Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I used to be FAT

Hi Everyone,

My name is Christina, I live on the Eastern Shore in a small town. I am 24 years old, and recently graduated from nursing school. I got married in June 2010 in Las Vegas woohooo to my son's father. Our son is 3 years old and we also have a 9 and 16 year old boy. I got banded on Jan. 13th by Dr. Alan Zarif (great doc!). I am 4 days post-op and starting to feel like a normal person again. Here's a little bit of my journey so far....

Day 1: Surgery

6a-Prep for surgery. They put a gown on me that hooks up to a warmer that blows warm air into the gown. I couldn't help but laugh as I blew up like a balloon.

7a- Anesthesiologists are starting to talk to me about risks (lalalala, i'm not listening), then comes the "forget you ever saw me" pre-surgery sadate you make u happy drug in the I.V. Ok, kisses to husband before I forget he kissed me.

9 something- Waking up from surgery in O.R. not a happy camper! I instantly panic and try to fight off my tubes and mask and the poor staff..........i'm sure they've had worse right? Well, I "calm" down to a mere endless sobbing. More relax meds, so fuzzy I have no idea whats going on.

10-Time to go home. Still have no idea whats going on really. Somebody helped me get dressed (thanks). In a wheelchair out to car, bumpy ride ouch! Fading in and out on hour drive home. Get home and start crying again because I have to walk into the house, I think anesthesia just makes me cry period, plus i'm super afraid of blood clots.

The rest of the day I sleep on and off, sipping on water/ Protein shake/ and chicken broth, walk around to avoid clots and cry.

That night I have "baby gut" must get up about every 4 hours to sip on something because if I get hungry it hurts so bad!

Day 2-

Shoulder pains from the gas they inflated me with has subsided. I'm no longer taking anti-nausea medication. I'm soooo HUNGRY!!! My abdomen is too sore to get out of bed so I send husband for pain meds and a glass of Water to keep the hunger away.

Feeling better after pain med so get out of bed......slowly......to get a Protein shake and some Flinestone Vitamins. Yum

Soon a retreat back to bed.

3 year old comes to visit me. He's used to jumping on my gut to say hello. I pull of my shirt as he's ready to pounce and show him mommy's boo-boos. Now he's very gentle and gives me the softest kiss on my leg. Sweet boy. Mommy sleeps now

Sleep and sip all day. Walking to kitchen myself to keep clots at bay. I finally take the ted stockings off, what a relief.

Another night of baby gut.

Day 3

Get up at 6:30a and go get a Protein Shake. Hubby and son are sleeping in my bed. They look comfortable, i'm jealous.

9a, my energy is spent again so as everyone else gets up, i go to sleep.

Soreness is starting to get better. I'm no longer on pain meds now.

I sleep a little less, but still spend a lot of time vegging out in my bed.

I'm getting really bored now, so I cook dinner for my family. mmmm it looks good, i'm having italian ice and chicken broth.....

Only get up once during the night, "baby gut" is getting better.

Day 4

Soreness is so much better. I can move without whimpering. But the pressure! I have gas in me from head to toe. Feels like I can hardley breath. Ugh

Sippin on protein shake, taking Vitamin, walking around, hoping to work up a good....toot.

In bed still today, but making husband bring me laundry to fold while i'm resting.

I make dinner again. I'm such a good cook. Chicken alfredo, side salad, and fresh fruit with whip cream. YUM. I'm having broth and popsicles...again.

WOOOOHOOOO I poo-ed. First time since surgery. No more pressure. Life is good. I'm gonna make it after all.

I sleep through the night, bye-bye baby gut.

Day 5- I feel good enough to be out of bed all day, and write this lovely account of my journey thus far for you all. I hope you enjoyed:)

Jan 13th- 254lbs

Jan 17th-247lbs

Thanks for taking the time to go into such detail :) I am scheduled for this Thursday the 20th, and this really helps me to know what to expect.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Christina, I live on the Eastern Shore in a small town. I am 24 years old, and recently graduated from nursing school. I got married in June 2010 in Las Vegas woohooo to my son's father. Our son is 3 years old and we also have a 9 and 16 year old boy. I got banded on Jan. 13th by Dr. Alan Zarif (great doc!). I am 4 days post-op and starting to feel like a normal person again. Here's a little bit of my journey so far....

Day 1: Surgery

6a-Prep for surgery. They put a gown on me that hooks up to a warmer that blows warm air into the gown. I couldn't help but laugh as I blew up like a balloon.

7a- Anesthesiologists are starting to talk to me about risks (lalalala, i'm not listening), then comes the "forget you ever saw me" pre-surgery sadate you make u happy drug in the I.V. Ok, kisses to husband before I forget he kissed me.

9 something- Waking up from surgery in O.R. not a happy camper! I instantly panic and try to fight off my tubes and mask and the poor staff..........i'm sure they've had worse right? Well, I "calm" down to a mere endless sobbing. More relax meds, so fuzzy I have no idea whats going on.

10-Time to go home. Still have no idea whats going on really. Somebody helped me get dressed (thanks). In a wheelchair out to car, bumpy ride ouch! Fading in and out on hour drive home. Get home and start crying again because I have to walk into the house, I think anesthesia just makes me cry period, plus i'm super afraid of blood clots.

The rest of the day I sleep on and off, sipping on water/ Protein shake/ and chicken broth, walk around to avoid clots and cry.

That night I have "baby gut" must get up about every 4 hours to sip on something because if I get hungry it hurts so bad!

Day 2-

Shoulder pains from the gas they inflated me with has subsided. I'm no longer taking anti-nausea medication. I'm soooo HUNGRY!!! My abdomen is too sore to get out of bed so I send husband for pain meds and a glass of Water to keep the hunger away.

Feeling better after pain med so get out of bed......slowly......to get a Protein shake and some Flinestone Vitamins. Yum

Soon a retreat back to bed.

3 year old comes to visit me. He's used to jumping on my gut to say hello. I pull of my shirt as he's ready to pounce and show him mommy's boo-boos. Now he's very gentle and gives me the softest kiss on my leg. Sweet boy. Mommy sleeps now

sleep and sip all day. Walking to kitchen myself to keep clots at bay. I finally take the ted stockings off, what a relief.

Another night of baby gut.

Day 3

Get up at 6:30a and go get a Protein Shake. Hubby and son are sleeping in my bed. They look comfortable, i'm jealous.

9a, my energy is spent again so as everyone else gets up, i go to sleep.

Soreness is starting to get better. I'm no longer on pain meds now.

I sleep a little less, but still spend a lot of time vegging out in my bed.

I'm getting really bored now, so I cook dinner for my family. mmmm it looks good, i'm having italian ice and chicken broth.....

Only get up once during the night, "baby gut" is getting better.

Day 4

Soreness is so much better. I can move without whimpering. But the pressure! I have gas in me from head to toe. Feels like I can hardley breath. Ugh

Sippin on protein shake, taking Vitamin, walking around, hoping to work up a good....toot.

In bed still today, but making husband bring me laundry to fold while i'm resting.

I make dinner again. I'm such a good cook. Chicken alfredo, side salad, and fresh fruit with whip cream. YUM. I'm having broth and popsicles...again.

WOOOOHOOOO I poo-ed. First time since surgery. No more pressure. Life is good. I'm gonna make it after all.

I sleep through the night, bye-bye baby gut.

Day 5- I feel good enough to be out of bed all day, and write this lovely account of my journey thus far for you all. I hope you enjoyed:)

Jan 13th- 254lbs

Jan 17th-247lbs

Thank you! This was fun and informative :lol:

I also appreciate reading about the details. Good luck!