Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Weeks After Lap Band Surgery Weight Loss Stopped

Yes, this is very normal like you said you are still healing. You can't stay on liquids and mushies forever so as you introduce new foods to your body it will slow the process down but it will start back as soon as your body has adjusted. Keep your head up! I think I only lost 4 pounds at my 6 weeks check up. Some people gain our don't lose any during that time period.

Thank you thank you thank you! I have only lost 4 lbs since my surgery date of 1/27/11 and have been in tears all evening, trying to find someone who has had a similar experience and still had success in the long run. Looks like you are doing FANTASTIC and that has really given me hope! Thanks! Cat

I to am in my 3rd week post surgery and have lost a total of 9.2kg since seeing the Dr about month ago !!! since going onto "normal" diet I havent lost a thing in over a week !!! is this normal ?? reading some of the replies to another lady it sounds like it is - I am only eating very small portions - still having small Breakfast either sustagen or scrambled egg - lunch the other day had tiny can of tuna and an apple !! then dinner was small piece of fish - is this OK - would appreciate anyones help ??

Sami

Sami,

This is very, very common. I had the same issue and it lasted for almost 3 weeks. I had lost 32 pounds between the pre-op diet and immediately post op and then nothing. At the time I was eating about 600-800 calories a day. I ended up increasing my calories to 1000-1200 a day and started seeing the weight come off again.

It may be that your body needs a little more calories than you are eating. If you have to, add a Protein Shake, or something like that to up your calories, even by 200 calories can make a difference. I was always afraid to eat too many calories while trying to lose weight, but when I finally listened to what was given to me for my calorie intake at my weight/height, etc...I found that it truly does make a difference. If our calorie intake is too low our body holds on to the fat thinking we are starving it. I hope you start receiving some good results.:)

thanks jen120 and sassyfrass !!! i weighed myself this morning and have now lost total of 10.5kg!! but will take what you said on board - much appreciated - good luck to both of you too !!

Sami

I agree with upping your Protein. I try to get around 100 grams a day (that is what my doctor recommends). Also, my weight loss has not been huge but my inches lost has been. You are still swollen from surgery (I was for about 4 weeks) but as soon as that went down it was amazing how much I had lost in my mid-section. I just had to go buy new undies because my old ones were falling off me. Have you been exercising at all? That will kickstart loss as well.

Don't get discouraged, just keep on truckin and you will get the results you want! :D

This post was so very helpeful! Wednesday I will be 4 weeks post op and after loosing 25 pounds 1 week preop and the first week post band, the last two weeks the scale hasnt budged. Doesnt make sense to me either that my calories can be so low and the weight not fall off. I will definetly being trying to up the Protein a little more (just so sick of protein shakes) and add a few calories. Thanks for all the words of wisdom and great advice everyone!!!!

I feel the same way, I was banded in april of this year, and I have only lost 17 pounds. I have not lost any weight since the first 3 weeks. I have had 2 fills and I am at 6ccs in a 11.5 cc band. I feel like a huge failure.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches