Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I cheated two days before surgery!!!!!

I honestly believe that my mother wants me to be fat! I told her about my surgery yesterday and that I have tobe on Clear liquids today and Monday to prepare for surgery on Tuesday...so she brings in super nachos from one of my favorite restaurants! I was doing well, keeping myself occupied and she comes in with this to go box. I felt like an ANIMAL who couldn't stop eating!!!!! I really feel bad now. I was wondering what will happen because my doc was pretty serious about consuming only clear liquids...wow! I hope that I can do this. I hope that I stick to this...I really want to lose weight and be healthy...she shouldn't have brought the nachos...but I shouldn't have eaten them...

Does anyone know if this will effect my surgery?

I wasnt on liquids before surgery.. they just had me on the Atkins diet and i couldnt eat after midnight... But be careful! The 2 weeks of liquids after surgery can be hard!!! Try not to give in!!!

Well, you should follow your doctors orders but they all are different, I had no pre-op diet, just couldn't eat or drink after midnight. You should be fine, don't know what your mom was thinking, but I bet she wanted to treat you to one last meal of your favorite nacho's!!! Good luck to you!

One major slip up won't hurt. But now stay on your liquids, and post op,,, you must stay on liquids in order to heel wright.

I remember at my first meeting, when the Doctor came out. He told us the 2 biggest problems were LOVED ONES TRYING TO SABATAGE YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!, and DIVORCE.

Does any of that sound like it might pertain to you? Once your banded, you will have to set her down, and have a talk with her, and explain that you no longer eat that way.

I know,,, I went threw this with my husband.. It's not easy for them to adjust.

Shirley.

YOU WILL BE OKAY MY SURGEON DIDNT REQUIRE ME ANY PR OP DIET B4 SURGERY AT ALL, BUT AFTER TO SURGERY I STILL DID GOOD AND STUCK TO THE DIET PLAN PERFECT, SO IT WILL BE OKAY, PLUS I WAS IN SO MUCH PAIN I DIDNT THINK ABOUT REGULAR OR ANYFOOD AT ALL,LOL :rolleyes: BUT JUST REMEMBER TO TELL FRIENDS AND FAMILY YOU NEED SUPPORT EVEN AFTER SURGERY MY FRIENDS AND MY SONS ARE ALWAYS LIKE MOM IS THAT OK FOR YOU BECAUSE THEY WANT ME TO DO THE RIGHT THING TO SUCCEED AND FOR MY HEALTH, BECAUSE YOU WILL BE HEALING :rolleyes:

Well I guess I would say no use crying over spilt milk. That however does not mean you should not follow the pre op diet today because you messed up yesterday.

Post Op however you MUST (Yes all caps) follow your doctors orders. You can do yourself serious damage up to and including needing to have the band removed if you eat foods not approved by the doctor. I highly recommend watching a surgery on YouTube. Not gross at all there is no blood. It shows you exactly what will happen to your stomach. How they stitch sections of your stomach above and below the band to keep it in place. You do not want your stomach moving which happens whhen you eat mushies and solids.

It might be in your best interest to tell you mother that so she is less likely to offer you food that is not on your plan.

Are you sure that it wasn't MY mother who visited your house??? That is exactly what she would do to me, that is why she doesn't know. Pick yourself up by the bootstraps girl and just get back on the "band"wagon. Best of luck tomarrow and all the days of your new life.

I understand completely, I have an assistant at work that is constantly bringing me Snacks and junk food ever since I told her I was going to have the Lapband surgery. She even made the comment " it doesnt matter if you do have the surgery you will never be smaller than me". Isn't that awful, I have friends that have had the surgery and I encouraged them, not try to sabatoge them. I can't believe how people react when I tell them I am having it done, they act like I'm going to have my head cut off or something. It looks like they would be happy for us that we are trying to loose weight and get healthy. Some People.........

Jeff, As an HR person I am mortified that your assistant would say such a thing to you. Does this person report to you? Seriously the next time she makes any kind of disparing remark to you, or about another coworker infront of you I would inform her verbally that her behavior is inappropriate. I would document it in your own calendar and bring it up on her performance review. If she does not report to you I would go to her supervisor and tell them exactly what she said to you. She creating a hostile work environment. HR will take this seriously because she is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I am getting my band on Thursday also and I haven't had the easiest time with my pre op diet. I have slipped and felt horrible but the fact is if we had that kind of control we wouldn't be getting this surgery. If you mess up get right back with the program and move on. I have had a triple hard time because I travel for work a lot and spent most of the pre op diet in a hotel and I have not told anyone but my husband and best friend. I have no one to talk to because my husband is overweight and has no desire to lose weight and doesn't understand my decision but he is supportive and my best friend just got banded 2 weeks ago so shes going through this also. My own parents don't even know I'm having surgery!!! I'm going to be in big trouble when they find out.

YEAH!!! On my pre op I can have 2 shakes and 1 can/bowl of Soup a day. Do you have any idea what kind of Soups you can think of making??? Taco Bell soup anyone....LOL... I have survived on sugar free popsicles.

Jeff, As an HR person I am mortified that your assistant would say such a thing to you. Does this person report to you? Seriously the next time she makes any kind of disparing remark to you, or about another coworker infront of you I would inform her verbally that her behavior is inappropriate. I would document it in your own calendar and bring it up on her performance review. If she does not report to you I would go to her supervisor and tell them exactly what she said to you. She creating a hostile work environment. HR will take this seriously because she is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Wow...I so agree! I cannot believe someone would actually say something like this. Oh wait...yes I can. Obesity is the last bastion of accepted discrimination.