Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did it...2/16/11

Well I finally got the lap band after trying for almost 3 years. I am on day 4 of recovery and feel a lot better, I just am going stir crazy at home with nothing to do since I cannot help clean, pick up my children, or doing anything that involves alot. It's been raining so walking has been out of the question. Still on liquids with Protein Shakes and the same stuff is getting really boring! How many times can you possbily drink broth, eat Jello, and popcicles...Hot Soup is what Im missing so bad right now through the cold stormy weather! Any tips or anything I should know! Im scared cuz I had 2 people tell me they knew people who failed on lap band, I refuse to be that person! Congrats to me, it was a big step!

Aww! you can't have Soup? or chicken broth?

The first month sucks, it's just life... but after you heal it gets better :). Just follow the diet and exercise and don't expect the band to do all the work for you. The band will help your hunger, that is it's job remember that! But it's up to you what goes in your mouth :) the band won't stop you from eating.

brothy yes but its just so repetitive! Im ok with the hunger, i just know i need a excercise plane now!

Aww! you can't have Soup? or chicken broth?

The first month sucks, it's just life... but after you heal it gets better :). Just follow the diet and exercise and don't expect the band to do all the work for you. The band will help your hunger, that is it's job remember that! But it's up to you what goes in your mouth :) the band won't stop you from eating.

CONGRATULATIONS on your big step!!! :party:

When people talk about "I know 'x' number of people who failed yada, yada " Think of the THOUSANDS that succeeded!! Do YOU want to succeed at this? That is all that is important. If you want it bad enough you will do what you need to to succeed. Maybe tell those 2 people that you need to hear encouraging things at this time, not discouraging. So if it isn't encouraging and uplifting then keep it to themselves.

I will be on 1 week of liquids after my surgery. But I at least can have cream of wheat and pudding in addition to broth and Jello (which I gag on), popsicles, etc. I am really looking forward to that. lol

Before you know it you will be eating "normal" food again!! Hang in there. You can do it!!

Try to get as much Protein as you can. That will help with hunger. I used a supplement called Protein Bullet. Tasted gross, but it really helped.

Don't listen to stories about failure. Just remember that "the band is a tool". It's not the total answer. You have to be an active participant in your weight loss. I mentally have to remind myself not to overeat, for example. If you believe in yourself, you won't fail.

You can do it!

Congrats and welcome to the Lapband journey. I have been banded about six months and do not regret a thing. I would do it again in a heart beat. I have finally reached my "sweet spot". sweet spot = 4-5 hours between meals with out being hungry and able to only eat small portions. As long as you follow the band rules you cant help but to succeed. Good luck and keep us updated.