Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A few more issues

Apart from the issues with the LBT that have already been pointed out there are a few more that I would like to raise.

Previously I used to get email notifications when threads that I had posted in or subscribed to had new messages. This is no longer happening. I really don't have the time or the inclination to keep logging into the site and then trying to find out if there is anything new or not and where it is. Please bring back the email notifications as it is a far quicker and easier method of replying to threads that I am interested in.

Ditto private messages - I am not getting email notifications for those either.

I don't understand the quote thing. I got a notification(not via email) that someone had quoted something I had posted. When I followed the link I could not see the quote.I am not sure what the purpose of this is or how it is supposed to work.

Please create a page where we can see a list of NEW THREADS. This is far more user friendly than having to go into each seperate forum. If I have to do that then I am not going to bother.

Please restore the functionality of being able to see what a thread is about without opening it.

I understand the change due to advertising but I do not understand why functionality that we previously had has disappeared. Surely we should be getting improvements not going backwards which is what it appears is happening at the moment.

I've never received email notifications elcee but I can help you with a couple of things. If you want to see the new posts, go to the right top corner of the forum and click on 'View New Content'.

Also if you hover over thread in a list view, a little icon appears on the side of the title and clicking this will allow you to preview the thread.

Hope you get answers for the rest of the issues.

Thanks

It's not the new posts I'm looking for it's the new threads. I used to have a link that took me to a page that showed them but it no longer works. Hovering over thread titles doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment either.

I always used to get email notifications , have checked my settings to see if changing those helps. It hasn't - I didn't get a notification that you had replied! If this doesn't get sorted out I am going to give up as it's just too hard.I can see that there may be a lot of members that give up which will be a pity.

Elcee....I sure am missing my email notifications, too. As far as the hovering over topics....there's a little icon (greenish) off to the right of the topic. It's a little hard to see at first. Click on it and it will open the first paragraph of the thread. Change sucks, doesn't it??????

:(I hate to say it, but I am finding it so hard to figure out this new layout that I am almost to the point of letting this site go. I will miss all the information I gain from it, but I had just figured out the other layout since I am new.

I hate the changes! Now I can't update my ticker and I don't want to make a new one because all the info on my weightloss chart graph will be lost. I guess it's lost anyway since I can't update. I give up and now don't spend as much time on LBT as I used to. I'm glad I had it while I was in my big weightloss phase.

What happened to the "social groups" section? dont really care for this new layout.

I don't get my e-mails either, and it is really dissapointing, because I went through and subscribed like I would on the old site....daily notifications! I have yet to recieve any e-mails!

Apart from the issues with the LBT that have already been pointed out there are a few more that I would like to raise.

Previously I used to get email notifications when threads that I had posted in or subscribed to had new messages. This is no longer happening. I really don't have the time or the inclination to keep logging into the site and then trying to find out if there is anything new or not and where it is. Please bring back the email notifications as it is a far quicker and easier method of replying to threads that I am interested in.

Ditto private messages - I am not getting email notifications for those either.

I don't understand the quote thing. I got a notification(not via email) that someone had quoted something I had posted. When I followed the link I could not see the quote.I am not sure what the purpose of this is or how it is supposed to work.

Please create a page where we can see a list of NEW THREADS. This is far more user friendly than having to go into each seperate forum. If I have to do that then I am not going to bother.

Please restore the functionality of being able to see what a thread is about without opening it.

I understand the change due to advertising but I do not understand why functionality that we previously had has disappeared. Surely we should be getting improvements not going backwards which is what it appears is happening at the moment.

Elcee, if you click where it has signed in as Elcee and go to My Settings, then Notifications, it has where you can be emailed for new topics. In digest of other formats. Have you checked those? Mine were all messed up when they made the changeover.

Elcee, if you click where it has signed in as Elcee and go to My Settings, then Notifications, it has where you can be emailed for new topics. In digest of other formats. Have you checked those? Mine were all messed up when they made the changeover.

Thanks for pointing out the My Settings thing. I'm also sad that I don't get emails. Hopefully that will change now. Does anyone know what an inline notification is? That was one of the options in My Settings, and I'm just wondering if I should uncheck all of the boxes for it. I don't want to get multiple notifications for things (which is whats happening now).

This place is now a mess.

It used to be a Lap band site with some advertising.

Now, it's an advertising site with some Lap band content.

Incidentally, this is not actually an "upgrade"....it's an entirely new system. A whole different product. It DOES allow for more advertising space. There is more flexibility in the infrastructure for changes to the appearance, which translates to being able to jam an advertisement in where ever the site owner wants. Which appears to be EVERYWHERE.

There are other products that would have made MUCH more sense for a community like this.....but.....who knows what the owners were thinking when they did this.

S.

This place is now a mess.

It used to be a Lap band site with some advertising.

Now, it's an advertising site with some Lap band content.

Incidentally, this is not actually an "upgrade"....it's an entirely new system. A whole different product. It DOES allow for more advertising space. There is more flexibility in the infrastructure for changes to the appearance, which translates to being able to jam an advertisement in where ever the site owner wants. Which appears to be EVERYWHERE.

There are other products that would have made MUCH more sense for a community like this.....but.....who knows what the owners were thinking when they did this.

S.

I just installed an ad blocker for Safari (and I may install one for firefox too...I use both browsers) and there are NO ads anymore. Not on the sides or the top or within text boxes - nothing. And the site loads WAY faster. Try it.

I really can't stand the whole huge column of ads on the right hand side...it drives me nuts that the threads aren't at least centered. yuck

Thanks for pointing out the My Settings thing. I'm also sad that I don't get emails. Hopefully that will change now. Does anyone know what an inline notification is? That was one of the options in My Settings, and I'm just wondering if I should uncheck all of the boxes for it. I don't want to get multiple notifications for things (which is whats happening now).

I -think- inline notifications are the ones that come up when you log on, but am not sure. I unchecked everything except for inline for PMs. So we'll see. All I want is notices when I sign on that I have a PM. I don't want notices when someone changes their status or quotes me on a thread or posts to a thread I am subscribed to. I am getting it back to that point, but it has been painful.

I am really liking Google Chrome's browser with an Ad Blocker running. I am not seeing any of the advertisements at all! I still MUCH prefer the old platform, but it is now bearable.

The first day of this new site I was able to go to my settings and reset up email notifications. However, unlike the old site where you just got notified when someone posted and not again until you visited the site, you got an email every time someone posted. However, it only lasted a day and then that stopped working again. I hate having to scroll around when I do come back to the site to find where I left off in the threads I frequent.