Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reverse Abdominoplasty

I have the flab ABOVE my belly button, and pulling the skin down, doesn't touch that part. I was looking online and read something about the reverse abdominoplasty, where they pull it up, towards your breasts... There were few and far between articles on it, it said it was a fairly UNCOMMON procedure.. I am curious to know if anyone has had this, and how everthing went, results, etc... Please, and Thanks!

I have heard about it but not as a reverse abdominoplasty...I was disappointed after my TT to have all the skin and wrinkles still on my midriff, I wasn't told ahead of time.

Best wishes, Mimi

I am having a TT done next month. During the TT the belly button is cut around and detached from the skin and then the skin is pulled down. A new hole is made for the belly button and it it reconnected to the skin. Done this way there is no skin flab left above the belly button. Discuss this with your PS to be sure you are getting what you want.

This is where I have flab too - my lower belly is perfectly flat but I have a "sad' belly buttom. When I pull my stomach UP, I could be a stomach model, lol. But two PS here have told me this is never done, its not successful, the scar tends to be unsightly too becuase of where it is and how it has to be done, and generally it cant be hidden in a bikini.

I have not had this procedure done but I have talked to my doctor about it and he has shown me books written on this matter and before and after shots.

How I have seen it done is they kind of cut a stretched out m or w shape just under your boobs and pull the skin up. The incision goes from your one side to the other and looks quite small. The results photos I have seen look good.

Maybe if I have time I'll steal his book and snap a shot of what I have seen. I will also ask what it is called exactly ( maybe he knows it by a different name).

Reverse abdominoplasty is for the patients whose problem is limited to the upper abdomen and is performed with an incision under the breast and instead of being pulled down the skin is lifted. This procedure will have little effect on loose skin which is located below the button. The scars from surgery are normally hidden under the breast. The vertical component of incision is the disadvantage of this procedure.

Usha Rajagopal

I have the flab ABOVE my belly button, and pulling the skin down, doesn't touch that part. I was looking online and read something about the reverse abdominoplasty, where they pull it up, towards your breasts... There were few and far between articles on it, it said it was a fairly UNCOMMON procedure.. I am curious to know if anyone has had this, and how everthing went, results, etc... Please, and Thanks!

I just had this done a week ago along with brachioplasty and Breast lift with augmentation and it was the best decision. Virtually no pain for reverse TT and the scars are in the breast crease. Just make sure you chose a Dr who likes and is comfortable with this procedure. I interviewed and researched and found who I feel is the best the country in So Cal.

Zombie thread alert— Sorry!—but I'm wondering if anyone else has had luck with this reverse abdominoplasty procedure?

When I stand in front of the mirror and pull from just above my belly button up under my breasts it seems to not only remove the loose skin above the belly button but also pull up some of the loose skin from below the belly button.

It doesn't remove all the lower abdominal loose skin but it seems like it is enough to make the lower abdomen more of a mound shape than an overhang—something I could live with.

Is that a realistic sense of what this procedure might be capable of? I've found that some of my loose skin has reabsorbed in the few months at which I've maintained my current weight, but I still have a sort of double overhang shape above and below my belly button. It seems like this procedure would cause a minimum of visible scarring. It also seems like it might pair well with a minor breast lift?

Also, if you had it, how much did it cost you out of pocket? Has anyone found insurance to cover it in lieu of the panniculectomy?

@darcyjae a Fluer De Lis Tummy Tuck is the normal surgical technique used when patients have excess skin on both their upper and lower abdomen.