Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Two Bowls of Cereal a Day Diet

I do think I was less hungry when I was eating cottage cheese in the mornings

Yes....cottage cheese seems to be the ONLY Protein thing I can have in the mornings that ties me over to lunch. eggs...nope. Can of tuna....nope. Weird huh? I wouldn't live without the cottage cheese! Half cup of the stuff of the lo fat kind (that little bit o' fat helps...the no fat kind wasn't working) has 100 calories and 14 grams of Protein. That's a pretty good protein payoff.

I've often wondered though, whether being banded, it's more realistic to use this type of diet to get a bit of weight off quickly, or when you've stalled. Because unlike an unbanded person who does this sort of thing, you're not likely to stack it all back on with interest are you?

I mean, you cant live on 2 bowls of Cereal a day forever but if it blasts away a few lbs why not?

[hypocrisy]

I guess the point I'm trying to make is yeah, you can lose the weight and you do have a better chance of keeping it off if you're banded, but the fact is, it's just not a healthy diet.

[/hypocrisy]

*eats a handful of M&Ms*

i agree with you sleepjean... and for anyone contemplating this or any other kinds of "plan" -- like Delarla said, it's the low amount of calories consumed that's doing it. i seriously think you could eat anything in those low amount of calories per day and lose. in fact, i remember from my Human Nutrition course in college how the instructor said:

"Yes, you can lose weight eating two snickers bars a day, but who can do that? And is that good for you? Sure, you might get your days worth of Calcium, but you get a weeks worth of sugar... Think it through."

That was funny, but so true. She also said the same thing regarding carbs and beer... I'm sure you get the point. At any rate, I still wish you all luck, but want to ask a question... seriously. Did we get banded to be on fad diets for the rest of our lives, or did we get banded to learn to eat right, eat less, and live a longer happier life for it?

my 2 cents... :rofl:

I can't believe I missed this diet, I thought I'd tried them all, hmmmm.

Special "K" had this out a year or two ago, seems like they put it out the first of the year.

I think this sounds great and I'm going to try it... since I've been banded - Cereal is one of the things I can eat that I have absolutely no trouble with... More often than not with most things I end up over the toilet :-( Some days I can eat stuff - the next day I might not be able to eat the same thing.

I guess I'll get it right one day.

Could I do this diet with Fruity Pebbles or Apple Jacks?

What I want to know is can I do it with a mixing bowl? When I eat cereal - I usually eat WAY more than the proscribed 5 biscuits of shredded wheat.. (or whatever the number is).

Guess I will have to stick to lean Protein and Veggies...

DANG!~

Ok, so the two bowls of Cereal diet was interesting, and I only did it one week. I didn't lose any weight, and it was kind of nice not to have to think about what I was going to eat for Breakfast or lunch...but I craved Protein like crazy every afternoon. This tells me that my body needs more Protein earlier in the day. I should try doing one bowl in the morning and one for dinner but I decided that it sounds like to much work :-).

How's everyone else doing on it? I like the apple jacks and fruity pebbles version a lot better :-)

Megan