Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A few more issues

I am really liking Google Chrome's browser with an Ad Blocker running. I am not seeing any of the advertisements at all! I still MUCH prefer the old platform, but it is now bearable.

Cocoabean,

Thanks for the suggestion about Ad Blocker. I've been using Chrome for some time now and I love it. Ad blocker makes such a huge difference on this site.

Cindy

Cocoabean,

Thanks for the suggestion about Ad Blocker. I've been using Chrome for some time now and I love it. Ad blocker makes such a huge difference on this site.

Cindy

I am sure the advertisers hate it, but I love it!

I have tried resetting my settings and it still isn't working. I liked to be able to enter the thread where I left off. To have to come into the site and search for what may or may not be new is just a time wasting PITA. I think a lot of the "older" more experienced bandsters will probably leave which is sad for the newer people that could benefit from their experience.

It also seems like Alex doesn't care because if he did he might read some of these threads and offer us assistance.

In the end it all seems to be down to $$$$$$$. How naive of us to think that this site was actually a lapband support site.

It would have been nice if a general message had gone out to all members before the changeover warning us that it was going to happen and another one when it was completed explaining the changes and how to be able to easily navigate the new site.

Apart from the issues with the LBT that have already been pointed out there are a few more that I would like to raise.

Previously I used to get email notifications when threads that I had posted in or subscribed to had new messages. This is no longer happening. I really don't have the time or the inclination to keep logging into the site and then trying to find out if there is anything new or not and where it is. Please bring back the email notifications as it is a far quicker and easier method of replying to threads that I am interested in.

Ditto private messages - I am not getting email notifications for those either.

I believe the email issue has been resolved...

I don't understand the quote thing. I got a notification(not via email) that someone had quoted something I had posted. When I followed the link I could not see the quote.I am not sure what the purpose of this is or how it is supposed to work.

You can turn off the notifications that you don't want to see. Please peruse your "My Settings" and adjust to your liking. You can find this by clicking the drop down next to your profile picture at the top left of your webpage. I suggest you take some time out to do this and read all options. There are many customizations, I believe many will find very useful and helpful.

Please create a page where we can see a list of NEW THREADS. This is far more user friendly than having to go into each seperate forum. If I have to do that then I am not going to bother.

You can view "new threads" by clicking on the "View New Content" button at the upper right corner.

Please restore the functionality of being able to see what a thread is about without opening it.

If you hover your mouse over the subject, you will see a small green sheet of paper appear. Click on the icon that appears and you will be able to view content without having to click on the thread link.

I understand the change due to advertising but I do not understand why functionality that we previously had has disappeared. Surely we should be getting improvements not going backwards which is what it appears is happening at the moment.

View new content does not show new threads. It shows threads that have new posts - there is a big difference.

If you hover your mouse over the subject, you will see a small green sheet of paper appear. Click on the icon that appears and you will be able to view content without having to click on the thread link.

Just tried this. No green sheet of paper.

The first day of this new site I was able to go to my settings and reset up email notifications. However, unlike the old site where you just got notified when someone posted and not again until you visited the site, you got an email every time someone posted. However, it only lasted a day and then that stopped working again. I hate having to scroll around when I do come back to the site to find where I left off in the threads I frequent.

If you click the tiny box right in front of the link that gets you to the thread, it will take you to the last viewed post, since you were in the thread. Much like it was in the old format. That has not changed.

If it is not doing this, it will need to be fixed by Admin. It should work this way.

Just tried this. No green sheet of paper.

You have to wait for it to appear. It isn't there off the bat. When doing this look toward the right of the subject line. If you move your mouse off it will disappear.

View new content does not show new threads. It shows threads that have new posts - there is a big difference.

It shows both. I'm only trying to help...

It seems you are still missing the point. Up until this latest upgrade I had a link(Alex gave it to me ) that took me to a page where I could see new threads. I loved that - it was easy to see if there was anything new and interesting going on. Without that i have to wade through pages and pages to see if anything catches my interest which to be honest is more of a PITA than its worth.

Will Alex restore this functionality that I had previously or not?

I'm very sorry this free website is not to your liking. I personally have been posting at another website with the exact same functionality and have not had much issue with it.

I'll be very happy to help anyone more if they have any further questions, via PM.

I was just trying to find the FAQs for a new user, they seem to have disappeared. Remember the one that had the glossary of terms like PB and slime? Did it move somewhere else?

Another thing: When this new site was up - all my prior PM's were lost. Then yesterday, after I logged in it said I had 232 private messages but the latest was November 29th, even though I had made PM's through Dec. 2nd. I have no idea what is going on with all of this. Very confusing.

I was just trying to find the FAQs for a new user, they seem to have disappeared. Remember the one that had the glossary of terms like PB and slime? Did it move somewhere else?

Hi Cocoa, I just tried searching for it and nothing was found. Maybe someone can PM Alex and ask where it might be - or someone start up a new thread. Let me know and I'll pin it up for an easy find.

Another thing: When this new site was up - all my prior PM's were lost. Then yesterday, after I logged in it said I had 232 private messages but the latest was November 29th, even though I had made PM's through Dec. 2nd. I have no idea what is going on with all of this. Very confusing.

I believe there was a glitch for a few days with the PM system unfortunately. Sorry... :(