Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SOMETHING WRONG???

I AM A LITTLE CONCERNED GUYS, I WAS BANDED MONDAY AND I HAVE ALREADY BEEN ABLE TO EAT A WHOLE SHRIMP IN MY Soup AND SOME Beans IN A MEXICAN SOUP I COOKED???? IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THAT OR IS IT JUST DIFFERENT PER BANDSTER? SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I'M TRIPPING MYSELF OUT AND STARTING TO CONVINCE MYSELF THAT, I HAVE STRETCHED MY POUCH?

I AM A LITTLE CONCERNED GUYS, I WAS BANDED MONDAY AND I HAVE ALREADY BEEN ABLE TO EAT A WHOLE SHRIMP IN MY Soup AND SOME Beans IN A MEXICAN SOUP I COOKED???? IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THAT OR IS IT JUST DIFFERENT PER BANDSTER? SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I'M TRIPPING MYSELF OUT AND STARTING TO CONVINCE MYSELF THAT, I HAVE STRETCHED MY POUCH?

SHould you be eating already!!! What happend to the liquid diet you should be on!!????

Well my Dr. said liquids this week, mushies next week and then on to the solids. For the most part, I have stuck to the liquids, I have only had a Protein Shake, a Water based Soup, the one with the one shrimp in it, and a Tomato based soup, I cooked today. Are those liquids too thick you think or what??

SHould you be eating already!!! What happend to the liquid diet you should be on!!????

im sorry if i sound mean..but the only thing wrong is u not following ur doctor rules.. you need to stay in your diet. full time not for the most part...

My doctor's definition of a clear liquid Soup is broth only. Nothing else in the soup at all. That's the type of soup that I was allowed during the clear liquid phase immediately preceding and then following my surgery for about one week each. After that I was migrated to a full liquid diet for another five weeks that included Tomato and cream Soups, but still with nothing else in them unless I pureed the heck out of them before cooking and eating. I was definitely not allowed any solid foods like shrimp at all unless pureed first. Am guessing that might be the problem, but you should definitely check with your own doctor's definitions and example foods for the various stages. Good luck.

Well my Dr. said liquids this week, mushies next week and then on to the solids. For the most part, I have stuck to the liquids, I have only had a Protein Shake, a Water based soup, the one with the one shrimp in it, and a tomato based soup, I cooked today. Are those liquids too thick you think or what??

You don''t sound mean at all, just honest and I appreciate that! I am having a really hard tome becuase I am a vegetarian and I can't eat the broths and stocks, but I guess I'll have to figure something else out.

im sorry if i sound mean..but the only thing wrong is u not following ur doctor rules.. you need to stay in your diet. full time not for the most part...

My dr told me that during my liquid diet I should only be able to eat/drink stuff the consistency of what you could sip through a straw. You shouldn't be chewing anything. If you need to then strain your Soups to get rid of any chunks like shrimp or Beans. You shouldn't chew anything on the liquid diet.

Do you have Whole Foods or Trader Joes markets in your area? I know that they both carry good and tasty vegetable broths. You might try that.

...I am a vegetarian and I can't eat the broths and stocks, but I guess I'll have to figure something else out.

You should follow your doctors orders. I can tell you what I did in those stages.7 days clear liquids- which included broth and Protein shakes7 days full liquids-Soups such as Tomato, low fat cream of chicken. and protein shakes7 days mushies - Egg whites, yoghurt, fat free cottage cheese and ff ricotta, tomato sauceIf you are supposed to be on liquids for a week and surgery was on Monday; you probably be on liquids only until Monday of next week. I don't want to sound mean spirited but stop eating all solids. This is about letting your stomach heal. Solids require you stomach to churn which right now is BAD. Liquids suck a lot but it in your case it is only for a week.

I had to be on Clear Liquids for 2 days (i couldn't get anything down anyways I was so sick to my stomach)...but 2 weeks liquids. Protein Shakes, Water, crystal light, gaterade, clear jellos, freeze pops. Your stomach needs to heal!!!! And eating the heavy Soups wont help.

After a week and 1/2 the nurse told me I could have soups (cream of chicken, but stain out the chunks!) Tomato is alright just add some milk. but tomato is also acidy! Shrimp really shouldn't be introduced til a later time! For me the 6th week after surgery. I can do Proteins now, but they need to be soft and moist (scrambled eggs, tuna with light mayo, chicken salad) ect...

Thanks guys, I will definitely check at Whole Foods for some more options and also straining the Soup is a great idea! I want to clarify though, not making excuses, but both the shrimp and the Beans were pureed, nothing whole or solid. What I meant was that I was able to get the whole shrimp down without any problems and that concerned me.

Swanson makes an all natural vegetarian vegetable broth. Also Knorr has cubes of vegetable broth that tastes really good--but loaded with MSG :)

Never in my life did I anticipate there'd be a day when I knew the brands and flavors of broth, and their ingredients. LMBO

You don''t sound mean at all, just honest and I appreciate that! I am having a really hard tome becuase I am a vegetarian and I can't eat the broths and stocks, but I guess I'll have to figure something else out.

Thanks guys, I will definitely check at Whole Foods for some more options and also straining the Soup is a great idea! I want to clarify though, not making excuses, but both the shrimp and the Beans were pureed, nothing whole or solid. What I meant was that I was able to get the whole shrimp down without any problems and that concerned me.

Shrimp is NOT liquid. Your doc said liquids this week. Purée is NOT liquid.

I am vegetarian too. I got mushroom stock and low sodium

vegetable stock. sugar free Popsicles were good but only two per day. I was only interested in my soy Protein shakes, Water and reduced sugar apple juice the first week.