Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

new jersey

Jersey here too. With my insurance I only had a choice between Morristown or Egg Harbor. I chose Dr. Onopchenko in Egg Harbor (hospital right in the middle of AC). Very happy with him and his team even though its an 1-1/2 hr drive each way. Really wanted someone close by in Central Jersey but had to go with who the insurance company would cover.

Just banded on 2-9 and had my first revisit with him yesterday. My first fill date is scheduled for March 16th.

I am from North Jersey. Dr. Gritsus did my surgery at Valley Hospital in Paramus on 9/22/10. I have lost 63 lbs so far. I love him and his staff. I go to his office in Paramus, since it is close to my house. I used to go to support group meetings at Chilton Hospital. But it is such a drive and rush to get to in the evening's so I go to the hospital support group in my area. Good luck to all of the New Jersey people.

im from jersey too !!! had my surgery done by dr. nusbaum about two months ago had my first fill two weeks ago (down like 35lbs) but love him and his staff .. they are all soo great! goodluck too everyone!!

I'm from New Jersey. Actually southern New Jersey. I had my lapband done by Dr. Goldstein out of Virtua in Marlton, NJ. Great doctor, great nurses, great experience. I would recommend them to anybody!

I COMPLETELY agree. I also had surgery with Dr Goldstein. He and his staff are amazing. I get my first fill Thursday and am a nervous wreck. But atleast I know I am in good hands. ..

I COMPLETELY agree. I also had surgery with Dr Goldstein. He and his staff are amazing. I get my first fill Thursday and am a nervous wreck. But atleast I know I am in good hands. ..

His fills are COMPLETELY painless and surprisingly quick since he's doing it under x-ray. His assistant and him explain everything very carefully and are so accommodating. No surprises, he really makes it easy. I actually go in right before work and am not even late to work (I arrive by 8:30/9:00 even with the fill procedure.)

Tell him Siobhan Kelly says hi and that I've lost 14 pounds since my last fill three weeks ago! If he doesn't remember me, just tell him we talked about the Goldstein Keys in Florida!

Good luck, let me know how it goes! :lol:

If anyone in the South Jersey area is in need, I just dropped a couple of sizes and have 3 boxes of nice career clothes up for grabs. Most are from Roaman's or Woman Within, and are 2X bottoms with 3X tops (not exactly cheap). They are free to a good home. Lots of the 7 day knit sets and big shirts with matching bra tanks. If interested, email me at DeniseChalowCase@comcast.net. I would rather help another bandster than throw them out.

One thing I wish our support group meetings would do is hold a clothes exchange a couple of times a year. I am glad to have had the foresight to pack away some when they got too small, so I have some for the ride down the scale. I hate the idea of buying clothes until I reach goal.

I'm actually from Dover so not far from you. I also picked Dr. Strom because I was able to make a consult appt. with him right away and didn't have to go to a seminar. He's not the closest to me, but I wanted to get started with my journey as soon as possible.

Laurajean- it's really good to hear. I had a friend that had her surgery by Dr. Strom in November and me and a friend are both having our done in May.

well best of luck to you,you will be just fine..i am down 25lbs already but everyone is different,your in good hands and his staff are really awesome

well best of luck to you,you will be just fine..i am down 25lbs already but everyone is different,your in good hands and his staff are really awesome

Hello! Dr. STorm is doing my band in June-please let me know how you guys make out in May!! Good luck to you!

I'm from northern Jersey. Had my surgery done by Dr. Gritsus at Chilton on 07/26/2010.

Dr. Gritsus is my surgeon too! Got banded on 11/8/10. Where in north jersey are you from Wendy?

Jo

banded in 4/4/11 by Dr. Neff in South Jersey-Kennedy hosp to be exact. Still learning to live with the band.....

Hello all, from Toms River, had Dr. Riech (Spelling?) at SOCH in Manahawkin do my surgery.

Almost 6 months out, just over 50 lbs lost. (Of course always wish it were more :)

Anyone in my area, feel free to contact me, or even meet up if you'd like to chat about it.