded on the 12th so tomorrow is my 2 week date- I've lost 15 pounds since surgery! Woot! My husband keeps yelling at me to stop weighing myself every day but it's sort of hard not to laugh.gif In the last week I was having days where I barely had more than my shakes but the satisfaction I was getting every time I ate isn't lasting as long as it was then... I was thinking "gosh if this is me without any liquid in the band, I'll barely need a fill at all" but I guess as the swelling decreases, food is passing through the band quicker. A normal day for me so far is around 800 calories, 70-80g Protein.

Tomorrow's my first post op check in and I'm crossing my fingers that I get the all clear to move to mushy foods. I'd just like to chew stuff every once in a while.

I am afraid to weight myself still.. i was banded on 4/21 so only a few days ago, and I figure I probably still have some weight from all the iv Fluid and swelling.. I think ill have my first official weigh in at the 1 week mark

Nice to hear how everyone is doing!!!! Thanks Brenda 62 for that recipe.:) I broke down this afternoon and had a mocha frappacino-light. My husband was at Starbucks... I went online and saw that it was only 140 cal for 16oz. So I cheated and had a 12oz one. I also cheated on Easter and had a bite of mashed up potato salad and a bite or 2 of tuna salad. I remember when I could just pile it on my plate! I think I am going to be psycho about the scale as i just weighed weighed myself AGAIN and weigh 1.5 pounds more. My husband told me if I start getting crazy with it he is going to hide it lol!. I hope to be down to 214 by friday.I am going to officiallystart mushies on Thursday.....I start work on wednesday and am on my feet so hopefully between that and my walks I will be there. I know it is going to slow down...as long as I don't gain weight back, I will be happy.

Congrats to everyone on your weight loss so far.. good job!

I was banded on 4/11 and have lost 10 pounds since the surgery and had lost 15 pounds during the pre-op diet. I started eating solid foods about four days after my surgery - I told the surgeon during the follow up and he said as long as I was feeling up to it it was fine. I noticed over the last week that the swelling from the surgery must be going down because like some of you have mentioned I have been hungrier.

I emailed the nurse at the surgeon's office because I was worried about how hungry I was and my weight had gone up a few pounds (they have come back off ..whew) she said it is normal between the swelling going down the first fill to be hungrier and I just have to be disciplined.

I was down 11 pounds on surgery day and go to have the staples out tomorrow. So we will see, I refuse to weigh myself more than once every 2 weeks.

I was banded on the 20th and Wed. it will be a week. I am still so sore and swollen and a lot of shoulder pain. Not hungry at all but have been making myself drink the Protein shakes. Very rainy here so have been going to Walmart to walk. lol Don't go to work till Thursday so have a few more days to feel better.

Has anyone else had trouble sleeping? I cannot sleep on my back so anywhere from 2 to 4 am I am wide awake. I can finally get out of bed on my own. Usually finish sleeping in my comfy chair. Haven't had any trouble in the bathroom thank heaven.

Nice to hear how everyone is doing!!!! Thanks Brenda 62 for that recipe.:) I broke down this afternoon and had a mocha frappacino-light. My husband was at Starbucks... I went online and saw that it was only 140 cal for 16oz. So I cheated and had a 12oz one. I also cheated on Easter and had a bite of mashed up potato salad and a bite or 2 of tuna salad. I remember when I could just pile it on my plate! I think I am going to be psycho about the scale as i just weighed weighed myself AGAIN and weigh 1.5 pounds more. My husband told me if I start getting crazy with it he is going to hide it lol!. I hope to be down to 214 by friday.I am going to officiallystart mushies on Thursday.....I start work on wednesday and am on my feet so hopefully between that and my walks I will be there. I know it is going to slow down...as long as I don't gain weight back, I will be happy.

I had my daughter hide my scale! I have her bring it out Monday mornings and them take it back. I know when I lost weight on Atkins I go rid of my scale and would swing by my docs office every two weeks and use theirs!!

I had my daughter hide my scale! I have her bring it out Monday mornings and them take it back. I know when I lost weight on Atkins I go rid of my scale and would swing by my docs office every two weeks and use theirs!!

As of today, I've lost 18 pounds on the pre-op diet (I did a whole MONTH of Protein shakes :blink: ) and another 3 since then.

I'm 4 days post-surgery, and I was hungry within an hour of getting up. So I broke out another shake. Yesterday, about half of a shake would fill me up, so I'm not yet eating as much as I was pre-surgery. Good thing because I was in pre-op hell for a while.

So far so good!

Still holding at 12.5 pounds...Keep flucuating between 216 and 217. I think my body is compensating for all the weight being lost in 7 days. I also started back to work and the new phase of my diet-soft foods. I had my post op appoinment on thursday as was told that I could start incorporating them into my diet. Think that is why my weight is in a holding pattern. I also got the go ahead to start back on the arc trainer, so today will be my first day on that! I walked 2 miles today (i didn't exercise for the past 3 days due to work and appoinments, but at least at work i probably walk 3 or 4 miles a shift.) Will weigh myself monday and hope that I have broken thru the plateau. I go in for my first fill on May 12th.