Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will you have plastic surgery after you've lost the weight?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will you have plastic surgery after you've lost the weight?

• Two words: hell no.
    • I won't say never, but I seriously doubt it.
    • I'd only consider it if the excess skin etc. causes other medical issues down the road.
    • I probably will if I feel the need and can afford to pay for it.
    • I'm definitely going to have a tummy tuck or something lifted/tightened.
    • Not only am I going to do it, I'm getting everything done. Tummy, lipo, butt, chest, upper arms, chin.

I think I will need some. I want to have another baby so TT is not an option anytime soon. I need the girls lifted from breastfeeding and weightloss combined. May need some work on my thighs too.

I've already had it all...LOL. I guess that means possible revisions for me. I had full body lipo., breast lift and Tummy Tuck in 2005. Would I do it again? Only the TT. I wouldn't pay the money for the BL or Lipo again......love the TT.

I already did the breast (enhanced and lifted) never new they weren't suppose to point at the floor until after I had the work done and went back to see the before photo's, I honestly didn't believe it was me.....!!!

I would like to say I won't have anything else done and just be happier with a lighter/healthier me, but if I've got a great "rack" and slim body, I don't want a sagging stomach to ruin it for me :faint:

I said hell no only because I did things in reverse. I had a breadt lift reduction and Tummy Tuck a few years before having my band done. I obviously was inpulsive and thought this would solve my problem but it didn't. My end result I still have real tight abs and my chest doesn't sag. Maybe my thighs and butt may have excess skin but for some reason I dont really notice that it was always my chest and belly that bugged me.

Cheryl

May2006-215

Today-158

Just did tt and bl, would do it again in a heart beat. Even day after surgery my husband asked if I'd do it agian. YEP!!! the girls are where they've never been before and the skin saggen from my stomach and sides is gone. I got into the band for medical reasons, mom stroked 8 times due to weight issues and didnt want to be in that position. the weight loss was great, but after the tt & bl I have no "only if's"

only if the skin was gone...

Only if my boobs didnt hit the floor...

The final touches made the 2 year journey of weight loss and struggles worth it.

have all feeling now in breasts, only alittle numb at tummy around and under belly button.

Heck yes! I had a lower body lift done on January 12. It was the 2nd best investment I'd ever made!

I am 100% for sure getting a breast life/reduction and depending on what my stomach looks like, a possible tuck. But the boobs are going to be redone - even if I WASN'T getting banded and losing weight.

Excess skin is something that has always worried me, my hanging belly and bingo wings I feel have been stretched beyond their limits, i definately think I will need a Tummy Tuck but I might get away with my arms.

I will see how I feel about it when I reach goal and then make a decision, either way I hate the thought of cosmetic surgery but i am prepared to do what i need to do to feel happy on the inside and outside.

I voted - I won't say never, but I seriously doubt it - My grandma, aunt and uncle all had the bypass done a few years ago, yes they sag but they look great. You can't tell it for the most part when they are wearing normal clothes but if they are in a bathing suit is when you notice it most or if my uncle has his shirt off. I figure saggy flat skin is better than all this fat hanging everywhere.

Funny I ran across this thread. I am 1 year and 11 months out and decided, with the help of my surgeon, that it was time I have a Tummy Tuck and a thigh lift. The tummy is awsome. She removed 5 lbs and 1 lb from each thigh. Now my DH is asking when the breast augmentation will be done. Man, give me time. I am only two weeks out from the tt and thigh lift.

I wish everyone luck and encourage you to have the plastic surgery if you need it and you will feel better about yourself.

Shannnon

I think I can get away with just a TT but I might need a breast reducution. My man boobs are perkier than most womans! and thats is just wrong:mad:

Im due to have a apronectomy in may, bit worried but i will go through with it. I came this far so i might as well finish what ive started, ill let u all know how it goes.

If there is hanging skin im getting it removed no matter what... I've seen what sagging skin looks like (i watch way too many plastic surery shows) and there is no way i would want to deal with it. I mean if i put in the effort to lose the weight i might as well look good i mean im only 22 still young so i want to look my best...

Unless my arms become amazing elastic, they are getting lipoed and lifted a few months after I get to goal. The rest will have to wait until after I have a kid. Then I can see where my body is at and what needs to be done (like the boobs).

Yeah. Unfortunately I know that I have a panniculectomy in my future. There is no way that my "apron" will do anything but get worse as I lose weight. And it's already causing me problems between the rash underneath it and the way it bounces about it makes exercise uncomfortable. I'm planning to start now making visits to my doctor's office to document these issues.

If I can get insurance to cover the panniculectomy then I'll probably spring for a boob job for myself. If I have to self-pay then the girls will just have to be saggy 'cause the tummy is my priority.