Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else...

It seems since I've started this journey reading, educating myself, gathering all the info I need to get started towards getting the surgery,,I have started obsessing about food BIG TIME! More so than I ever have. I thought I would be so excited that I would stop that and start watching what I eat but I'm not and i'm gaining weight. I feel down and unmotivated. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, please tell me what you did to snap out of it!

Don't worry after the surgery you will still be able to eat food..good food and enough to make you happy, the surger is not a miracle you still have to work on self control BUT I find that having the band prevents me from eating as much as I could before lap band surgery, i went through the holiday season and kept my weight down...so what i'm trying to say is if perhaps you are afraid everything will be so different for you in regards to eating it won't be that bad, it will be good I am not proud of this but I had 3 slices of pizza last night and didn't die..i was uncomfortable but i didn't die LOL before lap band i probably would have had 5 or 6 pieces of pizza...hang in there keep trying you'll get there, one day you will just all of a sudden come to the decision that it's either the right thing for you or it is not.

good luck

It seems since I've started this journey reading, educating myself, gathering all the info I need to get started towards getting the surgery,,I have started obsessing about food BIG TIME! More so than I ever have. I thought I would be so excited that I would stop that and start watching what I eat but I'm not and i'm gaining weight. I feel down and unmotivated. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, please tell me what you did to snap out of it!

Yes... Its called the last meal syndrome of something ....I did it I tried to eat everything I could (lol) But the closer I got to my date the more serious I took this life changing event... Just keep the faith.. And don't beat yourself up to bad. The pre surgery 2 week will be all you need to ready yourself Plus the Holidays just passed We all failed diets that nothing new for a fat person(lol) But there is a silver lining at the end of the tunnel... We will do it together............You will be fine starting tomorrow(lol).......

Peace Queen I am right there with you!!! I need to keep my BMI up over 40, just barely there right now so that is part of it but I have been eating lots of the "bad stuff" that will be off limits at least for awhile with the liquid diets and all. On a positive note I haven't had any sodas AT ALL since 01.02 so I am pretty proud of that small accomplishment (which is HUGE for me, I was a 2 liter a day of diet Mt. Dew girl). Have my consult in the 24th so hopefully after I have a weigh in at the surgeons I can get started without worrying about the ins approval for a lower BMI.

I was eating everything during the holidays. I felt it was my goodbye to the bad food that I can't have anymore. I really regret it now because I gain weight from my start weigh in. Now I had more to lose, but I told my self I'm not going to beat my self up everyday. Yes I gain the weight, but now I'm really focused on doing this 100%. I started my liquid diet on the 31st and as of today have lost 19 pounds. Now that could of been 19 pounds from my 1st weigh in which right now I would weigh less then I do now :-(, but it is what it is. These 2 weeks really is a realty check for me!! My surgery date is the 14th and I'm just waiting... Try not to over think about it! Your not alone...

I'm exactly like Alygator... I had to keep my BMI at 40 and so I was eating and eating to actually gain weight. I had my consultation and first weigh in on the 5 Jan and just barely made it. Now that I'm in the process: psych eval on Monday, support group on Wed, etc, I should really be focusing on the smaller portions and such, but I have the mentality of "the last supper" too. I'm sure once I have to do the 2 wk liquid diet, I'll focus more on losing the weight but my surgeon does not require a pre-op diet except for the 2wks prior to surgery. I'm a little scared to start dieting now, but I've promised myself this is the last time I "diet" with the lapband, so this will be my last hoorah! We have to be diligent in focusing on our portion sizes and actually eating healthy!! Let the life changing experience begin!!!!! Good luck to you!!!

i can not begin to tell you how many "last meals" i had before my surgery!! i literally ate at all my favorite restaurants thinking i'd never be able to eat out again. so, you're not alone!! you probably won't snap out of it until after your surgery when you realize that you CAN still eat most of your favorite foods, just a lot less of it. while my favorite food is pizza, my band won't tolerate all that bread so i eat the best part of the pizza... the crust and the toppings.