Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for Aftercare DR in FL...plz HELP!!

Hello all,

I am a newbie, scheduled to go to Mexico & be "banded" in a couple weeks with Dr. Covarrubias. Right away, I'm looking for a Dr. here in the Tampa Bay area who would be willing to do my aftercare. If anyone has any suggestions/recommendations/similar experiences, I would be most appreciative to any info I can get.

Thank you & I look forward to sharing in everyone's experiences, wisdom and stories to come. ;)

Michelle

You can email Don Mills at Inamed and ask him to emai lyou a list od Inamed certified doctors in your area, then you need to call all of them and ask if they take on patients who were banded in MX, many U.S. docs dont and the ones that do cahrge alot more.

Here is his email

Don.Mills@inamed.com

Good Luck ;)

Make sure you line up aftercare before surgery if you are not planning on going back to MX for it..just a little piece of advice

La_madam, thank you so much for your reply...

I ended up calling Don Mills to ask some questions about the band itself. The list of nearby doctors I was able to get from the Inamed website. However, someone on another board was extremely helpful and showed me a place (www.asbs.org) you can find a list of surgeons by zip code AND you can specify to search for those who WILL FOLLOW UP WITH other Doctors' patients!! This was very helpful, it helped me narrow down the list I got from the Inamed website. I'll be making some calls tomorrow to find my after care DR.....thanks again for replying to my post! :)

Hi. I live in Florida, leaving for mexico to get banded next week. I have lined up fills from FILLCENTERUSA.COM.

You can check out if they have a center near you.

donna

I am going to be banded in Mexico in April, and was told that a great doctor that will complete Mexico fills in the Tampa bay area is a Dr. Jesse (sp?). I will be getting her number soon in email. I will forward it along when I get it. She is in Lutz I think.

Amy

Dr. Jessee does do fills in Tampa Bay. I think she's the only one in the area that will take patients who have had the surgery done out of country. Her number is 727-584-7666. She is located in Largo/Clearwater right in front of Suncoast Hospital on Indian Rocks Dr.

I'm afraid the asbs site is very inaccurate. Many of the surgeons are listed as doing Bands and accepting other's clients, but do not. I found at least 1/4 of the listings totally wrong. Just FYI. Renee

I too went on the Fill Center USA site and put in my zip code to see if there was a doctor in my area. The web site came up empty but I called the 800 number and found out there are several doctors in the process of getting certified through Fill Center USA. There is a doctor within 25 miles of my house that I will be seeing. The great thing about using this service is that once you sign up (which is cheaper than paying for one fill here in my area) all future fills are only $155 (less than half the cost of a fill in my area). One of my concerns was what would happen if I'm on vacation and get sick or have some complication. What would I do? With Fill Center USA they set you up in a database that allows you to see any doctor in their network. I'm just a worrier and this put my mind at ease.