Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ok, so here it is, MY truth about the lap band....right now, anyway

Glad to see someone out there who has had some of the same issues, well not glad but I thought something was wrong with me...it made me sad, thinking I cant even do this right, down 52pds since Jan, my doctor thinks.."your ahead of the schedule"...I feel like to him I am a stat, and he dosent care that I miss food, I miss eating it and not barfing, today was a good day, nothing came back up, but these days are rare....... I am giving it till I am six months out and will decide, right now, i exercise 6 days a week, drink right....and we shall see.....

Good luck

Sounds like you two need unfills or new docotors. My doctor says you should never be sick unless you eat wrong and I find that true. I do miss eating sometimes like I use to but I don't miss the feeling of unhealthy. I would never trade this experince for anything and if anyone ask if they should do this, I would say do your research as it is a life change not a fade diet!

You're just going through what everyone goes through, you're scared and you're not sure how this is changing your life. food has always been your friend, and now that relationship is changing and your head needs to rethink this relationship. If you have groups you are part of or you can go to, please get involved. Don't beat yourself up and understand that if you just give yourself time, things will get better. You've had your band for less than a year, how long have you been overweight and hating yourself. I think you've done wonderful with a 120 lb loss, I've had my band a few years and I still haven't gotten off all the weight I need to lose but I am so thankful for this tool. I don't always do the right thing and yes sometimes I even question if I made the right decision to even have the band but then I realize that I couldn't have gotten to where I am today without this tool. Hang in there, talk with your professional support and just keep planning a day at a time and you'll be successful. C

so..

hi FOLKS!!

My name is Patty. I was banded July 1, 2010....and I will freely admit, the band has been a wonderful tool...I have lost 120 lbs, from May '10 till about 2 weeks ago......(50 lbs pre op)

so here's my (few) things

does anyone just start to think the band is now just a Pain?? I am soo sick of it right now...(granted I have been sick with strep for a few weeks, like bad, with cellulitis) and now my cycle, so it is bound to be tighter...but DAMN (sorry) it seems like EVERYTHING gets stuck...I had to pull over to puke up split pea Soup I made myself yesterday...(like a puree) I know I am in a mood, but I right now am tired of this!!

and this one is bigger than the band

so, we are food addicts. we all have to admit that. what happens when food isnt our drug anymore?? we switch addictions to???

and what happens when we lose more than 100 lbs + and well, then nothing changes.....so like, now what??

I know I'm expecting a lot outta that little piece o plastic in there, huh??

just tired I guess, but I tell the truth, you know you all have thought these things!! share your thoughts please??

cuz, you know...even tho I've lost 120 lbs, doesnt mean I dont look (to myself) like almost 400 lbs still....that never goes away for me anyway..

thanks for reading if you've made it thus far

and, yes, before you chastise me, I know I am wrong for just not going in for an unfill..that just feels like defeat somehow to me...(yes I have issues, LOL)

You're just going through what everyone goes through, you're scared and you're not sure how this is changing your life. food has always been your friend, and now that relationship is changing and your head needs to rethink this relationship. If you have groups you are part of or you can go to, please get involved. Don't beat yourself up and understand that if you just give yourself time, things will get better. You've had your band for less than a year, how long have you been overweight and hating yourself. I think you've done wonderful with a 120 lb loss, I've had my band a few years and I still haven't gotten off all the weight I need to lose but I am so thankful for this tool. I don't always do the right thing and yes sometimes I even question if I made the right decision to even have the band but then I realize that I couldn't have gotten to where I am today without this tool. Hang in there, talk with your professional support and just keep planning a day at a time and you'll be successful. C

so..

hi FOLKS!!

My name is Patty. I was banded July 1, 2010....and I will freely admit, the band has been a wonderful tool...I have lost 120 lbs, from May '10 till about 2 weeks ago......(50 lbs pre op)

does anyone just start to think the band is now just a Pain?? I am soo sick of it right now...(granted I have been sick with strep for a few weeks, like bad, with cellulitis) and now my cycle, so it is bound to be tighter...but DAMN (sorry) it seems like EVERYTHING gets stuck...I had to pull over to puke up split pea Soup I made myself yesterday...(like a puree) I know I am in a mood, but I right now am tired of this!!

so, we are food addicts. we all have to admit that. what happens when food isnt our drug anymore?? we switch addictions to???

and what happens when we lose more than 100 lbs + and well, then nothing changes.....so like, now what??

just tired I guess, but I tell the truth, you know you all have thought these things!! share your thoughts please??

cuz, you know...even tho I've lost 120 lbs, doesnt mean I dont look (to myself) like almost 400 lbs still....that never goes away for me anyway..

and, yes, before you chastise me, I know I am wrong for just not going in for an unfill..that just feels like defeat somehow to me...(yes I have issues, LOL)

I feel the very same way, I know I couldn't keep it off. I miss those foods too, OMGosh... to eat a cheeseburger would be amazing but all in all, it's a little thing to give it up and my health. Thanks for letting me share with you C

It is comforting to know I am in good company! Sometimes it's too tight, sometimes not tight enough, but mostly I am getting long with the band. I, too, sometimes wish I could undo a button once a month and eat a greasy hamburger and french fries like I used to, but that kind of behavior got me up to 240 pounds with no upper limit in sight..

Even after a year I am still looking for things I can eat without trouble, and I miss being able to eat an orange fibrous membrabes and all. I get frustrated at times, but even so I am grateful for the restriction because otherwise I'd balloon right back up like I have done every time I've lost weight in the past. Losing weight was less of an issue than keeping it off, and I know I can't keep it off without the mechanical restriction of the band.

so..

hi FOLKS!!

Wow! You have done so well. I would give anything to have lost that much and for my band to have worked so well. Stick with it; you are a success story. I am 1-1/2 years out and have gained back 20

of the 60 pounds I lost in the first 5 months...most pre-op and post-op. I seldom feel like I even have a band except I can physically feel it. It does not make me feel full or tell me in any way that I have had

enough. I am never told how much fill I have or even if I have been given anything in my fills. You just keep up the good work and be SO proud of yourself; I know I would be!

I love my band for what it does, are there times it annoys me- yes, like when my fam is having grinders and I can't or doughy pizza. But.... Without my band I wouldn't have gone from a 22 to a 12, and I certainly wouldn't have lost 80 lbs or be going in for a TT next month. So really I love my band- it works for me.

I am curious about your TT surgery...is your insurance paying for any of it? What is the recuperation supposed to be like??

I love my band for what it does, are there times it annoys me- yes, like when my fam is having grinders and I can't or doughy pizza. But.... Without my band I wouldn't have gone from a 22 to a 12, and I certainly wouldn't have lost 80 lbs or be going in for a TT next month. So really I love my band- it works for me.

thanks grandy!!! I have now lost 135 lbs..,yes, I do love what it does....I guess some days its just frustrating, and I lose patience with it. I would not be able to do this alone eiher!!!! hang in there!!

Oh my! I'm terrified...

:-( please don't be terrified. It is def not a bad thing. It is the best thing that has happened to be and my weight loss goals. It is all about willpower, and the band is the best tool out there. It works for you as long as you work with it. Yes, I have puked - but it's when I am eating way too fast (taking huge bites), or eating something I know I shouldn't - My band is pretty tight, so I don't eat bread - but that is a good thing for me because I LOVE bread way too much. Now I eat a bite or 2 or it and I am good.

I am curious about your TT surgery...is your insurance paying for any of it? What is the recuperation supposed to be like??

my insurance is paying for the entire procedure, my lap-band surgeon is doing it - he is going to do the tuck, scrape any fat and tighten my abs - he said I will be able to wear a bikini after (not gonna happen). I have heard various things about the recovery - some have said it's hard, some have said easy. I am hoping for easy. I know after my lap-band surgery and fix (within 36 hours) I wasn't in a whole lot of pain - so I am hoping for an easy recovery. Even if it's painful, it will be worth it because no matter how much weight i have lost I am super self-conscious of the rolls that hang on my abdomen and onto my thighs.....

All I know about the actual recovery is that you have to wear a compression thing on your middle, and that there are drains involved (ick)

I am so amazed tht your insurance is paying for it all...that is terrific. I wish you the best. I have lost 95 lbs but still have another 30-40 to go so can't consider it yet! Good luck!

my insurance is paying for the entire procedure, my lap-band surgeon is doing it - he is going to do the tuck, scrape any fat and tighten my abs - he said I will be able to wear a bikini after (not gonna happen). I have heard various things about the recovery - some have said it's hard, some have said easy. I am hoping for easy. I know after my lap-band surgery and fix (within 36 hours) I wasn't in a whole lot of pain - so I am hoping for an easy recovery. Even if it's painful, it will be worth it because no matter how much weight i have lost I am super self-conscious of the rolls that hang on my abdomen and onto my thighs.....

All I know about the actual recovery is that you have to wear a compression thing on your middle, and that there are drains involved (ick)

I feel the very same way, I know I couldn't keep it off. I miss those foods too, OMGosh... to eat a cheeseburger would be amazing but all in all, it's a little thing to give it up and my health. Thanks for letting me share with you C

I have to say my band is pretty tight, but when my husband makes burgers on the grilled (pressed by hand, not prepressed) - I cut one up and but it on a bed of shredded lettuce - it is sooo good