Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:blink: I am still in the works with nutrition. I have to lose 11 lbs before I can get to the next step. this has been very hard for me, in fact, so hard that I have actually gained 8 lbs since starting with the nutritionist.

So, in an attempt to get this thing going, yesterday I started with 2 Atkins shakes and a lean/green dinner.< /p>

Today I am having stomach cramping and rushing to the lue. Is this to be expected on a shake diet? Should I go about this thing from another angle?

Are you lactose intolerant? If you are or if you just have a problem with milk products in general, you might try soy milk or fruit based shakes/smoothies.

I'm sorry, I haven't had surgery yet so I shouldn't give advice. I know there is a Protein infused diet but I don't even know if we can have fruit based anything or soy milk.lol Disregard my comment. Good luck!

I would talk with you Nutritionist and see what she thinks about the Atkins shakes. It is true that people can react to different types of Proteins. The one that my doctor's office requires is whey isolate Protein, apparantly the body can break down Isolate type better.

Does your doctor's program include any therapy sessions? Mine did. At these group therapy sessons we discussed our trigger foods. Foods that we went to when we were sad, lonely; or that we would eat mindlessly while watching tv. I think if you do some soul searching there will be foods that don't seem "bad" but that you eat way to much of. Is it crackers or chips/crisps, candy, nuts, muffins, bread, ice cream? Some of these items can easily lead to a "snack" that has more calories than a small diet friendly meal.

I am suffering right along with you. All these Protein Shakes are so sweet and on a empty stomach its just not settling well.. I was nauseated all night last night plus big headache today woke up with stomach cramping. never been lactose intolerant at all I think its just these shakes

nectar Sweets has really good shake powders and that same company makes fruit based shakes that are usually good. I like the Crystal Sky one, it's white but when mixed turns blue. Sort of tastes like those blue popsicles in the plastic tube. Check Vitamin Shoppe if you have one.

http://m.vitaminshop...U8tMTAzMQ%3D%3D

http://www.google.co...ed=0CD4Q8gIwAg#

I like the Crystal Sky too, but I like the roadside lemonaid even better. You can get a sample pack and try all the nectar flavs. The Cherry wasn't too bad. The apple tasted just like green apple jolly ranchers to me. They are a nice change from the milky type stuff.

When at home where I can use the blender I like to toss in some yogurt, about 4 frozen strawberries, vanilla Protein powder, some ice and 2 sweet-n-lows.

I used to drink an Atkins shake every morning, but they changed the flavors to make them "new and improved" and they now taste very bad to me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches