Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded 7/12--and yesterday discovered I am pregnant

anyone else been in this situation? I am pregnant--I spent most of my morning crying yesterday. (we spent over a year actually trying--and just when I decide that I want to wait until I get more (read all) of my weight off before getting pregnant to have our third child--you guessed it--I am pregnant! So--my conclusion is to relax--this is going to be my last pregnancy--so I am going to let hubby pamper me. I am going to enjoy every minute of it! I am not *emphatic* NOT going to gain 70 lbs--I am going to let my band continue to do its job of helping me not eat a ton. I am going to use this tool. I am not going to freak out and start eating everything in sight--I am going to eat nutritious, fun, healthy foods and enjoy them. I am going to have a healthy fun pregnancy! And then I am going to finish my journey to get to goal!

Any comments are welcome--

Congratulations!! Sounds like you've gotten over the shock and have a great attitude. Have a great pregnancy! :(:):)

Congrats on the pregnancy!!!!

You don't have to answer if you don't want... but were you on any kind of birth control? They say losing weight makes you very fertile, and I also worry about becoming pregnant even though I take my pill daily!

You will do fine with this!

Wow - Congratulations.

You've already done so well with your band that your going to have no trouble maintaining a healthy weight through your pregnancy. And I'm all for that being pampered thing!

It can be done. I fell pregnant with my third child at right about the weight I am now and I was really worried - I'd had preeclampsia twice before and I just didnt want to end up being an enormous whale. I managed to not gain any weight for the entire pregnancy, and not only did my preeclampsia not reappear at all, I had a healthy 3.72kg baby girl. When you're already overweight, there is NO need to gain lots of weight in pregnancy.

While I was preggers with both my kids, I lost weight with both. Since I was considered to have borderline gestational diabetes, the dr gave me a diet to follow like I did have diabetes. It was just a real healhty diet with elivated amounts of lowfat dairy around 1500 calories a day.

Congratulations!! I'm sure your pregnancy will go great!

Hi,

I got pregnant 4 or 5 months after I was banded. I had a fill the first and second trimester and didn't gain any weight. The third trimester I had the fill taken out and gained about 10 pounds - not bad for a pregnancy.

Congrats!!!!!

It's a shame that we can't even enjoy pregnancy, which is the best part of having a child. Society again is there to step and say oh wow you going get fat if you eat that. Thank mam/sir I ate a child seed and it is going to make me fat, I'll start a diet right away. (sarcastic)

Like you said, let hubby pamper you and you enjoy these days of carrying a beautiful bundle of joy. Be sure to let us feel the baby kick. Man that was so amazing......eyes tearing up....I have a 13yr old.....no more.

Good Luck and Congratulations!!!

It was shocking to you, but the way your handling it is wonderful! You have a great attitude. You are right, the band will give you the tool to continue eating in a healthy manner during your pregnancy. Shawn