Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Closer

:nervous Well Dr Singh's office called today and said that she needed my current blood work ( it got misplace from the original package) and then she would be submitting my package to the Ins Co. She also said she had a time trying to find out who to send the package to but she finally got the address. She wanted to fax it the ins co said she had to mail the package. So it will go out today or Monday, depending on when she gets the blood work paper work. My PCP said she will FAX the blood work over to Dr Singh office today. So maybe I will know something in about 2 weeks. :):D :D :D :D :D

ConnieA0278, what was your experience with Dr. Brody? I talked with his office regarding a fill and was a bit nervous that he only charges $80 per fill. Although that is a great price, I also know that inexpensive does not mean good at times. Is he aggressive with his fills?

ConnieA0278, what was your experience with Dr. Brody? I talked with his office regarding a fill and was a bit nervous that he only charges $80 per fill. Although that is a great price, I also know that inexpensive does not mean good at times. Is he aggressive with his fills?

I haven't had a fill yet but he seems really nice and he got me through surgery ok so so far im ok with him i go to see him tomorrow yay

Well I was told my paper work went to the insurance company on yesterday. Now I found out that I may need a letter from my PCP. So I will get that lined up. I have my Phyc Report that has to get the surgeon. That that is good!

BUT then today I get a call from the sleep Study Ctr. The Dr wants another sleep study. :angry It can not be done until April 15. :angry :angry Then it’s another 2 week for the report :angry :angry :angry and then 3 weeks that I will need to be on a CPAP :angry :angry :angry :angry before I can have surgery. So now we are looking for the end of May.:angry :angry :angry :angry :angry I have a graduation out of town the end of May and then I have a business trip June 12th that I have to work around. :) :) :)

The sleep study ctr told me all that stuff too but they worked around it. I went to another location and they rushed the second report.:phanvan

Relax you have lived with a band for this long, it will just make it sweeter when you get it. Also, it was denied so stay up and give them what they want.

Stay positive, drink your Water, walk and chew chew chew. Live like you are banded.:)

:update: Called Insurance company today and they said they received the paperwork it yesterday. Has to go the medical review board and could take a few weeks. Just as long as I am approved I do not care still stuck with other sleep and stress tests. One step closer and two back!! Barbara :tired :nervous :paranoid :)

Still no word from the ins. co.:mad: but I do have good news I just finished y stress test the heart is just fine. :clap2: No blockages and it pumps great too.:clap2: The doctor sounded very surprised. :clap2: So one more step closer. :clap2:

I did call the ins. co. on Monday and I was told by somebody that I was approved. That I was approved on March 30th! She went on the say the code number that was approved and the documents that should be in the mail. :Banane04: I was so happy and not thinking at the time, that was the day that they received the package. So I hung up and called the surgeon and while talking to them, I realized that March 30th was the date they received the package!! :frusty: Boy was I mad I called ins. co. back. :frusty: Another person looked at ins. case and said that there was no way it was approved already. :angry They only had it for 6 business days and there was a back log of requests in house. She went all through the documents and said it was still being reviewed and I asked again if any thing was missing. She said no. I should know something in the net few weeks. Well I think I will be calling every few day to see the status.:mad:

Hi Barbara, I was just thinking about you yesterday.... Its great that they have all the paperwork they need. Now just a few more days and you'll be giving us the good news... Yeahhhh.

How is your daughter? Has the recital been reschedules yet?

Thanks for the reply.

As for Leona, her recital at the present time it is schedules for May 18 at 4 PM. Although it still may change due to a conflicts with her voice teacher. I will let everyone know as soon as things get settled. :Banane04:

Barbara I don't know what is wrong with these insurance companies. I hope they get it straight soon and give you that call. Thanks for keeping us updated. Tell Leona we miss her.:Banane04:

:uwelcome: I do not have the letter yet but I called GEHA again was told that as of April 12, I was approved. Now I have to finish the sleep study get on the CPAP for several weeks before the surgeon will do the lapband. Another step closer. I hope I will have the surgery by the end of May.:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: CONGRATS!!!! That is so AWESOME!

What a great gift for your Easter basket. I am sooo Happy for ya Barbara! We'll be seeing ya on the lighter side in no time!!