Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate Chocolate!

If only this was true.....

Today i hate chocolate because it is everywhere in the form of Easter eggs and i can not resist its temptation. I was to start a chocolate detox but that has gone out the window with Easter here. Now i feel awful, physically and mentally from eating more than just a little.. Oh well, there is always next week to start a fresh.

Happy Easter everyone.

If only this was true.....

Today i hate chocolate because it is everywhere in the form of Easter eggs and i can not resist its temptation. I was to start a chocolate detox but that has gone out the window with Easter here. Now i feel awful, physically and mentally from eating more than just a little.. Oh well, there is always next week to start a fresh.

Happy Easter everyone.

Well, I was about to tell you off for talking bad about the very love of my life! I hate candy (I mean those sugar-based candies like gummies. In Canada, we don't refer to chocolate as candy, but I think Americans call it a "candy bar"). But I love chocolate. Who doesn't? That's why I was so shocked when I saw your post-title.

Why wait for next week to get back on the wagon? I think that if you make a mistake, continue on with your day as if it never happened, but with the knowledge that you aren't going to let it happen again (well, soon). This way, you avoid turning your one mistake into a weekend binge-fest.

Is the detox a mental challenge for you or do you feel that chocolate is really a toxin in your body? I think it would be really interesting as a test of my will-power. I don't know how long I would last though. I haven't eaten chocolate in two weeks, but that's just because I'm too lazy to go to the grocery store (when I do, I only buy One Bar a week). If it was off-limits, I think I'd start fantasizing about chocolate for every meal of the day. Chocolate bars, brownies, chocolate chip Cookies. Aren't you worried that it'll just make your attachment to chocolate stronger once the detox is over? Also, I don't know if you know, but there are some pretty awesome no-sugar chocolates for diabetics. There's one that's like a no-sugar version of skors. Pretty good and really low-cal. Obviously, this isn't for your detox, but just in case you later wanted a healthier albeit chocolatey option.

I know what you mean! Since being banded I have started bucking traditions. My daughters kinder teacher asked for 12 plastic eggs filled with candy from each student. My daughter and I stared at the bags of candy at Walmart, I was worried. Lol I thought how much candy would be left sitting in my house! So I decided to put bouncy balls and rings in the eggs. My daughter was happy with that.

For my daughter she likes sweet tarts, nerds, skittles she's not so much into chocolate. So the Easter Bunny has gotten her a little bit of candy and ear rings, a little necklace, a new dress, nail polish, all girlie stuff. Then I got some squinkies to put in the plastic eggs. So not so bad on my diet! Lol

No easter dinner either, after she hunts eggs we are spending the day at the zoo. I'm working the diet system! Lol

Birinak,

The more chocolate i eat the more i crave(it is a carbs thing), so i am going to stop chocolate, or as someone else on here described, detox from chocolate. The idea is to stop the cycle and then when you feel you have control again you can have the occasional treat.

Why wait for next week to get back on the wagon? I think that if you make a mistake, continue on with your day as if it never happened, but with the knowledge that you aren't going to let it happen again (well, soon). This way, you avoid turning your one mistake into a weekend binge-fest.

My week end has already spiraled out of control. My 20 year old son is home for a week and we stocked up on Snacks for him and his friends who have been visiting and he came home with 2 dozen crispy creams as well (we dont get them in Adelaide). I went for a fill last Tuesday thinking that would certainly prevent me from over doing things over easter, but Doc couldn't get into my port again and i have to wait till next week to get it done under xray. On top of that we have a 5 day week end due to ANZAC day tomorrow and shops only open one of those days so needed to stock up, so there is lots of food in the house.

On a positive note i headed to the gym yesterday and had a good work out and i will do the same tomorrow.

Jenn,

Great ideas. My kids are teenagers though and i couldn't get away with that and i have always believed Easter is about Easter and have refused to purchase "presents" rather than Easter eggs.

I just need to learn to be stronger and keep evil chocolate out of my house.

And chocolate is evil, it calls to me and entices me and promises to make me feel good - but it doesn't. I need to be stronger....... Chocolate is my greatest weakness.

Birinak,

The more chocolate i eat the more i crave(it is a carbs thing), so i am going to stop chocolate, or as someone else on here described, detox from chocolate. The idea is to stop the cycle and then when you feel you have control again you can have the occasional treat.

My week end has already spiraled out of control. My 20 year old son is home for a week and we stocked up on Snacks for him and his friends who have been visiting and he came home with 2 dozen crispy creams as well (we dont get them in Adelaide). I went for a fill last Tuesday thinking that would certainly prevent me from over doing things over easter, but Doc couldn't get into my port again and i have to wait till next week to get it done under xray. On top of that we have a 5 day week end due to ANZAC day tomorrow and shops only open one of those days so needed to stock up, so there is lots of food in the house.

On a positive note i headed to the gym yesterday and had a good work out and i will do the same tomorrow.

Jenn,

Great ideas. My kids are teenagers though and i couldn't get away with that and i have always believed Easter is about Easter and have refused to purchase "presents" rather than Easter eggs.

And chocolate is evil, it calls to me and entices me and promises to make me feel good - but it doesn't. I need to be stronger....... Chocolate is my greatest weakness.

Different strokes I reckon! I am not a religous person so I make Easter what I want. And for me no candy in large amounts in the house. I don't eat eggs, nor my daughter so we don't have much left after that. Sure is fun watching her eyes light up! Lol

Different strokes I reckon! I am not a religous person so I make Easter what I want. And for me no candy in large amounts in the house. I don't eat eggs, nor my daughter so we don't have much left after that. Sure is fun watching her eyes light up! Lol

I really miss that excitement of the kids on Easter morning (Christmas too). It is a shame they have to grow up sometimes!

Me too, urgh.

Seriously though, its ONE day. I didnt meant to eat as much as I did, nor did I need two hot cross Buns but its one day and tomorrow I will be back on the wagon. My rule for Easter is that whatever chocolate is left on Monday goes straight into the bin. Thankfully, I dont raid the kids' stashes, they dont tempt me. I will go for a long run tomorrow and avoid the scales for a few days until the damage has been undone. If I get on the scales and see a gain, that's when I tend to lose control a little.

Truly, for long term weight loss, its not the fact that you have these losses of control, binges, whatever you want to call them. Its what you do afterwards that counts. If you dont let it derail you completely, then one bad day is nothing in the scheme of things.

Jachut: you sound just like me....I kinda made a pig out of myself last night when I was filling all the eggs. I won't get back on the scales for probably a week so I don't have to stare at my indescretions ;) and I'll put in extra workout time as well. I agree about the overindulging....it's about handeling the fallout, not preventing it from ever happening again....

Birinak,

Jenn,

Who could blame you? I'd totally cave to crispy cremes if they were in my house. I could stop myself from buying them, but if they were right there... I'd be in trouble.

I agree, chocolate is evil. Especially when there is Peanut Butter involved...forget it, I'm sunk! I just keep remembering that I need to go wedding dress shopping soon so that's keeping me on track to a degree.