Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you do...


TexasMama
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Well, I started feeling symptoms of my kids' cold around Thursday night--right after my pre-op appt. :rolleyes: Saturday was my worst day--I had a hard time getting out of bed. Upper respiratory issues, cough and stuffy nose, feeling run down. Fever not bad--around 101. So, yesterday I was feeling blah but not awful--and today I'm the same way, with a slight fever (99-100) but overall very weak and tired. My surgery is on Wednesday. My husband thinks I should wait until tomorrow to see if I feel like I am on the mend before calling the dr's office. What do y'all think? It doesn't sound like a good idea to do surgery if your immune system is weak. However, if I'm getting better....surely it won't be a problem...(can you tell I really, really do NOT want to reschedule?)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TexasMama ~ I would probably wait and see how you feel in the morning, since it sounds like you are on the mend and your surgery isn't until Wednesday. However, I did just look at my pre-op paperwork and it does say to give them a call prior to surgery if I am sick and/or running fever. I know exactly how you feel about rescheduling, but it might be better to be safe since it is surgery and you want the best outcome from it. Just my 2 cents. I hope you feel better soon -- take a bunch of Vitamin C and rest. (((HUGS))) :sleep2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Otay seriously...I would start taking some Motrin, Vitamin C, and some antioxidants ASAP!! and keep on it all day and tomorrow!! What about some of that stuff called Emergen-C or whatever... that you mix into water..I would take some of that too..it's filled with vitamins... that's what I would do... but seriously...take Motrin and/or Tylenol.. you can stagger them... that's what I do for my kids when they have high temps. Let us know how you are doing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news is...no fever this morning. The bad news is I'm still congested and have a cough. I am calling the dr's office here in about 20 minutes, so we'll see what they say. :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news! The doc says I can still do the surgery unless I develop a fever. So I am all set to go tomorrow!! :bananapartyhat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×