Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

has anyone felt this? is it normal?

So all day today I've been having trouble getting my liquids down. I can take little sips but in the beginning of the day it was very painful and it put a terrible pressure in my stomach. I attributed it to gas still. It burned and felt kinda like I was swallowing a ball. It was worse with my Tomato Soup that I made myself for my first post-op meal. I don't know whether this is normal because I haven't heard anything about this. Any advice? I would really appreciate it!!!

It gets better every day. Sip sip sip all day long. The pain you feel might be gas pain. The burning doesn't sound good. I wonder if your surgeon put Fluid in your band at the time of surgery. Do you know?

You might try going back to Clear Liquids. I had to be on clear liquids for one week post surgery but obviously, different doc. And the gas comment sounds right on.....of course, always call your doctor if in doubt. Best of luck!!

You might try going back to clear liquids. I had to be on clear liquids for one week post surgery but obviously, different doc. And the gas comment sounds right on.....of course, always call your doctor if in doubt. Best of luck!!

You know I have had the same thing happen. I know my Dr. puts Fluid in at surgery but it's been hard for me. I have to make myself and then here come the hiccups which have been horrible. If I drink too fast I feel like I need to burp but nothing happens. I've got some good Protein Powder from GNC and I've mixed some MOM in to my drink. I've noticed it getting a little better. Take your time. I sure hope it gets better anyway.

Thanks guys, I am not sure if my surgeon put Fluid in my band already. As far as I know my surgery center has told me not to use Protein Drinks anymore, so I haven't had any Protein or anything. I have no MOM but I'm not so sure about taking that either. I called and left a message for my surgery center and I will call back tomorrow to try and ask some more questions.

I had the same problem turned out that I was really swollen inside and there was fill in my band (too much) the dr had me come in and took it out. The pain had gotten so bad I barely ate for a couple of days. I couldn't even get Water down without practically crying.

Once the swelling goes down I am sure he will refill..but I do feel your pain, it is NOT fun.