Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery 3/30/11 So nervous!

So I'm planning surgery for the end of the month on April, I have never had surgery So Im planning to take a week off of work. I work in a pharmacy so I stand for 8 hours a day. I have been reading something along the lines of self injections? is that true? anything or any other advice anyone can please give me is apreciated. i posted a forum but i havent gotten any responses lol so im getting antsy/nervous

Thanks so much ladies for all of your advice and support. The surgery is two days away and I'm having horrible butterflies but excited at the same time! How much weight have any of you lost so far? Any advice as for tolerable liquids after (post-op I mean)?

I am about 2 weeks out (2 weeks tomorrow) and honestly most of my pain is gone. I still have some shoulder gas pain every once in a while and where my port is, is a little sore but other than that I'm doing well. The day of surgery I didn't have pain at all but that's probably because I was hooked up to morphine and all the adrenaline was set in. The next day was my worst day but I slept and walked around a lot and that helped. From that day on it got better and better. Best of luck to you!!!

Got crappy news today ladies, I did all of this for nothing! I was supposed to be at the hospital for 7 am Wednesday morning to get my surgery and at about 2 pm today I got a call from the scheduler at the surgeon's office and because he's a new surgeon at the hospital it's being done at he has to have so many proctor hours in and be approved by a commitee and I guess he hasn't been approved yet so now I have to wait til' he is..at the end of April! UGH! I'm so frusturated! I've starved myself for the last five days for nothing! They are having a meeting in the morning to see if they can push me through. Please send prayers my way! Thanks so much!

Got crappy news today ladies, I did all of this for nothing! I was supposed to be at the hospital for 7 am Wednesday morning to get my surgery and at about 2 pm today I got a call from the scheduler at the surgeon's office and because he's a new surgeon at the hospital it's being done at he has to have so many proctor hours in and be approved by a commitee and I guess he hasn't been approved yet so now I have to wait til' he is..at the end of April! UGH! I'm so frusturated! I've starved myself for the last five days for nothing! They are having a meeting in the morning to see if they can push me through. Please send prayers my way! Thanks so much!

How about a Dr. to take his place, you know cover for him. They must have someone.

You want someone who's done this before to, right !

I guess he's new to this hospital, but did them all the time at a different hospital. You would think they would have someone to cover him, but unfortunately they don't. I'm so aggravated..and discouraged!

I guess he's new to this hospital, but did them all the time at a different hospital. You would think they would have someone to cover him, but unfortunately they don't. I'm so aggravated..and discouraged!

I would tell them, that they have to come up with someone, or refer me to someone.

You have been strung along !

I'll bet they do something.

I do feel strung along..I feel like everytime I come close to having this done I hit a brick wall and it knocks me down so far that I don't feel like I can carry on with this. It's not fair how someone can screw with your life like this. I have been doing this process for so long that it has to be my time already! UGH!! I couldn't imagine crushing someone's dream like this not even 48 hours before they were due for surgery. This isn't fair :( !

contact the hospital, his boss, (HE'S GOT ONE !) Contact a Attorney.. It might cost you a little something, but that's fraud ! Someone will listen to you, because you went through the whole system, and was scheduled for surgery...

So someone is accountable. If they so no,,, then sew the Dr... Because that's fraud, and how much have you paid?

This all adds up.

Get with them, or his boss Chief Surgeon, or Head of Clinic, or Hospital, and tell them this is unacceptable ! If they say no ! Tell them you will get a Lawyer and see what he will do about it.

I would call one of those that don't collect unless you win. You already one, because he wanted to perform the surgery, but,,,,, by law he couldn't. That's His Fault !

You think about this, you will see that it is right. No one wants to do this but if you have to go over his head, then do it.

Again I would talk to a Attorney just to see what he calls it (SO YOU KNOW !) Then go to work on the clinic.

Also let the Ins. Co. Know about this scam, they should do something about it.

Good Luck, Shirley.

Wow that's real frustrating and I'm sorry you had to go through this! Good luck with everything and keep us posted.

I'm getting LapBand on March 30th and I'm totally nervous. Are there any complications any of you have experienced that I should know about? I'm worried how I will feel after surgery, any advice?

Honestly in my opinion it's a breeze and probably one of the easiest I've ever experienced. I too was extremely nervous and almost walked out of the pre-op room if it wasn't for the terrific nurse I had. The liquid and mushy food stage were easy also. If you stick to what the doctor tells you, make sure you get your Protein in it should go well. I was back at work after just two days with no problems. good luck I'm sure it will go well for you!

Got good news ladies! Hospital administrator called me early this afternoon and kindly let me know that I am back on for tomorrow! AHHH!! I'm soooo excited to start my new life, but soooo incredibly nervous about anesthesia! I've been put under before, but I still get sooo nervous! What kind of pain meds do they give you and is it liquid? I'm afraid of choking on something. Any advice?

Got good news ladies! Hospital administrator called me early this afternoon and kindly let me know that I am back on for tomorrow! AHHH!! I'm soooo excited to start my new life, but soooo incredibly nervous about anesthesia! I've been put under before, but I still get sooo nervous! What kind of pain meds do they give you and is it liquid? I'm afraid of choking on something. Any advice?

walk walk walk walk and the gas pains will go away much faster I walked the next morning and never really experienced any pain.. good luck

They usually put you on a Morphine Pump. When you go home, you will crush whatever they give you.

Look on ebay if you want for a pill crusher. They are reasonable in price, and will come in very handy.

Congratulations ! ! ! Shirley.

I had my surgery yesterday and I'm feeling pretty good. The gas pain up in my shoulders is awful though! Any suggestions on how to get rid of it? I've tried walking but I keep getting light headed. Also, what did you guys have for the first couple of days after surgery food wise? I've only been able to take in applesauce and broth.< /p>