Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Used the Weight Loss Surgery Doctors at NYU??

I'VE HEARD ONLY GOOD THINGS ABOUT NYU, ITS ONE OF THE TOP HOSPITALS....I WILL BE BANDED IN JANUARY, IM ALITTLE NERVOUS, BUT KNOW I WILL BE IN GOOD HANDS.

Hi' date=' I'm using DR. BRADLEY SCHWACK at NYU and he has been GREAT. I am having my band done on Tuesday. He's been really helpful, available on his cell phone, and just overall really comforting. Highly recommend him.[/quote']

Hi I also am using Dr. Schwack , he is awesome, couldn't be happier.

I just got banded on 1/31/13 by Dr. Kurian. LOVE HER! NYU from the office to all the people you deal with the day of were AWESOME....I just got nervous when I was getting on the operating room table and didn't recognize the people and they were super patient with me and waited a few minutes for Kurian to arrive and she literally held my hand while I was put to sleep. Fantastic. Had my first post-op yesterday and they actually fit me in a few hours early and everyone was so supportive and all looks great! I HIGHLY recommend NYU :)

Hi I also am using Dr. Schwack ' date=' he is awesome, couldn't be happier.[/quote']

I have dr schwack as well!!! I loveeeee him! Great doctor!

I have Dr Fielding and so far he's been nothing short of great

I had Dr. Kurian when my 1st band was placed on oct 2007. I lost weight gained it back due to steriods. I didnt go bAck to her since 2012 . We found out there was a leak in my band so she put xray dye to see if it will stay since its more thick. I went back didnt work. I made another appt with dr. Kurian to talk about surgery n i wAited over 2 hrs n she said can the nurse practioner see u??? I gotta go get my hair done i am already a half hr late n her hair dresser doesnt like when she is late! I couldnt believe it! She ditched me to get her damn hair done!!!! So i ditched her and a dr i worl for referred me to Dr. Bradley Schwack. Boy did i wish he was in NYU before i let kurian touch me! Dr. Schwack just replaced my bAnd on march 1,2013. He told me he replaced my whole band cause nothing looked righg n dr. KuriAn plAced my band low n thAts probably a big reason why when my band wAs full before the leak i still felt hungry. He is great! He listens to u n answers all your questions and he doesnt try to rush u out of the room to see his next patient. I was so nervous when i was there on the operating table crying cause I was so nervous. N he wAs right there with me telling me everything will be alright. Another main reason about Dr. Kurian that i dont like is... My sis in law (my bros wife) had gastric bypass ln nov. 2007 and she passes away in march cuz they found her intestines were twisted. When I called Dr. KuriAn thAt my sis in law passed away i feel like she didnt really care... So that was the biggest reaSon as to why i was so nervous and crying when Dr. Schwack did it cause i was so upset what happened to my sis in law n i didnt wanna be the same. My niece and 2 nephews lost their mom at such a young age its just so terrible to me till this day.

I was banded by Dr. Schwack in December. He's great. I originally called to see Fielding but didn't want to wait so I went to Schwack's presentation and signed up the next day.

Hi Karen, I felt the same way about that doctor Kurian. I don't care for her at all , she's not to nice. I love dr Schwack he is awesome . Went for my third fill yesterday, but still no restriction :-( . Keep in touch . Donna

I was banded by Dr. Schwack in December. He's great. I originally called to see Fielding but didn't want to wait so I went to Schwack's presentation and signed up the next day.

Hi Ffp , my name is Donna, my Doctor is also dr.Schwack, he is awesome . I also wanted to see Dr. fielding, but the wait was to long , so I chose to see dr. Schwack and I am so happy with him . Keep in touch , our story's sound similar. Donna

I'm in NJ and use Dr Ewing in Paramus! Love the whole group there!

I was banded by Dr. Fielding on 4/10/13...nothing but great things to say about the entire NYU team.

I was reading back regarding some cost concerns if you're not covered at 100%. If you're set on having the best and going with NYU, look into their financial assistance program. If you're income is less than 6x the poverty level, your out of pocket costs for surgery can be covered at 100% (if you make more than that under their guidelines, your out of pocket expenses may still be covered anywhere from 25-75%).

It was never something discussed with Dr. Fieldings office, but directly with NYU finance when the initially called to notify me of my financial obligations. NYU finance didn't offer it straight out, so you have to ask (and even then the details aren't explained well). I thought it was just something to put me on a payment plan but spoke with the man who approved my claim and he said it meant that NYU would actually cover the costs flat out and I wouldn't have to pay them...I guess they have grants/endowment money that cover the cost. It relieved a lot of financial stress I was having over surgery at the time!!

Hello everyone, I'm considering working with the doctors at NYU. My pcp says that they are the best. I'm just starting my pre-approval 6 month diet. Can anyone offer me some advice on how that process goes? I've been dieting all my life and I'm kind of annoyed with the 6 months pre-approval diet. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

LOVE Fielding!!!! I definitely have some Hero Worship going on--Though it's funny to admit that I only met him three times. Consult #1 where I wanted the sleeve. SOOOOO knowledgable!!!!! Consult #2 where I took his advice and agreed to get the band. And day if surgery. Lol!!

Adore Ann for my fills, but Laura is great too. Actually everyone is great. Very nice team.

No complications. GREAT scars!! Like a little smily face, and you can hardly even see it anymore...