Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one use Peoria Surg. Group?

Dr Steven Marshal is doing my band on the 1st of Feb. Anyone recent have experience with them/him? Anything I should double check at my pre op appt. the day before? Thanks.

I live in Canton, so the closest I can have it done is Peoria. My dh is from Peoria, I'm from Fl. We moved here 5 years ago, so I don't know the dr's here that well. So I thought I would check here and see. I did do a search and found some post from 2004 but nothing really new. Does your sister post on here? How long has she had the band? Does she have any issues with the group? BTW you moved from Peoria? Now why on earth would you do that? lol I keep asking if we can move back to FL so I can thaw out. Thanks for replying and congrats on doing so well with your band. Lisa

My sister did Gastric Bypass. Not the same doctor but the same surgical group I believe. I could be wrong though. Are they up off of University Drive?

Yes, I moved out of the "armpit of america" about 6 years ago to Phoenix, Arizona. And praising the gods ever since. I still have some of my best friends there and the crappy rental slumlord houses so I do go back about once or twice a year.

OMG, you moved from Florida to Canton? Geez, what a culture shock you must be in. Are you from a small town in FL?

I lived in Peoria in adult years, but I went to Washington High across the river. Graduated in '90

Have you thought about St. Louis or Chicago for WLS options??? Only a few hours!

I wanted to get the band done in Peoria in case of complications I would be close to the dr that did it. That and I am new to the insurance and wasn't sure what would be covered. We have united health and they approved it pretty fast.

Some good friends of my dd's godmother moved to Phoenix a few years ago. The husband is in radio and in Jacksonville, FL went by the name Buzz on the country station. Don't know if he uses that name there or not.

And yes there is a culture shock moving here, I moved from a suburb of Jacksonville called Orange Park. OP has more people in it than Peoria. It kills me on the news when they have "survive the drive" There is no traffic here! lol

Have a friend that teaches at Washington now, but she would have been 15 in 90.

Hi! Can you tell me how you like the way things are going so far? I am going in to talk to Dr Marshall on the 31st and he is banding me on the 1st. Anything I need to do/ask before I have it done? Did they keep you overnight? Thanks for any info you can share.

Which Doc in the Peoria group is best for the band? I feel like sometimes they prefer to do the bypass.....want to make the right MD choice!!!

Any feedback is appreciated....

I have changed Doctors b/c while PSG is good at the initial intall they are not so good at patient relations. I now go to the Illinois Bariactric Center in Clinton,IL. My friend went to them first and had wonderful results and was always telling me about new info and their aproach to the band is 100% better. Each time you go to them you see a nutritionist, nurse practioner and the doctor. Even the way they do the fills is better.

At PSG I've had Debord remove a vein in my leg that was supposed to take 5-6 insisions and ended up with 18 and Marshall is a great surgeon but is terrible at taking with you instead of at you. They are more of a production line now that these surgeries are more main stream.

I do suggest you find a local support group and attend and ask their opinions of surgeons too.