Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I look like a slob!

Since I have had my surgery (10Nov10) I have not lost a staggering amount of weight, but I have lost over 30 pounds so far in total. (I am very happy with my progress, having lost about 10 pounds since surgery.)

Yesterday I was looking for something casual to wear to my sister's house and I found a pair of jeans that were really tight when I bought them. When I put them on, I looked like a total schlub because they were hanging off my body. They were so loose, in fact, that I was able to pull them down without undoing the zipper and button. :) I looked like a total slob, but I was a thinner version than before!! There goes another piece of clothing in the "do not wear" pile.

Nice!! Congrats! Thats such a great feeling :) Last night I put on a dress that I had ordered in July. When I got it it was SO tight that it just looked unacceptable...I could barely zip it up. Now its borderline too big. I'm going to Hawaii in a week and a half and I think I'm going to try and get one wear out of it, but then that will probably be the end of it :P

Congrats on the NSV!

Nice!! Congrats! Thats such a great feeling :) Last night I put on a dress that I had ordered in July. When I got it it was SO tight that it just looked unacceptable...I could barely zip it up. Now its borderline too big. I'm going to Hawaii in a week and a half and I think I'm going to try and get one wear out of it, but then that will probably be the end of it :P

Congrats on the NSV!

Thanks and the same to you! It really is weird, but I'll take looking like a thinner slob any day! Have a great trip to Hawaii. :)

What does NSV mean?

What does NSV mean?

NSV= Non scale Victory...something you achieve other then the scale going down.

Oh yes! Such a yummy feeling....'Walking out of your pants' syndrome. I want to see that two more times. :rolleyes: And BTW, 30 pounds is a lot when you see it all on one space. You should be proud of yourself. We are proud of you!

The other day I said to my doc's nurse...I've only lost 80 pounds in the last 14 months. She happily informed me that I might not consider that much but my body sure does!

I quickly had a flashback of carrying a 60 pound rucksack & and M16 around in the Army for miles and miles and thought, "Yep, 80 (or even 30) pounds is a lot when you are schlepping it around 24/7." I'm glad to even see 5 pounds go now.

I feel the same way-I could take my pants off without unbuttoning them. It is a good thing but I want to wait to spend a lot on a new wardrobe. Wont be where I want to be til spring. Might just get some stretchy black leggings or something basic to get by til its will be really FUN to shop! Good luck!

My wife who had a lap band 7 months ago and lost 108 lbs, has found the local goodwill and other 2nd hand stores to be her friend. Also her MD office has a cloths closet. Many times in the 2nd hand stores she has found smaller size clothing with price tags intact for 1-3 dollars. Her MDs office has a room where people bring their bigger cloths and they can pick up smaller cloths for free. Good luck and congratulations!

I also had my lapband surgery nov 10th 2010. I have only lost 10lbs, ive had one fill but feel little to no restriction. I hope i can start to see some numbers move soon!

Congrats! I think 30 lbs. is wonderful. I've been banded since Sept. 2nd and I've only lost 29lbs. I did just get my 3rd fill last Wednesday and I think that I may have actually hit the jackpot this time, as I'm feeling very restricted, so much so, I seem to get stuck (lightyly) every meal. I know what you mean about the jeans coming off without even undoing them, when that happened to me I was so excited. I have 2 piles - (1) things that are too big and (2) things I can't wait to get back into from years ago, specifically skinny jeans. LOL Good Luck to future NSV's.

About all the clothes in my closet are too big. I have only bought a few new items that fit because I figure I will be going down in sizes before long. I do know, however, what I will be doing the 10 days I am off for Christmas and New Year. Cleaning out the closet!

Congrats! It is a great feeling! I have been there, I still rolled some of my pants at the waist until I go down to the next size. My poor husband can't handle all of the clothes purchases lately!

I was wearing a pair of hand-me-down jeans, yesterday. they were very loose, and I was tired of pulling them up. We were at Sears, Christmas shopping. I said how about if I pick up a pair of jeans? he said, "You know, I was happy to have to buy you new clothes, but you are getting clothes crazy,now" What a great thing to do, because I am now wearing size 8 Lee jeans! I am down from 22w since Oct.30,2009. I am now. officially smaller than when I had my son 36 years ago.Congratulations to us all, with our NSV!!!