Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i think i need help...

i feel like a complete failure.

i feel like i fell off the band wagon and havent been able to get back on since december.

i feel i'm trying but i feel like giving up also.

i feel hungry a lot of the time. in the morning, i dont eat cause i either cant or dont have time cause i'll be using that time getting ready for class. i dont have lunch either cause by time im done getting ready, its time to go to class (i get up at 10am and leave for class at 11:45)

i feel LAZY! i feel like i cant force myself to exercise...i want to do it but i dont know what it is, i try pushing myself, but it doesnt work.

i know for one thing, I DO want to get rid of this weight.

i feel like cryingcause i'm thinking one thing and then the other part of my mind is telling me to do another thing.

i have a different goal and that's 50-55 pounds in 5-6 months. havent started yet and i can get motivated.

so yeah, i'm asking for your, help please, push me or motivate me, something =/

thanks!♥

Hey Erin -

I think we got banded around the same time. I also fell off the wagon for awhile, but have forced myself to start exercising twice a day, 6 days a week, and I have been making sure I am aware and responsible about every single bite that goes into my mouth. Its hard sometimes! But I'm doing it. If I can, then you can too! I find coming back to this site and blogging is very helpful for keeping me on track. Be happy for your weightloss so far and keep going!!

Also, there are links to the New Year's and Turkey Day Challenges in my signature. Join them! Its so motivating!!

Edited by isaviolinist

revamp yourself.. i knw what your going through.. i had my surgery done 7/6/2010 and for a few weeks i felt i wasnt doing good enough. but i got myself out of that frame of mind and started walking and exercising.. and now the weight is coming off again.. your young you can do this:thumbup:

Erin18, I have been following your posts since you were banded. You had a very rough time in the beginning and then not being able to get a fill for a long, long time because of insurance. So you have been dealing with the band for as long as I have, but I did not have to go through all you did, so in some ways you are behind and have worked harder without all the help you needed. You seem to really want to lose weight so just make up you mind that you will do it. You are young and beautiful and have you whole life in front of you so do it now not when you are older like I was. It will make such a difference. I know you have it in you to do it. Good luck!

Cheri

i feel like a complete failure.

i feel like i fell off the band wagon and havent been able to get back on since december.

i feel i'm trying but i feel like giving up also.

i feel hungry a lot of the time. in the morning, i dont eat cause i either cant or dont have time cause i'll be using that time getting ready for class. i dont have lunch either cause by time im done getting ready, its time to go to class (i get up at 10am and leave for class at 11:45)

i feel LAZY! i feel like i cant force myself to exercise...i want to do it but i dont know what it is, i try pushing myself, but it doesnt work.

i know for one thing, I DO want to get rid of this weight.

i feel like cryingcause i'm thinking one thing and then the other part of my mind is telling me to do another thing.

i have a different goal and that's 50-55 pounds in 5-6 months. havent started yet and i can get motivated.

so yeah, i'm asking for your, help please, push me or motivate me, something =/

thanks!♥

Hi Erin

I think if you just make a little more effort to prepare that you will have better results. I often don't have time to fix myself Breakfast, but I make sure I have something that I can throw in my purse. Things like a Protein bar, or some string cheese, even a piece of fruit will keep you from starving. You can eat something on the way to school or on a break. Even a little bit will help.

You didn't say if you have restriction, or what you are eating when you do eat....

It also sounds like you may be a little depressed, and beating yourself up a bit. You are very young, and I remember being in your shoes at the same age. I was young, overweight and depressed. I didn't have the option of a LAP-BAND® though, so please realize how lucky you are to have been able to get that kind of help. Now you need to push yourself a little bit and work what you got :-)

I think that if you just take one small step at a time, you will realize that you have the power and can make this work for you. Take a few minutes and write down the things that you need to do for yourself. Just start working on one at a time, it will lead to the next and the next. Maybe you can find a friend to exercise with. Or just go for a walk every other day. Just put one foot in front of the other, and the next time will be easier. Listen to music and just dance for 15 minutes. You will feel better about yourself every time you push yourself a little.

Please make sure to get yourself some Protein Bars or something portable that you can take with you in the morning so you aren't starving by the time you can eat.

I have to agree with what Cheri said, I had to wait until I was 55 to get my band. Don't waste your life letting your weight hold you back. Strive to be as healthy as you can be, and you will have a wonderful quality of life. But no matter what your weight, always make an effort to love yourself. Be the best you can be, for yourself, for those who love you now and for those who will love you in the future....

Good Luck to you, beautiful girl :frown:

Erin,

Don't overwhelm yourself with trying to make major changes. Put aside the issue of exercise right now and get your eating under control.

The best thing you can do is to make sure you eat *something*. Don't skip meals. You're more likely to grab the bad things, and eat too many of them, when you've waited too long to eat.

Have handy things in your refrigerator - cheese, hard boiled eggs, ready made salads. I create individual zip lock baggies for diced celery, sliced radishes, green peppers and other low carb salad veggies so I can just put my baby spinach in a bowl, toss on whatever vegies I want with about an ounce of cheese and some homemade italian or blue cheese dressing.

If you must pick something up at a fast food place like Wendy's, order a burger with cheese and without a bun. You don't need the carbs in the bun...they'll just feed your carb craving and leave you wanting more.

You can do this...just takes a bit of preplanning. :frown:

Erin, you only recently started getting fills you desperately needed. Why not treat yourself as though you're a new bandster, and give yourself the compassion you'd give someone else in your shoes?

That said, you DO have the tool you need, and now it's working--but you're not.

Instead, you're creating really lofty goals, getting frustrated, but bypassing opportunities to work toward them.

My first question is whether there is counseling available to you on campus. That would help a lot, I think.

Secondly, if your classes start at 11:45, you have ample time to get your day started, and set it in motion the RIGHT way. Eat Breakfast. Pack or plan a good lunch. And get some exercise under your belt.

You won't even have to get up all that early to do these things.

YOU JUST HAVE TO DO THEM.

You know by now that the band alone doesn't do it. For months and months and months, you were hanging your hopes on the elusive fill you couldn't have.

All the while, you had us telling you that there were things 100 PERCENT IN YOUR CONTROL you could work to manage while you waited---and you didn't.

Now you've got the tool working. And you're still not doing what you need to do.

Why? What is really holding you back? It's not time. You've got the time. WHAT IS STOPPING YOU FROM ALLOWING YOURSELF TO SUCCEED, ERIN??

A counselor can help you identify what is really going on.

Erin, how can you go wrong with all this support. We all go through many stages of slacking off for a while, but you need to remember to get back to the grind stone and get moving. I wish I had this opportunity when I was 19, I was 55 when got my band, and if I can do it, so can you. Keep positive thoughts and you can do it!

Hi, Erin! Don't worry -- tomorrow is a new day, and there is no reason that you can't get back on the stick and meet your goal. I wish I could have understood before now how amazing it would feel to be at a healthy weight, and to feel strong and fit. If I'd had any idea how truly incredibly good that would feel, I don't think I would have put on all my weight in the first place. You deserve to know that feeling, and you have a tool that can get you there.

On the breakfast front, next time you are at the store, buy a box of granola bars and a box of instant oatmeal. Have that for breakfast, even if you have to take a granola bar on the run. Don't do fast food -- that's not good quality food.< /p>

On the exercise front, find a class near you that you can sign up for. Don't worry about whether you're fit enough to do it, and pick something you think you're going to like. I can recommend yoga or Zumba as a good starting point. There is something about working out in a class that is really motivating. That helped me to get on the exercise wagon, and once I finally found something I liked (after 6 months of feeling how you do), I eventually became someone who has made working out part of her life.

It's almost unbelievable to me that I went from a 230 pound person who just couldn't get into the gym to one of the fittest people in my workout classes. I didn't know that would ever be possible for me. And it was so hard for me to believe that it would be possible for me to lose the extra 80 pounds that were holding me back in so many ways. But both of those thing have happened. And this can happen for you, too.

Just take one thing at a time. . baby steps. You have all the time in the world to get this weight off. You don't have to be perfect starting tomorrow. But, you do have to make one small change to get back on the road. So, how about it? Can you commit to buying breakfast food to keep at home today? All you have to do is get a box of granola bars and eat one tomorrow morning. That's already a huge step in the right direction.

Once you have that step down, look into the exercise options and find something to try. You could do that sometime next week.

Also, consider whether you have a decent fill and get to your doctor if you're not at your sweet spot yet.

I hope this helps! You deserve to feel incredible, to be healthier and to love how your body looks.

Best wishes for your success,

Catherine