Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weight gain:(

Ok, so I have decided to see how far I could go without throwing up and I feel like a bottomless pit. I was banded Nov. 15 and am going back for my 1st fill next week. I lost 15 lbs but have gained 6 of it back. It's x-mas time and I am having a hard time of it. I can eat a lot more that 1/2 cup of chicken. I guess the hardest thing for me to do is not drink anything until an hour after eating. Does anyone else have problems with this? I am getting discouraged.

for the first several months after being banded I had a really hard time with not drinking with meals. And then I got my fills and now I can't drink with meals. If I do it's an automatic PB. There's just not enough room for my food and Water and the same time. It took about three fills before I felt that restriction.

Just be patient. The holidays are hard. You're newly banded. Don't stress about the six pounds. You'll get it back off in no time. Enjoy the holidays and just keep working to get good restriction and in no time you'll be lovin' life!

Good luck!!

I gained weight back before my first fill too. I know it's discouraging, but hang in there. Once you get the proper restriction it changes everything.

Why on earth would you want to "see how far you can go without throwing up?"? It's all in your attitude - the way to look at it is to eat what you know you should, in the amount you know you should and enjoy the fact that your band lets you do so without being bothered by acute hunger.

Thanks for the input from everybody. I am going to have to really concentrate on not drinking with my meal. Jack, I think you probably hit the nail on the head and I need to make sure that I get enough Water in between meals. As far as being hungry....yeh, sometimes I feel like I could eat my own arm off. What's up with that?

This is a rough time of year, food-wise, before your first fill! I've had my first fill and have been doing so well, until this week! What is the deal, about every chocolate box and cookie tray has been given to my husband and I this week. I resisted and for the most part my husband hasn't been bringing these home (gifts from work). Now, they are showing up on my doorstep...EVIL!Try not to drink with meals as it washes out the food, from your pouch, and makes you hungry quicker. Try to stay with the hard Protein first as it sticks with you longer. Good luck. Shawn

Guest divapaw

Hey there! I am a Lap Band Coordinator for the Surgery Center of FW and a Band Patient. I had my surgery Aug 2003 and had my fair share of tough "food" occassions. The best advice I can give you is to give yourself a break. You are doing great! This is the hardest time for us, whether you are newly banded, or 2 years out. Eating is, and always has been, a way to gather socially. Try to eat before the parites, keep a glass of wine, or whatever, in your hand to have something to hold. Offer to bring a dish so you know what is in it...low fat...etc. You will get though this time. You may gain a little...but the beauty of the band is that you can get an adjustment and then....start losing again. Hang in there!!

Patty

I dont find prechristmas so rough anymore now I dont work, it used to be a diet minefield with all the work lunches, christmas parties and after work drinks. Now for me Christmas is concentrated in two or three days - I've got Christmas dinner at the MIL's, Christmas dinner with my family and Christmas dinner (with the in lawas again) on Christmas day here at my house. But being on mushies, I find it pretty OK to just say I have rules I have to stick to and that's it. My big indulgence will just be a glass of wine here and there, lol.

But when you can eat and you're out in the workforce, it must be a nightmare.

I lost 10 lbs. within the first week of surgery and then spent the next 5 weeks putting it right back on. I have had 3 fills since and have managed to lose 2 (!) pounds. I'm hungry all the time and can eat pretty much anything. I have a miserable time not drinking after meals. I totally feel your pain.

I feel like I am the only one that doesn't feel hungry. Am I in denial or something? I drink ALOT of Protein Shakes and have my three meals a day. I have only been banded for one week, but I feel huge restriction.