Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2006 January Chat

Hi Mel, So glad all went well. I had a real hard time laying in bed without geting cramps and pain so I slept in the recliner (which was comfortable for me....) for almost two months. But... it was worth it!! I'd do it again in a minute! Congratulations on beginning your journey!

Hi,

I live in Southern NH but work in Massachusetts in Leominster. I was banded at Beth Israel on 6/14/06 and I am down ab out 20 pounds. I feel awesome. I want the scale to move fast but it is slow...I am grateful that I feel good. I go back for my 8 week check on 8/17 and I am not sure whether or not I will get a fill at that time. My surgeon is Dr. Benjamin Schneider and he is awesome....No complications. Everything has healed beautifully. I am starting Water aerobics this evening and I cannot wait....

Susan

From Holden Ma banded June 2005 from umass worcester dr. Czernicach overalll pleased lots of work though just hoping to keep the weight off hello to all ma bandsters

Hi everybody! I'm from boston and i'm just starting the whole process with Dr. Ashley Vernon at Brigham and Womens. I'm in college so i hope to be banded during the christmas break that way i won't have to miss any school. I hope everyone is doing great!

Hi all! I am from Wakefield and was banded 7/25 at bidmc by Dr. Jones. any ideas for cold beverages with this heat, 1 week down 3 to go to 1 st appt on 8/23! Good luckto all!

Hi,

Nice to hear from other banders in the Mass/Nh area...AS far as cold beverages go, I use sugar free popsicles, fudgicles, I also have added frozen strawberries and crushed ice to my Protein shakes and put it in a blender and serve over ice...very refreshing..

Talk to you soon.

Susan

I'm considering getting the lap band in mexico due to the cheaper expenses but scared to go over there or have to pay allot of money for fills once back in MA. What is typicall for fills? How many do you get? I want this so bad! Has anyone been to mexico? can you help me out?

Hi Brandi,

I just went to a seminar at brigham and womens the other week and some one asked that qustion, the Dr. said that Brighams will not do fills for people that had thier surgery done in mexico because the mexico docs usually do not provide the patients with clear surgical/ pre and post op notes and that it would be too much of a risk for them to do fills with out the proper documentation. I don't know about other hospitals but when you get your surgery done make sure you get enough documentation. Good Luck

Hi Brandi,

I just went to a seminar at brigham and womens the other week and some one asked that qustion, the Dr. said that Brighams will not do fills for people that had thier surgery done in Mexico because the mexico docs usually do not provide the patients with clear surgical/ pre and post op notes and that it would be too much of a risk for them to do fills with out the proper documentation. I don't know about other hospitals but when you get your surgery done make sure you get enough documentation. Good Luck

Did you get your band at Brigham??

Caroline

Nope not yet. I am just starting the process with Dr. Ashley Vernon at the Brighams. I am hoping to have the band done sometime after christmas. i am in college so i want to get it done during the break. How bout you?

She did my band last week, but the real deal will be the follow up from the hospital, my only suggestion is to schedule your surgery first thing in the morning!!

Caroline

banded 8/2/06

Dr. Ashley Vernon

Brigham & Woman's Hosp Bos..