Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3rd day banded....How do the Nov. 22nd bandsters feel today?

Today is the 3rd day after srugery. I am wondering how my fellow November 22nd bandsters are doing. Any trouble getting in all of your Protein and liquids? I am not able to drink the 4-5 Protein drinks my surgeon wants me to. It is just too much for me. Honestly, I think I am simply tired of the Protein Drinks since I have been on them since November 8th!

This morning, I woke up and was in sort of an anxiety attack. I think it really kicked in mentally that I was now banded. I'm not sure if this is a normal reaction a few days out.

Also, I was a bit nauseated this morning. It may have been from the anxiety I was experiencing. So, I took a pain pill and my nausea meds and went back to bed. Since I have woken up, I feel much better.

Another issue I had this morning was with phlem. I was sent home with a breathing apparatus that I am reguired to take in deep breaths 10 times an hour. I love it because I can feel it opening up my lungs. Even so, this morning it caused me to cough real deep and some nasty, thick phlem came up! I am assuming this is a good thing and this breating apparatus is helping to keep my lungs clear.

Hello! I'm feeling much better today. I'm off pain meds pretty much and hopefully for good. I did do too much by going to the mall to get some Protein drinks from GNC so now I'm sore. I'm swollen in my abdomen which is what I'm really concerned about. I also couldn't get 5 drinks down. Today I had a 4oz cup of applesauce and thought I was dying. Not a good feeling. I know I ate too fast. Now I cant eat or drink anything until I get over that discomfort. My plan was to have some pudding for lunch but lunch might be around 2'oclock at this rate. Talk about a learning curve. I'm not easily letting go of my 'eat quickly' habits. As for getting so much liquid in - I did much better yesterday than I am today. I think the applesauce really threw me off course. There's just so much to remember. I have a million questions about it all.

I am so glad that you are feeling well. I have only had 3-4 pain pills since I came home Monday night. Adding the nausea pill with it this morning has really made me tired. Today, I have only gotten down 3/4 of one Protein drink. Now, I am working on getting 1/2 of one down. Between the Protein Drink and Water, I am full! I know this is how I should feel with the band, but I am afraid I am not getting enough fluids.

Don't stress over your swollen tummy. Mine is pretty "puffy" itself. I just contribute it to swelling and some bloating from all of the air they forced into me during surgery. I did walk around the house a lot yesterday and passed some major gas last night. That was wonderful!

I am feeling much better today. I also had a moment of "what the heck have I done to myself"! I spoke to the dietician at my doctor's office today about what full feels like at this point. I get very heavy feeling in my chest and sharp pains in my left shoulder and neck. She said that was still the gas and that I was probably eating or drinking too fast. I am so thirsty and it is so hard to take small sips! I think I have had some spasms today as well....feels like a burp that won't come up.

I went out with my daughter shopping for a bit today....I am tired after about 3 hours out with her so I am taking a nap!

So glad to come out here and see that most of what I'm experiencing is normal.....hang in there....we can do this! The dietician told me that we are in the worst part right now....hope she is right!

I am feeling much better today. I also had a moment of "what the heck have I done to myself"! I spoke to the dietician at my doctor's office today about what full feels like at this point. I get very heavy feeling in my chest and sharp pains in my left shoulder and neck. She said that was still the gas and that I was probably eating or drinking too fast. I am so thirsty and it is so hard to take small sips! I think I have had some spasms today as well....feels like a burp that won't come up.

I went out with my daughter shopping for a bit today....I am tired after about 3 hours out with her so I am taking a nap!

So glad to come out here and see that most of what I'm experiencing is normal.....hang in there....we can do this! The dietician told me that we are in the worst part right now....hope she is right!

I am glad to hear you are doing well too. Also, as much as I hate it that you had some anxiety, it does help to know you are not alone! I have some chest pain too, but I have been passing gas which helps so much.

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? I am on liquids until next Tuesday.....ugh! So, I won't be enjoying the Thanksgiving dinner. My doc did say I could try something mushy at the end of the week if I felt like it. I am just scared to try.

Like you, I am trying to sip my drinks. Even so, I want to guzzle the Protein drink! We all need to support one another and give any advice we have!

Well it the same here can't get all the protien in. I love the breathing exercise it hurt like heck but it work. I walk around the block today. The gas is not so bad. The med help alot. But my tummy is really swollen but I think because of the hernia I didn't know I had plus from all the gas they put in you. The nurse call me an ask how I feeling an she said all the thing are normal. So I am wondering if you dont have a bm do u take milk magnesia r do u take something else to help u:blink:

I'm feeling good as well 2 days after surgery. I haven't really felt hungry but know that I need nourishment. So far, I've only had broth. I know that Protein is the priority, but I haven't had any yet. Until tomorrow, I can't use skim milk to mix the protein; however, once this broth has settled. I will use 24gms of Protein into 8oz of Water, and then again at dinner.

I do have bloatedness and am taking Gas-X and will be patient for it to go away. I, like some of you, have moments where I feel like "what have I just done?" I think it's all about getting past these early post-op days and not judging the future on how we feel now. Right now, it's all about healing and nothing else. Let's be kind and patient with our bodies, we've come a long way to get to this point and a long way investing in our healthy futures. Yes, right now there is so much to remember - I have been keeping my post-op instructions in the bed with me so that I don't make any mistakes. My most difficuty is the soreness and ackiness in the procedure area (I had the single incision). So when I walk, I must hold my stomach for relief. Though I'm very sore, I am not taking any pain meds. I had one dose of liquid Tylenol last night, but that's all. I don't even know if it worked.

I will be thankful on Thanksgiving because I'm grateful for this opportunity to get healthy. And honestly, I haven't thought much about the holiday because I've been focused on the Lapband. I refuse to think about any festive foods I'll be missing; why toture myself? However, I am looking forward to the next steps of mushy foods - I am SO DONE WITH SHAKES!! :)

Banded on the 22nd. Alot of gas. Gone for walks, all I did was burp during the walks. Not eating anything. Sipping Water. Maybe sipped 6 ounces of Water so far. Doctor told me to take tylenol liquid gels if I do not feel good. Has anyone taken tylenol liquid gels and what dosage.

I think the hunger pains are setting in with me. My tummy has been growling and rolling all afternoon. The problem is, I can hardly stand to drink the liquids I am allowed to. I tried to call my Dietician, but she is out of town....yay me!

I just got up and put a load of clothes in the washer. I'm not sure that was the best idea. Now, my incisions are burning from the weight of the laundry. It looks like I am going to have to put that job on my hubby or daughter...lol!

I had my band done 7 days ago. I, too, had the "omg I actually put a foreign object in my body" moment! i am graduating from Clear Liquids to full liquids this week. i have been drinking 2-3 slimfasts a day and chicken or beef broth in between and have kept it down. although i do get gassy from drinking too fast and need to learn how to slow down. my stomach growls like crazy but doesnt hurt. my incision areas hurt a little if I lift or twist the wrong way but all in all am doing okay. I am looking forward to moving on to mushy then real food! I met a lady yesterday, who had her band done 5 months ago and she has lost 50lbs with little effort so I am psyched!

Okay here is an update for this evening. I'm kind of freaking out because my stomach still feels so uncomfortably full from applesauce at 10am this morning. It's 5:30 at night and I feel like if I had just eaten way too much Pasta. I'm so uncomfortably full and bloated. Please tell me this is normal. I don't think I ate slow enough either because there is pain in my chest like above my stomach. Is that normal? I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to eat again and yes I'm freaking out a little bit. I'm swollen very much still. I was told to really try to get to purees today even though I feel like I should still try liquid. I'm going to go back to liquid I think. I also can't pace myself. I eat with a baby spoon and leave a few minutes in between with the applesauce but I still have this uncomfortable overly full feeling.

DizzyGirl, I am not allowed to have anything but liquids for the first 4 days following surgery. So, I can not relate to the feeling you have. Even so, you stated that you think you may have eaten too quickly. I am thinking that may be the problem. You probably took in a lot of air when eating so fast. Now, that air is causing you to feel bloated. Just a thought.

I would think that if you had eaten too much, it would come right back up. Your stomach is still swollen from the procedure. So, you may have more restriction than what you think. Keep us posted on how it goes. Good luck!

Today is my 3rd day as well.. i was banded on 11/22. I haven't eaten much if at all... I've had 3 sugar free Jello Cups since Monday, broth and sips of Water and Cranberry juice.< /span>

Right now i just prepared some Cream of Wheat and i'm going to try to have that, just to have some sort of Protein (made it with milk).

I went to the gym today to walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes because i still have gas.

Any gas has been coming out the other way along with runniness (sorry for the visual).

If i can get over the sore throat (from the tube going down my throat) and some of the residual gassiness. I will be good.

Wow Dizzy! Your story is the exact same as mine. I was banded on the 19th and I as I said I am going through the very same things you are. I found this fourm looking for an answer. Sure hope I can find it.